New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Sep 24, 2015, 09:08 AM
henriquekapazi is offline
Find More Posts by henriquekapazi
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
4 Posts
Build Log
BF-109 F 1/5 SCALE own design.

hello friends of rc groups.
i came here in the forum to share with you my new project.
I am still finalizing the plant but here are some photos for you guys who can express his opinion
henriquekapazi is offline Find More Posts by henriquekapazi
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2015, 06:49 PM
Steve85 is online now
Find More Posts by Steve85
The "pro" in procrastination
Steve85's Avatar
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Mar 2004
3,434 Posts
Welcome to RC groups, Henrique! Your design looks very good, but I think you only need half the number of fuselage formers and wing ribs, especially if you're going to cover the model with balsa or Depron skin. Too many formers and ribs only add unnecessary weight.

Steve
Steve85 is online now Find More Posts by Steve85
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:01 PM
henriquekapazi is offline
Find More Posts by henriquekapazi
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
4 Posts
thanks steve!
iit's likely that I'll end up using a gasoline engine in this model and how I intend to do all the fuselage formers and wing ribs using balsa without plywood , I opted for a more enhanced structure
henriquekapazi is offline Find More Posts by henriquekapazi
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2015, 08:24 AM
TomCrump is offline
Find More Posts by TomCrump
ARFs Are Me
TomCrump's Avatar
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
13,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquekapazi View Post
thanks steve!
iit's likely that I'll end up using a gasoline engine in this model and how I intend to do all the fuselage formers and wing ribs using balsa without plywood , I opted for a more enhanced structure
This is an electric forum. You may get advice more suited for a gas powered model, here. http://www.rcgroups.com/fuel-warbirds-173/

Using scale former locations on gas models is common. Weight is not nearly the issue as it is with our electric powered models.
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2015, 02:06 PM
D-Rock is offline
Find More Posts by D-Rock
Registered User
D-Rock's Avatar
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Oct 2004
2,076 Posts
Nice looking design- keep us posted with progress.

D-Rock
D-Rock is offline Find More Posts by D-Rock
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2015, 03:33 AM
perttime is offline
Find More Posts by perttime
Registered User
perttime's Avatar
Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,611 Posts
Some designers feel that the same construction will work just fine for electric and gas.

Have you compared your design with what others have done? The first that come to my mind are "fokke"'s 1/5 Fw 190 and Spitfire (on his own website and threads in the warbird section of RCU).
perttime is offline Find More Posts by perttime
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2015, 09:15 AM
henriquekapazi is offline
Find More Posts by henriquekapazi
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post
This is an electric forum. You may get advice more suited for a gas powered model, here. http://www.rcgroups.com/fuel-warbirds-173/

Using scale former locations on gas models is common. Weight is not nearly the issue as it is with our electric powered models.
I understand, but I intend to use only balsa wood for the construction of the model, and because the gas engine vibe I increased the number of formers for krieg a more solid structure.
already had models falling apart and full flight due to engine vibe .
I understand your point of view and certainly it was a glow or electric model the number of trainers would be lower
henriquekapazi is offline Find More Posts by henriquekapazi
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2015, 02:08 PM
TomCrump is offline
Find More Posts by TomCrump
ARFs Are Me
TomCrump's Avatar
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
13,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquekapazi View Post
I understand, but I intend to use only balsa wood for the construction of the model, and because the gas engine vibe I increased the number of formers for krieg a more solid structure.
already had models falling apart and full flight due to engine vibe .
I understand your point of view and certainly it was a glow or electric model the number of trainers would be lower
I disagree.
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2015, 06:24 PM
kenair is offline
Find More Posts by kenair
ken kalynuk, winnipeg CAN
kenair's Avatar
Winnipeg, MB CANADA
Joined Feb 2000
221 Posts
It appears that you and I are on similar paths in Corel Draw.

What wing span will your model be? What will you do for a cowl?

my thread is at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-w...l#post12101454

I think you are ok with the number of formers, perhaps I would make then more hollow to save weight aft of the c of g.

Good luck on your project!
kenair is offline Find More Posts by kenair
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2015, 09:01 AM
henriquekapazi is offline
Find More Posts by henriquekapazi
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenair View Post
It appears that you and I are on similar paths in Corel Draw.

What wing span will your model be? What will you do for a cowl?

my thread is at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-w...l#post12101454

I think you are ok with the number of formers, perhaps I would make then more hollow to save weight aft of the c of g.

Good luck on your project!
thanks for you idea! check ou the new former with weight relieved
henriquekapazi is offline Find More Posts by henriquekapazi
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Scale Build-Off 5 Roll Your Own Enlarged Longhorne Bf 109 JIMA Scale Kit/Scratch Built 119 May 06, 2016 09:33 AM
Build Log Scale Build-Off 4 Guillows 16 1/2" span Messerschmitt BF-109 The_LeadingEdge Scale Kit/Scratch Built 16 Dec 05, 2014 06:25 PM
For Sale Bf-109 E4 1/5 composite KIT fokke Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 19, 2014 04:07 AM
For Sale Bf-109 E4 1/5 composite KIT fokke Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 21, 2013 12:20 AM
Build Log 1/5 Scale Dave Platt Bf-109 Wolpertinger Scale Kit/Scratch Built 819 Sep 13, 2012 09:37 AM