Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 16, 2006, 07:41 PM
Joined Oct 2006
1 Posts
Discussion
Typhoon v. Cornona RD620

hey all, my first post btw. well out at my club we have many people who fly the parkzone typhoons. one of our club members did a sorta scratch build. he bought all the spare parts and made himself a custom typhoon which he dubbed the starphoon, it has star decals, bet you couldnt have guessed. well i did the same thing. i put it together in one week, prolly coulda done it quicker but being a high school student with sports takes away a lot of building hours. well it turned out to be one of the best planes i have. it flies almost as solid as my 1/4 scale taylorcraft. well, it only had 4 successful flights. on the 5th flight it took off and i realized i had lockout problems. i tried to get it down as quickly as possible, but my attempt failed. as soon as i turned final it took a violent nose dive and bit the dust. it wasnt too bad, had to order a new fuse and prop adapter. more money put into an already expensive plane, $555 i might ad. well as soon as i got home i went to work preparing the plane for repair, and disecting the problem. ever since i was 6 and started flying, i had never had any sort of problem like this one. immediately i suspected a receiver problem. the receiver i chose to use was a corona rd620. i had never used a corona yet, but heard some good remarks about it. the 620 is dual conversion, so i didnt suspect interference. what i did discover was that when i applied even the slightest pressure to the male servo connections on the receiver, it caused a lockout. if i applied pressure to unused connections i got the same result. im sending it back tomorrow for a refund and going over to a trusty gws naro for the typhoon. happy flying
jgordonfan302 is offline Find More Posts by jgordonfan302
to remove ads between posts