SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarthguy View Post
Hi guys. I just picked up a V911. it will arrive tomorrow.

After doing hours of research I have also picked up the following to go along with it.

1. Solo pro carbon fiber main shaft for weight savings.

2. SP full CNC kit. with swash-new mixer arms. etc.
(I will NOT be trying to use the metal head as I have heard its very heavy.)
I know the cnc swash is heavy but im hoping the cf shaft will equal it out.

3. I picked up a set of 5 200mah batteries.

My first question is about the CF shaft, It just came in today and I noticed that the shaft has a split in it right at the gear screw hole.

Is this shaft JUNK or would a bit of CA salvage it?
Yes. I think it's junk.
I bought a bunch of SP CF shafts. They all had splits and I junked them.
The "fisheye" swash comes with a better quality CF shaft.
Quote:

Also. Any tips on stability mods?
I haven't heard of any mods that make it more stable.
If you have an original TX, you will want to do the resistor mod.
(if the TX show 3 bars when you move the stick in low rates, you have an original and want to do the mod. If it shows only2, it's newer and will be fine without the mod).

The only mods I have (now) are the resistor mod and the fisheye swash.
Quote:

My goal is to keep this guy hovering like a coaxial with my hands off the TX like its hanging off a string.

But not lose the ability to get crazy with it once i really master the controls.

Thanks for your help!
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001 View Post
They're probably getting overloaded with Christmas orders.

The aluminum kit was a failure, the heli was uncontrollable. I took it back to stock and I can actually fly it now, but I'm having trouble getting it to fly well. When I take off, it wants to go back and to the right. I tried adjusting the trim but it still acts the same on takeoff. If I punch the throttle on takeoff it won't stray as far but it whips around and I can't control it for a second or so. Is there something on the heli that I should be adjusting? I read through the manual and checked the linkage, everything seems to be within spec.
Is the pin on the swash in the guide slot?
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:31 AM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Is the pin on the swash in the guide slot?
Yep it's in place, everything looks ok to me but I'm new to helicopters. I can only fly it in my house right now because of the weather but hopefully it'll clear up tomorrow. I need more space, the house just isn't enough room for a newb like myself.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:08 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001 View Post
Yep it's in place, everything looks ok to me but I'm new to helicopters..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1542968

Mechanical/manual trim thread, it should be mandatory reading for us new owners.

In short, cancel your controller trims and adjust the lengths of the servo connectors first, to get a neutral hovering trim.

Once done there is no real need for any trim on the right controller stick, indoors anyway. You will likely still need to trim the rudder per flight.

If this doesn't solve it, look for stock swashplate separation or linkage binding near the head which can cause TBE/precession. But I expect you just need mechanical trim.
Thwock is offline Find More Posts by Thwock
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:57 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,719 Posts
Guys, I ruined my Solo Pro with an aluminum kit, Don't waste your money, stock parts work well.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
As RawmadeCF said. You do not need the DSM mod to bind with the V911. The Turnigy comes with the FlySky module and that is reported to bind with the V911 like the two were made for one another.

The DSM mod I reference above is for people flying Horizon Hobby stuff. Such as the Blade mSR.

Hi Daryoon,
I'm a newbie with this hobby, and I'm planning to buy Turnigy 9x, but could not find the flysky module in hobby king.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Firmware_.html

Still in "backorder" and what is included with the said link is Turnigy RF9X-V2 module.

Will this still binds with V911?

Thanks!
irvinrhey is offline Find More Posts by irvinrhey
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinrhey View Post
Hi Daryoon,
I'm a newbie with this hobby, and I'm planning to buy Turnigy 9x, but could not find the flysky module in hobby king.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Firmware_.html

Still in "backorder" and what is included with the said link is Turnigy RF9X-V2 module.

Will this still binds with V911?

Thanks!
It has the Flysky module inbuilt.

You can get the Flysky TH9X(same as Turnigy 9x) here :

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Fl...r-p-47904.html

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/flysky-f...-p-406149.html

http://www.xheli.com/79p-th9x-r9b-9channel-radio.html
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Thanks, Msytman!
However, I am still wondering if the Turnigy RF9X-V2 module can also bind with the V911?
irvinrhey is offline Find More Posts by irvinrhey
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:21 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinrhey View Post
Thanks, Msytman!
However, I am still wondering if the Turnigy RF9X-V2 module can also bind with the V911?
The answer to your question is Yes.

I could see how you don't want to read the entire long thread. But read at least the 1st post and the FAQ there. Your question was answered there. If you tried to use the search function and look for 9x, you'd see that many of us have been using, or buying that exact Tx.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Jun 2012
90 Posts
Increase flight time at 7000 feet base altitute

I moved from near sea level to 7000 feet. The poor little 911 has to work itself to death to stay up in normal flight for more than one minute, then it flies a couple inches off the ground until the battery is depleted. I am guessing that is because it has something to "push against". I upgraded to the 150 ma batteries, but that doesn't help much. Are there some longer blades, more powerful motor or some other modifications that can be made to keep it aloft longer?
hereathome is offline Find More Posts by hereathome
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:33 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
I've been looking at the 9x also and noticed that some appear to have the antenna on the the TX and other on the module. Are there different model numbers, or is one a new/upgraded version??
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I've been looking at the 9x also and noticed that some appear to have the antenna on the the TX and other on the module. Are there different model numbers, or is one a new/upgraded version??
They are working the same. Only the Hobbyking Turnigy 9x has the antenna on the TX.
Beside this, they are totally the same. The Flysky TH9X is the "original"
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:39 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,499 Posts
@irvinrhey:
Yes, get a Turnigy 9x. The full one with it's module built in. It uses the FlySky protocol and will bind up with the v911, v929, v939, Xieda 9958, Vitality, Syma X1

The FlySky TH9x radio sold by Xheli is the same as the Turnigy 9x. Except in a black plastic instead of the grey on the Turnigy. The antenna is on the top as well. It's on sale for $74.50 and there's an extra 10% off coupon that expires tonight. The company is in the US, so a good source if you live there.

Ok, scratch that. They expired the coupon already even though it said you have until midnight (PST). Perhaps their server time is off.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:39 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
So the modules are removable for both units? I remember reading a while back about the module having to be modified in order to remove it from the Turnigy tx.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
So the modules are removable for both units? I remember reading a while back about the module having to be modified in order to remove it from the Turnigy tx.
Yes, the Flysky module on the Turnigy has to be unsoldered before unplugging because of the integrated antenna.

Take Daryoon's offer for the FlySky TH9X!