Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:42 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Brunei, Brunei-Muara, Masin
Joined Nov 2013
130 Posts
Dollar stores? Sorry mate - that's a US thing...

And 'imagining' something that is specifically North American assumes a whole bunch of stuff, like that there is any childrens softball/baseball to make the marketing of such a thing a viable option...

This is the Empire - we play cricket
immike is offline Find More Posts by immike
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:45 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Joined Nov 2013
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Nail View Post
I found three different types a few years ago here, but no flat bats.
A long 71cm round one about 90gms
A short 52cm round at 60gms
and a six sided 65cm at 90gms.
Started to cut up the short one for a Bat but stuffed up one wing and put it aside.
Thanks Rusty. 90gm isn't so heavy for such a tough fuselage.

I have located some bats that my wife will bring back from Australia with her. Time to get building.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:01 AM
Canada, ON, Cottam
Joined Jan 2012
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by immike View Post
Dollar stores? Sorry mate - that's a US thing...

And 'imagining' something that is specifically North American assumes a whole bunch of stuff, like that there is any childrens softball/baseball to make the marketing of such a thing a viable option...

This is the Empire - we play cricket
I am not American, but it is hard to tell sometimes. I can be there in an hour though. Formerly the Empire I guess. A few guys play cricket here. I will have to research your town a bit. 14,500 km from here?
aspeed is offline Find More Posts by aspeed
Old Jun 16, 2014, 09:34 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Joined Nov 2013
130 Posts
Canada has seceded from America?

I wish we had dollar stores here... being on the equator, there's not a lot of call for insulating foam - and despite there being tonnes of EPP/EPO in China, there's zero available here or in Malaysia (just 15 minutes drive away).

But, we have a shedload of Coro - super-thin 1.8mm up to just under 6mm, which we are pretty adept at using.

I would like to make something lightweight, though.

I was surprised at the price of the bats - only AU$5.50. Pretty good for that neck of the woods.

There's a bunch of foam available in Oz, but asking my wife to bring back a box could strain the maritals even further...