New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2015, 04:44 AM
Find More Posts by mrcl
Switzerland, ZH, Schwerzenbach
Joined Apr 2015
101 Posts
New Product
E-Flite P-51D BNF Basic (1200mm wingspan)

So after the T-28 rebirth, they've done the Mustang now.

E-Flite P51D BNF Basic

Key Features

Easy to complete final assembly
AS3X® technology for rock-solid flight stability
6-channel control with a steerable tail wheel
Operational flaps with independent servos (installed)
Retractable electric landing gear (installed)
Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A DSMX® receiver (installed)
Powerful 15-size brushless motor (installed)
E-flite 40-amp brushless ESC (installed)
(6) Spektrum micro servos (installed)
Accepts 2200mAh 3S 11.1V Li-Po battery packs (sold separately)
Constructed with durable Z-Foam™ material
Colorful WWII 334th Fighter Squadron trim scheme
Realistic 4-blade propeller and engine exhaust detail
Painted canopy with a clear view of the pilot and cockpit

Needed To Complete

Full-range 6+ channel transmitter with Spektrum DSM2®/DSMX technology
2200mAh 3S 11.1V 25C Li-Po flight battery
Suitable charger—all sold separately

Overview

Out of the gate, the 1941 prototype of the P-51 was impressive. However, trials revealed that the super-sleek machine needed the right tweaks to become a true thoroughbred. The magic formula was realized with the P-51D Mustang because it had the performance, weapons and range to outperform any challenger of the day. After WWII, thousands of the P-51D aircraft remained in service with numerous countries around the globe—some till as late as 1980. The E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.2m model captures the legendary U.S. Army Air Core fighter at its peak when it was with the 334th Fighter Squadron and features the kind of performance, detail and flying quality that’s sure to impress.

Even standing still, the realistic four-blade propeller, outline and cockpit detail highlight the laser-focused attention given to pull off a popular subject like the Mustang. Each scale flap section features the precision of independent servo operation while the retractable main landing gear features reliable electric operation that looks smooth. Construction with Z-Foam™ material keeps the overall weight low and delivers level of airframe durability that’s ideal for everyday flying. But the exclusive feature that makes this definitive aircraft the choice for having a great flying warbird experience is AS3X® technology. That’s because the compact Spektrum™AR636A DSMX® receiver installed features an AS3X system specially tuned to give you rock-solid flight performance similar to the experience you’d have with an expertly set up model many more times its size. Whether you’re an intermediate or advanced pilot, the P-51D Mustang 1.2m will help you enjoy what flying a legendary thoroughbred is all about.

Technology that Makes Flight More Satisfying

The advanced AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel AR636A receiver is what helps give this model an incredibly solid look in the air and feel to you at the controls. As a result, your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced, making a warbird like this Mustang the best flying experience possible.

Electric Retracts

The installed main landing gear feature reliable electric retraction with covers over the steel struts and outer gear doors that enhance the scale appearance.

Functional Flaps

A light wing loading, plus operational flaps, gives this warbird a significantly greater flight envelope with the ability to takeoff in shorter distances and land more slowly.

15-Size Brushless Power System

The power system features a 15-size outrunner with 850Kv and a 40-amp ESC that when combined with your 2200mAh 3S 25C Li-Po battery delivers outstanding thrust.

Z-Foam™ Material

Construction with durable Z-Foam™ material offers the ability to replicate complex detail with greater accuracy while providing a lightweight airframe that’s easy to maintain.

E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.2m BNF Basic (2 min 47 sec)
mrcl is offline Find More Posts by mrcl
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2015, 06:01 AM
Find More Posts by AlfaMike
oops wrongway
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Mar 2012
141 Posts
Well, for those of us who don't have a P51 in their hangar, this looks good! Although a bit pricey here in Australia but in-line with recent announcements.....
AlfaMike is offline Find More Posts by AlfaMike
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:07 AM
Find More Posts by SubyDude
Luke A.F.B., AZ
United States, AZ, Glendale
Joined Aug 2009
200 Posts
Oh, come on! Another Mustang?!? With all the different aircraft that fit the "warbird" definition, Eflite delivers ANOTHER P-51. I don't get it? They have an 1100mm P-51, and now they release a 1200mm? They're now competing with themselves...
SubyDude is online now Find More Posts by SubyDude
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:48 AM
Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Warbird & Jet Lover
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubyDude View Post
Oh, come on! Another Mustang?!? With all the different aircraft that fit the "warbird" definition, Eflite delivers ANOTHER P-51. I don't get it? They have an 1100mm P-51, and now they release a 1200mm? They're now competing with themselves...
Yeah, it does seem kinda weird. However, sometimes there are things that happen behind the scenes that just can't be shared publicly. It may not make sense from the outside, but from inside Horizon it does, even if it's a sub-optimal solution.

I will say that the 1200mm birds do fly better than the slightly smaller 1100mm birds thanks to the extra wing area. It's unfortunate they now have a Mustang in each class, but it will be interesting to see which one the market gravitates toward. Kind of a market test between price and size/performance.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:30 AM
Find More Posts by Rampage
DFS#000178
United States, CA, Twentynine Palms
Joined Aug 2005
5,326 Posts
Another P-51. And it's not even a B/C variant.

Funny thing is it's got flaps and retracts and it's still cheaper than the Pawnee.

But seriously. What's the point? It's only slightly larger than the Dallas Doll. Why do we need another P-51 of the same variant with a 4" wingspan greater than the Dallas Doll?

Dallas Doll - P-51D with 44" wingspan
New one - P-51D with 48" wingspan

Why? .....Why?

Also, are parts going to fall off of this one in flight?
Rampage is online now Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:31 AM
Find More Posts by jayxer
Joined Oct 2007
456 Posts
Not only are they competing with their own 1100 e-flite P-51 Dallas Doll, but the 1.2M T-28 isn't even available yet. Now anyone considering buying that, has a much better looking P-51 with the same options they could wait slightly longer for. Just really odd timing....

It does look like a great plane, and for some reason, looks much more appealing to me than Dallas Doll ever did.
jayxer is online now Find More Posts by jayxer
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by mrcl
Switzerland, ZH, Schwerzenbach
Joined Apr 2015
101 Posts
For people like me who don't already have a Mustang and like the 1200mm sizes I guess.

Also since they seem to resurrect all the Parkzone stuff, expect other "ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE?" in the future.

I like that bird but I can see why it causes unrest.
mrcl is offline Find More Posts by mrcl
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:37 AM
Find More Posts by F106DeltaDart
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Jan 2011
714 Posts
It looks good, but they could have at least added some more features than the 1100mm to make it more appealing. Gear doors and a retractable tailwheel would really help the appearance. A scale sized prop would really help as well.
F106DeltaDart is online now Find More Posts by F106DeltaDart
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:41 AM
Find More Posts by TrojanMan
Joined Feb 2013
140 Posts
This weighs about 3.3 lbs (3 lbs is AMA's limit for a park flyer). I know HH doesn't design around AMA but the site claims it's a park flyer. Aren't we started to get out of the park sized planes? The plane looks good but how heavy of planes are you guys flying in parks? My heaviest is the Parkzone F4U-1A. I was thinking about getting the Dallas Doll and still may over this one because of the weight.
TrojanMan is offline Find More Posts by TrojanMan
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:43 AM
Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,856 Posts
If only it were a "B".....
southernmd_man is offline Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:44 AM
Find More Posts by Barrett_G
Joined Mar 2011
688 Posts
I'm not understanding the "1.2m" tag either..

I could kind of understand the T-28. It's got quite the cult following so they continued the old and reliable model while offering the 1.2m version to appease the new crowd with bells and whistles.

The P-51 doesn't make sense to me.. Unless maybe they plan on dropping the smaller "Parkzone" airplanes and keep the 1.2m class as their park flyers.

Like I've said... Im confused and intrigued.... And also hoping they release a 1.2m P-47!!! Lol!
Barrett_G is offline Find More Posts by Barrett_G
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by jayxer
Joined Oct 2007
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett_G View Post

I could kind of understand the T-28. It's got quite the cult following so they continued the old and reliable model while offering the 1.2m version to appease the new crowd with bells and whistles.

The P-51 doesn't make sense to me.. Unless maybe they plan on dropping the smaller "Parkzone" airplanes and keep the 1.2m class as their park flyers.

Like I've said... Im confused and intrigued.... And also hoping they release a 1.2m P-47!!! Lol!
The Dallas Doll is an E-flite offering though. And only released within the last year or so.

But I am also in agreement on a 1.2M P-47! Maybe in Razorback or as an N model with the chopped wings!
jayxer is online now Find More Posts by jayxer
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
AMA 636518 - FAA FA********
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
1,027 Posts
And I'm hoping for a re-do of the Spit, I never bought that last one.
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by dan1uk
United Kingdom, Havant
Joined Aug 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Craig View Post
And I'm hoping for a re-do of the Spit, I never bought that last one.
id second that.....1200mm spit would be real nice
dan1uk is offline Find More Posts by dan1uk
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Warbird & Jet Lover
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett_G View Post

I will say there is a desire to migrate to the 1.2m class because they fly so well. The extra wing area helps them carry the extra weight of the flaps & retracts better in comparison to the 1100mm series. Ultimately the market reaction will determine which series wins out.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt