Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:44 PM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,718 Posts
If it flies anything like the clearview model does, you're going to have a lot of fun Saturday!

PS: I was looking for you on netplay but couldn't see you. I was going to do a little fantasy racer flying with you. But tomorrow's another day.
Hit N Run is online now Find More Posts by Hit N Run
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
Dammit! Shoulda stayed on Clearview! The dreaded boom strike!
niteskynut is offline Find More Posts by niteskynut
Old Mar 06, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
Broken helicopter

I`m sorry to report that there were no survivors.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
ordering parts right now but I`ll be on netplay later if anyone wants to join. 10 - 11 pm E.S.T.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskynut View Post
ordering parts right now but I`ll be on netplay later if anyone wants to join. 10 - 11 pm E.S.T.
I guess I just missed you. Oh well, maybe tomorrow then.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:40 AM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
I'm sorry. I didn't get on 'till about 11:30. Hope to see you tomorrow.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:41 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,718 Posts
Quote:
I'm sorry. I didn't get on 'till about 11:30. Hope to see you tomorrow.
I see i'm not the only one who can't sleep tonight, lol.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
going on now. I downloaded some landscapes today and I will be trying them out. Does anyone know where I can download some cars? They are not nearly as much fun as flying but fun nonetheless. It would be a laugh to race somebody on one of the 3 tracks.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,718 Posts
Speaking of landscapes.... I noticed I have way more landscapes in my "landscapes" folder in the clearview program file, than I do on the actual list when i'm running the program.

Could Stefan, or anyone else, explain how I can get those other landscapes to work?

Because some of them look like nice places to fly. I'll include a screenshot so you can see what i'm talking about. There's about 17 landscapes that come on the landscapes list. But I have way more than that in the program file, as you can see in the picture I included below, there are about twice as many landscapes in the program folder.

I've looked at the files closely and see that they only include the image file and a data file, but lack all the other files that are needed to make it a working landscape to choose from on the list.

Is there a way I can make the rest of these landscapes work? Because that would be awesome!
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,718 Posts
Oh well, i'm going to do a little flying before the solar storm gets here.......

Solar Storm Warning

It's probably nothing, but knowledge is power, so i'm spreading the word.
When you finish looking at the website, come fly with me over on the livermore landscape.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:08 AM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
Main sequence stars like are sun are remarkably stable until they reach the end of their lives. (approx 10 billion years for a star of our sun's mass.) The intensity of solar radiation reaching Earth has been relatively constant through the last 2000 years, with variations estimated at around 0.1-0.2%. Solar flares however, are extremely energetic, releasing up to 6 1025 joules of energy (about a sixth of the total energy output of the Sun each second). When earth is in the path of one of these flares it can trip power grids and play havoc with delicate electronics. Earths magnetic field shields us however and these flares pose no danger to humans. On the up side we can expect some awesome auroral displays as energetic particles accelerated to near light speed are funneled along the magnetic field lines to the north and south poles. So when you go out at night don't forget to look up! Sorry I know this post has nothing to do with the thread. But this is a subject that fascinates me. I'm on netplay now if anyone wants to join in. I'm flying a greatplanes super sportster 40 that I got from Hit n run. Holy cow! What a fast plane! 80 mph in a dive! I'm on the halcones landscape. See you there!
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:12 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,718 Posts
niteskynut,

I agree it's likely nothing to worry about at all. But when the media is making a fuss over it, then I start wondering......

Anyhow, back on topic.

I'm about to go fly on clearview because it is way too windy to fly outside. Well, my flying wing might be alright in it but i'm not taking that chance.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
@ Hit n run

I've been on all morning I kept checking but didn't see you in the list. I'm off to the hobby shop to get the parts for my B400. I called yesterday and I think he has all the parts I need in stock. Yay! It's windy here too so even if I get my blade fixed today I won't be taking it out. However I'm hoping my new mcp x will get here today so I might be doing some indoor flying. (can't wait!) lol I'll be back in an hour. Hope to see you if your still on. ttyl
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,718 Posts
Quote:
I've been on all morning I kept checking but didn't see you in the list. I'm off to the hobby shop to get the parts for my B400. I called yesterday and I think he has all the parts I need in stock. Yay! It's windy here too so even if I get my blade fixed today I won't be taking it out. However I'm hoping my new mcp x will get here today so I might be doing some indoor flying. (can't wait!) lol I'll be back in an hour. Hope to see you if your still on. ttyl
I saw you with as heli, but it was just sitting there at idle while I was flying around with a couple of different planes. I figured you were away from the compluter or something.

So I reset clearview, you were still there, so I joined with you again, but same deal, just sitting there. Oh well, maybe the solar storm is affecting the internet, lol.

I'll be on again a little later.... Probably around 12pm (central time) So about 1pm (EST)
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Feb 2012
158 Posts
You're right I was farting around here leaving the heli on idle.. my bad! I just got back from the hobby store. he had everything i needed except for my mixer arms. I know there is one sitting in the parking lot across the street. gotta find it or wait 2 weeks to fly my blade! Going on now see you there I hope.