to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:04 PM
Keith Thomas
United States, NM, Portales
Joined Feb 2010
1,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2 View Post
Do the modern Patterns resemble the old control line pattern planes in smoothness of transitions ? Long tails ?

Or are they jerky to do violent stunts ?

I ask, as I remember them being used as U C trainers with reduced horn / bellcrank throws.

Would any look & fit into the " Smooth, long tailed type ? ".

Many thanks.

Rich

Old mind I thought I was starting a new thread. Will get it changed.
I'm not sure what you're asking???
keithtsr is offline Find More Posts by keithtsr
Old Dec 06, 2013, 04:28 PM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
837 Posts
Barn find, lol what is this?

Help me identify this It is Fiberglass fuse, 54 1/4 " long, has a belly pan , setup for inverted engine, rear exhaust,

The jury is in .. apparently it is a Yoshioka Dash 5 , however they all seem to be kits and havent found any other info on any with a glass fuse...

anyone know more about it?
bushpilotx1 is online now Find More Posts by bushpilotx1
Last edited by bushpilotx1; Dec 07, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2013, 12:20 PM
Northern CA
Joined Feb 2005
111 Posts
Here is some info if you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-p...ern-plane.html
JWink is offline Find More Posts by JWink
Old Dec 07, 2013, 02:40 PM
CPA 30, SPA 523
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2009
450 Posts
Wow, I thought that would go unrecognized. Congratulations, now maybe you can get the wing and stab info and have a set made.
Although, yours looks original but the other one looks like a much newer layup. Still sight down the fuselage and make sure it's straight before you get into building it.

Tim
Timthetoolman is online now Find More Posts by Timthetoolman
Old Dec 09, 2013, 12:12 AM
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
837 Posts
Hi Tim , yes the fuz is straight, I am looking forward to electrifying this one.

Once I secure the plans I will be looking for someone to cut me some cores...

Now "Who cuts the best cores"?

Tim care to volunteer, lol
Last edited by bushpilotx1; Dec 09, 2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 08:09 PM
Joined Dec 2013
4 Posts
hi to everyone in this thread im a new member and jumping in with my classic plane line up for winter repair/build ; ab models intruder w/os.75 - nose broke off clean just in front of wing - sig komet kit wing, tail & fuse done needs final assmbly-eng enya 60xf- ultimate kaos rebuild fuse thinking of ys45fr re or st60 bluehead that should keep me going for the cold months - also hv 1/2a ace kits in semi built form that need eng & radio set up. so who building?
duain is offline Find More Posts by duain
Old Dec 14, 2013, 08:46 PM
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
837 Posts
Duain , welcome to the group......
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:04 AM
United States, IL, Sugar Grove
Joined Jan 2005
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilotx1 View Post
Hi Tim , yes the fuz is straight, I am looking forward to electrifying this one.

Once I secure the plans I will be looking for someone to cut me some cores...

Now "Who cuts the best cores"?

Tim care to volunteer, lol
This beauty deserves it's own build thread!

Jim
jimIII is offline Find More Posts by jimIII
Old Dec 30, 2013, 05:19 AM
Darwin
Joined Aug 2002
740 Posts
Season greetings you mob
Some magic memories in this thread
Cheer's again
CrocEnd is offline Find More Posts by CrocEnd
Old Sep 15, 2014, 07:10 PM
Put a bigger motor on it!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Feb 2007
1,443 Posts
Curtis and dhal,

Would you have any other photos of the field that was on Indian Trail? This was the first place I saw an RC plane fly and instantly got hooked as a kid. Surprisingly, I remember it quite vividly. I was pretty young, maybe 5-6 years old. There, I asked my dad for an RC plane and he told me I'd have to wait until I was 13. We never spoke of it again, although I thought about it almost daily, until my 13th bday when I gave him the reminder. Soon after, we were building a Goldberg Cub together, and it has shaped my hobby and career ever since.

I don't think I'd ever been back to the field on Indian Trail, and it was closed for a few years by the time I had got into RC. Would love to see some pictures if you have them as this is as far back as I can remember falling in love with aviation.
gtfreeflyer is online now Find More Posts by gtfreeflyer
Old Sep 16, 2014, 06:12 AM
United States, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Dec 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfreeflyer View Post
Curtis and dhal,

Would you have any other photos of the field that was on Indian Trail? This was the first place I saw an RC plane fly and instantly got hooked as a kid. Surprisingly, I remember it quite vividly. I was pretty young, maybe 5-6 years old. There, I asked my dad for an RC plane and he told me I'd have to wait until I was 13. We never spoke of it again, although I thought about it almost daily, until my 13th bday when I gave him the reminder. Soon after, we were building a Goldberg Cub together, and it has shaped my hobby and career ever since.

I don't think I'd ever been back to the field on Indian Trail, and it was closed for a few years by the time I had got into RC. Would love to see some pictures if you have them as this is as far back as I can remember falling in love with aviation.
I do not have any photos of that 'field' but like you I remember it well. I carried my 4 Star 40 with me everyday and would stop there and fly it on the way home from work.

David
dhal22 is offline Find More Posts by dhal22
Old Sep 16, 2014, 07:50 AM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2003
412 Posts
I never flew there and only visited the field a couple of times. It alway worried me that the field was so close to the busy road. Good flying sites have always been a problem in the Atlanta area. I'm glad to hear that you love aviation and have enjoyed our "sickness" for R/C.
Curtis1966 is offline Find More Posts by Curtis1966