HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:52 PM
Joined Dec 2013
24 Posts
Discussion
3 Axis Gyro on A Foam Profile

I have a techone YAK 1100 and want to use a Thunder P1-Gyro on it. Since its a profile my mounting options are limited. The instructions (my first Gyro) say it must be mounted horizontally and right side (top) up. If I mount it under the wing, I can't get to the gain pots for adjustments unless I mount it upside down. Can I mount it on its side on the side of the profile body? Better yet, has anyone used of these and has a quick "cheat sheet" I could use? I didn't see any videos on youtube that looked like they would tell me anything.
senator59 is offline Find More Posts by senator59
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2014, 03:17 PM
Joined Dec 2013
24 Posts
I have been in the garage for a couple of hours trying to figure this thing out. Its actually pretty logical. It must be mounted right side up so the elevator gyro responds in the right direction. If its upside down, the gyro thinks the plane is flying inverted. More expensive gyros have reverse switches but this Chinese stuff does not. As for mounting on the side of the fuze, same effect. The ailerons will be screwed up. Lesson to be learned here is to hook it all before you epoxy the wings in!
senator59 is offline Find More Posts by senator59