HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:30 AM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Discussion
World Artistic Games in China !

Hi,

Although it is not yet official, the World Artistic Games (a multi-sports event featuring AeroMusicals as well as half a dozen other artistic sports) will take place in China during November, 2012.

The World's top 24 pilots will be invited to this thrilling event. AeroMusicals is the indoor freestyle competition class (F6B) from which F3P was derived.

We expect two US pilots to be part of the package, provided they are nominated by AMA before May, 2012

FAI guy
FAI_guy is offline Find More Posts by FAI_guy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:51 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Looking forward for for this even. Its so nice to see how far Aeromusical step forward. I bet China will be great host for such event.
3Don is offline Find More Posts by 3Don
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:12 AM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Don View Post
Looking forward for for this even. Its so nice to see how far Aeromusical step forward. I bet China will be great host for such event.
Hi Donatas,
What is more, you can be sure there will be lots of spectators and great TV shows all through the events, a good recipe for sponsors.

Now one problem remains : How will AMA select/nominate the two pilots they are entitled to ? AeroMusicals has specific rules with even more accent now for the "artistic" facet of the flight, rather different from what US indoor freestyle is usually made of. But I still believe 2 US pilots certainly belong to the World's top 24. Let's see how they step forward to the challenge.

FAI guy
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:25 AM
Hungary
Joined Mar 2007
28 Posts
We would like to ask what are the races that have been organized according to certain rules of FAI competition and selection matter? I know that there is a competition in Prague in January, I do not know details. Maybe Donatas has competition. The only race of which we know the exact details IITOP in France. If I want to compete in 2012 I need accurate information to the sponsor. Please help!

Regards: Gyula Inzs÷l Hungary
Picipocc is offline Find More Posts by Picipocc
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:58 AM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Hello Gyula,

Both Donatas' and Prague event are - or will be - on the FAI contest calendar, although Donatas said it will include F3P (including F3P-AFM which is a part of F3P) but not AeroMusicals and the Prague event will include F3P and AeroMusicals and will be a selection event for the World Artistic Games in China.

FAI guy
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:36 PM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picipocc View Post
We would like to ask what are the races that have been organized according to certain rules of FAI competition and selection matter? I know that there is a competition in Prague in January, I do not know details. Maybe Donatas has competition. The only race of which we know the exact details IITOP in France. If I want to compete in 2012 I need accurate information to the sponsor. Please help!

Regards: Gyula Inzs÷l Hungary
Hi Gyula

What do you mean by races?
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:37 PM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
We are trying to ensure that the UK has a representation.
Due to the timing we will have to make it by BMFA nominations at this time unless
we can arrange travel to a ranking event

Andy
Old Oct 24, 2011, 01:14 PM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
Hi Gyula
What do you mean by races?
Contests.

FAI guy
Old Oct 24, 2011, 01:19 PM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Quote:
We are trying to ensure that the UK has a representation. Due to the timing we will have to make it by BMFA nominations at this time unless we can arrange travel to a ranking event
Andy
Hi,
The WILL be at least one UK pilot. For a second one, it depends upon his ranking against known pilots. This is what the Prague contest is made for. It will also enable to assess the level of pilots from Russia, Poland, etc., including UK.

FAI guy

Old Oct 24, 2011, 01:37 PM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Guy

I have to leave Shahid to look at this at time moment as I have just started a new job along with final preparations for the EIM

Andy
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:33 PM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
For those who want to know. We will share the show, in the same arena, with artistic roller skating and artistic cycling, while other artistic sports, such as diving and synchronized swimming will take place at another nearby location (obviously ! ). Other sports involved are artistic & acrobatic gymnastic, show dance, etc.
Such a multi-sports event is a new concept from SportAccord (the World organization uniting all sports federations, olympic games, etc.) that began last year and groups sports along given themes so as to raise spectators and Media interest for lesser known sports. Combat Games was the first such event, Beach sports are next. It is understood that such Games will have a 3-year cycle.
Another opportunity to promote our sport to the general public with strong TV support.

FAI guy
Old Nov 03, 2011, 04:34 AM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
The first officially-announced 2012 AeroMusicals contest that will also be used as a selection contest will take place in Mons, Belgium on January 14 & 15. Hone your schedules !

FAI guy
Old Nov 03, 2011, 06:09 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Quote:
We are trying to ensure that the UK has a representation.
Due to the timing we will have to make it by BMFA nominations at this time unless
we can arrange travel to a ranking event

Andy
Hi Andy , it is a shame that the EIM UK event has again missed the chance to be a world ranking event, but maybe you will in future use your event for UK pilot to qualify for World rankings.

I have travelled to Lithuania for 3 years, also Mons and Prague. All these events are massive fun and I have meet some really nice orginizers and pilots over the last 5 years.
I have preached abit about how UK pilots should travel more and now with new dates for Mons and Prague, and soon announced Lithuania I think, it should not be difficult for UK pilots to travel to gain rankings.
Being from Northern Ireland UK it is more expensive for me to travel to EIM Leeds than it is to Lithuania,Mons or Prague.
I really do hope that you can encourage a few UK pilots to attend some of these competitions. They will have the time of their lifes

Richard
richard boyd is offline Find More Posts by richard boyd
Old Nov 03, 2011, 07:12 AM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard boyd View Post
I really do hope that you can encourage a few UK pilots to attend some of these competitions. They will have the time of their lifes
Richard
With just one car filled up to the brim with planes & pilots, it's really but a short trip going to Mons. You won't regret it.

FAI guy
Old Nov 03, 2011, 07:29 AM
Joined Jul 2007
406 Posts
TWO US pilots invited

Don't forget that AMA is entitled to select 2 pilots, preferably of course the top two US pilots.
Travel & in-country expenses paid ! Why miss it ?

FAI guy