Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:13 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,905 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Oh... I had missed that. So that's why I was inquiring. My bad.

Chris

It occurs to me that if we had kept this discussion on topic as some of us begged then this proverbial foot in mouth moment wouldn't have happened (sorry, not meaning to point you out .. just a good moment to make what I think is an important comment).

I'm happy the OP got the money back and I do VERY much like the final words you said. Now that speaks much much much much much better about the type of person you are in my book than the way all this mess started. Well done my new friend

Just out of pure morbid curiousity, what did his letter say if you don't mind sharing?
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Last edited by johnbyrne; Oct 01, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:26 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,905 Posts
I have a direct question to the seller, ibcyouinrc.com now that this is a wrap for the buyer.

1. Did you sell the motor prior to your discussion with the buyer on the 27th?

This is the only question you have been asked over and over yet you have refused to answer.

2. Why have you refused to answer the question?

This is all I want to know at this point.

Thanks much
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:34 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,711 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:35 PM
Buttchin
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined May 2011
46 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Well since the seller sold the engine for 1000.00 to buyer #1 and then sold the engine again to buyer #2 for a inrease price of 200.00 more than he was going to sell it to buyer #1 for. I think the fair thing to do was to split the 200.00 profit. Even 100.00 more was better than the original sale. If he offered buyer #1 the other 100.00 than this whole thing would have been prevented. Its called greed which is the rule of all evil. Causing lies and what ever it takes to get what you want. The more I think about it the more wrong it seems. A vendor selling someone elses engine to make a profit then saying the check looked weird is a new one. Proceed....
franke21m is offline Find More Posts by franke21m
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:40 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Please stop beating a dead horse (meaning posting off topic posts or posts to get a response). We are trying to determine if there is a real issue with a fellow RCG member here. If you can't be part of the on topic discussion then please post in another forum.

Thanks you
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:42 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by franke21m View Post
Well since the seller sold the engine for 1000.00 to buyer #1 and then sold the engine again to buyer #2 for a inrease price of 200.00 more than he was going to sell it to buyer #1 for. I think the fair thing to do was to split the 200.00 profit. Even 100.00 more was better than the original sale. If he offered buyer #1 the other 100.00 than this whole thing would have been prevented. Its called greed which is the rule of all evil. Causing lies and what ever it takes to get what you want. The more I think about it the more wrong it seems. A vendor selling someone elses engine to make a profit then saying the check looked weird is a new one. Proceed....
But we don't know if he sold it at all. Thus, my questions
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:46 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
I have a direct question to the seller, ibcyouinrc.com now that this is a wrap for the buyer.

1. Did you sell the motor prior to your discussion with the buyer on the 27th?

This is the only question you have been asked over and over yet you have refused to answer.

2. Why have you refused to answer the question?

This is all I want to know at this point.

Thanks much

I don't know if it's a total wrap for the buyer, he's leaving this thread open for some reason, but I think his forgive and forget comments are the highlight of the thread, second to him getting his money back of course.

I don't think the seller is going to come back into the thread, he said in previous posts that he tried to explain himself but was getting hammered and it was a "loose loose" to continue to try to explain further. He's already explained that he felt uneasy about the check. That should be a sufficient answer, he should get that benefit of the doubt. That people want him to confirm that he might have sold it to someone else for more doesn't feel like a desire to get at the truth, it feels like it's to satisfy a curiosity and validate what most people probably think, then they can say "see that, I knew it !".

Let's recap.

Seller was not a scammer as previously alleged. I didn't see evidence of lying either. Bafoon? Who knows, but not appropriate anyway. Buyer did get his money back as promised. He didn't have to put a stop pay on the check but did to cover himself, probably a prudent move. Buyer admitted he could have waited for the issue to resolve prior to starting the thread, but was angry and concerned about his money, rightfully so. Seller has attempted to apologize and explain his rationale for what happened, and confirmed some better communication might have been in order.

There's one thing I think could be done to wrap up the issue completely and I've made that suggestion to the buyer, but it's really up to the two people involved to resolve it.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:47 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
I'm pretty sure he said he sold it to someone else in his first post, but since he has removed that post I can't be 100% sure about that.
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:49 PM
Buttchin
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined May 2011
46 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkus View Post
I'll call him out.Someone offered $1200 and you took the extra $200 and left the original customer high and dry and did not even email or PM him that you called off the deal and sent the check back. HUNKUS

This is the post right after the one he deleted.
Thats the story I beleive atleast. Pretty shady
franke21m is offline Find More Posts by franke21m
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
I do believe the seller when he said he thought the check looked funny, but him not actually verifying the check with the bank or the buyer is what made me question him about if and when he actually sold to another buyer. I also think that his refusal to answer the question posed in the very beginning is part of what led to others piling on
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:02 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin3rsAllDay View Post
I do believe the seller when he said he thought the check looked funny, but him not actually verifying the check with the bank or the buyer is what made me question him about if and when he actually sold to another buyer. I also think that his refusal to answer the question posed in the very beginning is part of what led to others piling on

he could have communicated better overall, no doubt, but continuing to put effort into timelines, dates of letters, revised posts etc etc, what is the expected outcome? For many, this is a seller you won't to business with. At least one other person has bought from him and said he would do it again.

It's a deal gone bad, but money was returned as promised. Buyer has said Forgive and forget.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:06 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,905 Posts
There is very good reason to press the seller. I don't know yet if he actually did anything wrong and his name is mud at the moment. I'd really like to know if he earned the reputation.

Another consideration is that it is in his best interested to come forward. If he does even if what he says makes him look bad, this will come to a closure and his reputation can start healing. As it is, there is no way I'd buy from him and that is sad given I also said I don't know if he is guilty of anything. I really would like to fix that
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
I fully agree to ask now is pointless because as already stated he probably won't return to this thread. That's why I quit asking, I asked three times in the beginning after that I knew he wasn't going to answer no matter how many times he was asked. I think the buyer just needs to close the thread.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:14 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,905 Posts
Well I sent a PM to the seller some times ago and he didn't respond eventhough he was online and is still online. So with that said, I hate to say it but you are right. Time to close this one down and let people draw their own conclusions about the seller. His name is mud here now and will be forever probably. That is a really sad thing indeed given all his is probably guilty of was bad judgement. This is really sad but at least the OP got his money back so I'll focus on the good here.

Cheers to all and unless the seller does post, I'm gone from this thread.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:18 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
414 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
Guys, read the posts. We don't know how the seller diposed of the item other than that he didn't like the check the buyer sent ( thought it looked fake) and didn't inform him that he was returning it until the buyer wanted to know where the item was...two weeks later. He didn't try to contact the buyer when he received it to explain why he was suspicious. A reasonable person would have done this immediately. We are assuming he had another buyer because he didn't contact him upon receiving the check. The seller will only say he can transact business however he wants, and refuses to answer the question as to whether he had another buyer...although the item was advertised on more than one site....The Reader's Digest version....Speaking of digestion, is anyone else getting nausea?
ww2collector is offline Find More Posts by ww2collector