HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:17 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post
When running the servo wizard (with Guardian) i am unsure which parameters to give full control input and which to give actual input. The manual states when using Guardian to give full control input and when not using it to give actual input. I am using Guardian so what input do i give for setting cruising? what about climbing?
hi nogas,

the only way you can find out the correct throttle settings is during the fligt tests.
during the first setup on the bench give a liitle bit more than half way for "cruise" and 3/4 for "climb".

my way to find the settings:
1) make some testflights "by sight" to find the proper CG, angle of attack, motor-shift, servo-throw, sets for expo, .... like any other plane without fpv-equipment.(all with guardian gain "0").
2) set the ahi
3) rise the gain of the guardian to the wanted rate of stabilisation
4) notice the stick positions for cruise and moderate climbout
5) redo the wizzard with those stick inputs
6) test and optimize the rth following the given order in the manual.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:22 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,272 Posts
Quote:
I'm not getting any count down.

It just tells me to hold the throttle / elevator / rudder aileron in position to climb / cruise / descend then hit next. Did everything it asks 3 times, trying different amounts of input and it says that it is finished everytime but still the menu tells me that i need to run the safety wizard.
hi,
just to be sure ... you wrote "hit next" - you are doing the wizzard on the pc - right? Mike described the "traditional" wizzard using the osd and a tv-connection.
i would do the do the wizzard connected to a tv and not with the pc also ... in former firmware-versions the pc-wizzard made some problems.
on the bottom line you see the commands what you should do followed by a number (which counts down) ...... when the next command comes up, the previous set was stored. hold the sticks until the next command appears and all is fine.

cheers Thomas
Last edited by Thint1; Jul 27, 2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:24 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi nogas,

the only way you can find out the correct throttle settings is during the fligt tests.
during the first setup on the bench give a liitle bit more than half way for "cruise" and 3/4 for "climb".

my way to find the settings:
1) make some testflights "by sight" to find the proper CG, angle of attack, motor-shift, servo-throw, sets for expo, .... like any other plane without fpv-equipment.(all with guardian gain "0").
2) set the ahi
3) rise the gain of the guardian to the wanted rate of stabilisation
4) notice the stick positions for cruise and moderate climbout
5) redo the wizzard with those stick inputs
6) test and optimize the rth following the given order in the manual.

cheers Thomas
Thanks Thomas.

OK, So for cruise, descend and climb i give actual inputs? I took note when flying today where the throttle was for each of those. Cruise (just below half), descend (no throttle) and climb (approx 3/4 - full)

So for the other parameters do i give full inputs?
nogas is offline Find More Posts by nogas
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:31 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi,
just to be sure, do the wizzard connected to a tv and not with the pc.
on the bottom line you see the commands what you should do followed by a number (which counts down) ...... when the next command comes up, the previous set was stored. hold the sticks until the next command appears and all is fine.

cheers Thomas
No i'm not getting any numbers. It just tells me to hold the throttle, elevator in position for cruising, descending or climbing then hit next.

Maybe its just the computer version as Mike suggested???

Gotta figure out how to work this from my Tx. Kinda makes it difficult not being able to change settings at the field.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:34 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Thomas.

OK, So for cruise, descend and climb i give actual inputs? I took note when flying today where the throttle was for each of those. Cruise (just below half), descend (no throttle) and climb (approx 3/4 - full)

So for the other parameters do i give full inputs?
Hi,
yes, full stick inputs.

cheers Thomas
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:38 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
729 Posts
Thanks again Thomas.

So i wonder why i'm still getting told i need to run the safety wizard to access certain settings in the menu???
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:38 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,272 Posts
Quote:
No i'm not getting any numbers. It just tells me to hold the throttle, elevator in position for cruising, descending or climbing then hit next.

Maybe its just the computer version as Mike suggested???

Gotta figure out how to work this from my Tx. Kinda makes it difficult not being able to change settings at the field.
Hi,

sorry, i made some edits on the text in the same time you quoted
im not a native speaker and use only 2 1/2 fingers to type
pls read the post again.

using the menus of the osd you can change almost everything at the field .. only the layout of the osds screens need the pc-connection.

cheeers Thomas
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:49 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Thanks again Thomas.

So i wonder why i'm still getting told i need to run the safety wizard to access certain settings in the menu???
hi,
run the wizzard out of the osd menu (tv-connection). power off and reconnect to the pc and youll have access to all.

cheers Thomas
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:59 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
729 Posts
OK, back to the manual to try to figure out how to control the OSD from my Tx. From memory i have to connect an Rx channel to an Aux port of the OSD???
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:06 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Mar 2012
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlocivicsi View Post
Another question that I want to ask is on the RTH.
I believe I have the radius 800 feet in altitude to 575. And outside the 800 radius I have it for cruising altitude at 2000 feet.

today when I was testing it out for the first time i was more than a mile out about 7000 ft from home and it came home just perfectly but then as it got closer It passed by me at about 700 feet made a right turn (a wide one) and flew down to 50 feet of the ground and i was waiting for it to climb but i wasent climbing, it went down to 50 ft !! and if I wouldn't off pulled up on the stick it would've kept on going lower. I thought that the RTH was supposed to keep on circling above me at a certain height. Sorry for the newbie questions but I'm really new to Eagletree and to fpv.
this is the video of my problem.
My Eagletree RTH Problem. (4 min 2 sec)
carlocivicsi is offline Find More Posts by carlocivicsi
Last edited by carlocivicsi; Jul 27, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:08 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Mar 2012
454 Posts
deleted
Last edited by carlocivicsi; Jul 27, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:41 PM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Nice vid, you have some balls leaving it that long to see if it will kick in!

Have you got a vid of the OSD display and settings? It should keep alt yes, did everything display correctly in the OSD?

Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:11 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Mar 2012
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Nice vid, you have some balls leaving it that long to see if it will kick in!

Have you got a vid of the OSD display and settings? It should keep alt yes, did everything display correctly in the OSD?

Dion
i dont have video of the osd display. all i know is that when I hit return to home I was 7000 feet away that's Little bit more then a mile away and it came back just fine. but it didnt circle above me.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Nov 2010
32 Posts
Dear Bill,

Do you think the problem below is because of some incompatibility of the LRS system and the ET OSD ?
__________________________________________________ ______________________
Dear friends from RCgroups,

Im having a problem with my ET system and a new CL rx, my aileron servo doesnt stop jittering when I turn the CL tx on.

CONNECTIONS
I use the RTH function of the ET system, so I connect the CL rxs servo signals into the ET OSD and then to the servos. This way when I turn on the CL tx the servos start jittering

I did a few tests.
a) When I connect the servos directly to the CL rx, the servos work fine.
b) If I connect only the elevator channel from the CL rx into the ET OSD, everything works fine.
c) But If I connect the aileron channel from the CL tx into the ET OSD, the servos start to jitter as soon as I turn the CL tx on. (it doesnt matter if the elevator channel is also connected).
d) If I substitute the CL rx by my Spektrum receiver, everything works fine (aileron and elevator).

The problem only appears when I use the CL rx AND the ET OSD, so I guess the problem is not with the ET OSD exclusively, because it works ok when I use another receiver. But is not also a matter of UHF interference, because the servos work fine if only the UHF system is not being used.
Any ideias ?
Thanks in advance

PS. a video depicting the problem:
Chain link TX interference (4 min 11 sec)
diasyuri is offline Find More Posts by diasyuri
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:07 PM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Quote:
i dont have video of the osd display. all i know is that when I hit return to home I was 7000 feet away that's Little bit more then a mile away and it came back just fine. but it didnt circle above me.
You'll need to provide more settings etc. if you need help here.

Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports