SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:40 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
The good news is that while it may take awhile to get spare parts, they are nearly cheap as dirt for most of them. I don't feel bad ordering extra props at less than 3.00 a set, or other things of that nature. Fairly cheap lil bug to keep flying.

It was raining when I got off work today, and it was nice to be able to run a battery or two through the ladybird inside the house. Having this has resulted in the grounding of all my small helis

G Man, it will get much easier fairly quickly with the Ladybird. As you've figured out, just keep a few spare parts around. As others have mentioned, noting wrong with gluing the frame back together to get some more life out of it etc.

@ Murdock, the frame certainly feels a bit weaker than the rest of it. But I agree, at $2.50 a pop or so, I'd rather it break than something else!
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
Well my CA didn't hold more than 4 flights. I was hopping it too though. Found and old watch back oring and tied it. It was only one side that broke. I may even look into taking the bottom off and looping velcro if it doesn add too much weight. I was going to order another BNF but since no one has experienced electrical issues I decided on just parts. Found a USA ebay seller and bought enough to keep me happy.
As soon as the helimax lid is out I may get one.

Also. I picked up DYN5003 a Tamiya to micro connector this weekend. This allows me to charge my batts off my larger charger. You will have to swap the wires around on the micro plug. They are backwards
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Last edited by muck76; Nov 12, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:29 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Yeah, I have some more props, a couple of frames, some batt connectors ( for those LEDS... my local hobby store didn't get an order in yet for the losi mini t connectors yet ) and other stuff otw from Hong Kong. Should actually be here Wed or Thurs. I need to check the tracking number again actually.

What was my point? Oh yes heh... I've always found I'm happiest when I throw a few more spares into the order if I'm going to bother having them shipped from across the world. I guarantee that I would break the one part that I don't have a handy replacement for. I tend to do it for every other thing I fly.
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:37 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,279 Posts
After my experience with GeniusCP motors burning out one after another, i initially dismissed this since replacing four motors would get pretty darn expensive.

Then i saw this

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-7m...r-p-51897.html

For the price of a GCP motor, you can get four of the ladybird motors? Not too bad.

I did notice tho that every other online store i checked the motors included the arms and almost the same price as a GCP motor. How hard is it to replace the motors?
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:41 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
After my experience with GeniusCP motors burning out one after another, i initially dismissed this since replacing four motors would get pretty darn expensive.

Then i saw this

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-7m...r-p-51897.html

For the price of a GCP motor, you can get four of the ladybird motors? Not too bad.

I did notice tho that every other online store i checked the motors included the arms and almost the same price as a GCP motor. How hard is it to replace the motors?
The motors from banggood are very good . I'm already using them on one of my hybrids.

Replacing motors from LadyBird motorarms is pain They fit very tight in the holder, I recently broke one motor while trying to pull out.

Why not use cheaper UDI motorarms. I also using them on a LB frame.
They costs a little more then the motors ($3.20) but you have a full motorarm:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ud...4-p-48836.html
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ud...3-p-48839.html

I'm sucessfully using them on a original LB Frame with a v939 rx.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:32 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,267 Posts
If you want to pay a few cents more you can find them at tmart.com for $3.99 a piece with free shipping and it's located in the US warehouse, so you would receive them very quickly.

udi parts from tmart
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4,279 Posts
How many motors have you guys burned through so far in the time you had it?

Not counting the time spent waiting for replacement motors to arrive, i've basically gone through three GeniusCP motors in about a week. I'd hate to go through that on a quad with four motors.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:06 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,267 Posts
I've went through zero. I have about 50 flights (just guessing) on mine and have yet to replace a single part other than putting a fresh set of blades on every once in a while. Haven't broke a blade yet though, just bent them and bent them right back in place. I just like fresh blades after a while.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:08 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,616 Posts
H,
I've not had to replace a Ladybird motor or arm yet in 2 months and at conservatively 100 lipos worth of flying. So about 800minutes of flying. During this period I had no motor strikes or "hard-landing" damage that would contribute to most motor failures either, so that has to factor in

That said, spares are always good to have around and I hope that someone eventually finds these 7mm x 20mm with 1mm motor shaft ~20, 000Kv CW and CCW coreless motors at decent bulk pricing, Decent being defined as around $1ea After all the commonly available 7mm x 16mm with 1mm motor shaft coreless motors are about 50 cents each in bulk

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
How many motors have you guys burned through so far in the time you had it?

Not counting the time spent waiting for replacement motors to arrive, i've basically gone through three GeniusCP motors in about a week. I'd hate to go through that on a quad with four motors.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:27 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
340 Posts
No burned motors after more than 80 flights with LB. But one was faulty from the beginning (consumed to much current) and was hard to turn around (not spinning freely).

My to X100 has survived more than 100 flights without motor problem.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:40 AM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
If you want to pay a few cents more you can find them at tmart.com for $3.99 a piece with free shipping and it's located in the US warehouse, so you would receive them very quickly.

udi parts from tmart
i'm going to have to bookmark this..
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4,279 Posts
Thanks. I was actually looking at either a flame wheel or a hoten-x for after i learn to fly the 450sport, but when i saw how cheap the spare motors were, that's the only time i gave the ladybird a second look. Maybe it can be my trainer before moving up to a flame wheel. The batteries being compatible with the ones for the GeniusCP also puts it in a good light.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:43 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
340 Posts
As Jesolins stated earlier, one of the best LiPo battery is the UDI sold by Banggood, mine arrived some days ago and in my opinion these are the best I tried so far (labeled 240mAh 30C).

I also tryed:
MiniPet 300mAh
HobbyKing NT 300mAh
HobbyKing NT 260mAh
OEM Walkera 240mAh
VL-toys 330mAh
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:46 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,616 Posts
Gents,
Updated some info today:
Micro quad OEM and Turnigy Nano-Tech lipo tests 101
Note :My UDI U816's OEM and a UDI lipo lot from Banggood were marked with 250mah and no c-rating. The U816 info states the 250mah as the OEM lipos. So I see here that there might be some substitutions and YMMV
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
As Jesolins stated earlier, one of the best LiPo battery is the UDI sold by Banggood, mine arrived some days ago and in my opinion these are the best I tried so far (labeled 240mAh 30C).

I also tryed:
MiniPet 300mAh
HobbyKing NT 300mAh
HobbyKing NT 260mAh
OEM Walkera 240mAh
VL-toys 330mAh
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Nov 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
The V2 uses the same motors as the v1 right? Is the v2 just as fast? I saw a video of one of you guys flying a v1 and that little thing is fast! I think I am finally going to take the plunge and buy the v2.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard