New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 04:07 AM
Find More Posts by adamtoo
Go foam or go home!
Sweden, Norrbotten County, Luleň
Joined Sep 2014
1,086 Posts
Changed up the Skippy again. Wanted to see no foam or FPV cam in Mobius and no foam or Mobius in FPV cam and didn't want to stack Mobius and FPV cam like last time. And removing foam is always funName: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455181611.508099.jpg
Views: 5
Size: 523.8 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455181623.055232.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 511.6 KB
Description:
adamtoo is online now Find More Posts by adamtoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 10:19 AM
Find More Posts by ApexpredatorGT
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Nov 2014
2,965 Posts
That is true, I was also considering that I might just launch the skipper close to our destination as I think the 2200 won't really give me the flight time required due to the extra weight resulting in needing more power. Should still be very fun especially seeing the footage. I'm pretty excited, summer needs to arrive already
ApexpredatorGT is online now Find More Posts by ApexpredatorGT
Old Today, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by Mr.frankenjet
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
Charlottesville, VA
Joined Jun 2005
1,684 Posts
with a 1550 she comes back pretty empty between 5 and 10 min so I think while some have put that much weight in the plane it sounds like you would be short. You could also put a battery monitor/beeper in the plane so you can tell when he is getting low but that too might be hard to hear over a full sized boat, as stated maybe you can always land on the water Looking forward to seeing this one good luck
Mr.frankenjet is offline Find More Posts by Mr.frankenjet
Old Today, 03:10 PM
Find More Posts by drambuidhe
United Kingdom, Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Joined Oct 2012
1,355 Posts
Sounds like a fun idea and hope you succeed.
However , I think you'll need the "good luck," God's watching over you
Firstly, surely your rc boat won't get 6miles on one battery?
Secondly, will the ferry stop to retrieve the boat or plane if you don't succeed?
My beaten up old girl carries around 70g of fpv kit and a Zippy 3s 2200 lipo which is 157g and MAY at a push do 4 miles !
nicktwinnflying (4 min 36 sec)
drambuidhe is offline Find More Posts by drambuidhe
Old Today, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by adamtoo
Go foam or go home!
Sweden, Norrbotten County, Luleň
Joined Sep 2014
1,086 Posts
Hobby King Skipper/Joysway Dragonfly

Agreed very doable. Flew 8k total on one batt and my plane weighs 960g
adamtoo is online now Find More Posts by adamtoo