Old Feb 07, 2016, 10:46 PM
Find More Posts by Heppy Ket
What place .... is this ???
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
2,363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy120 View Post
I am missing a bit of info. Im using a Frsky Rx, if there is signal loss and it goes to failsafe will Storm RTH?
Yes, if you set if up that way. This will vary from radio to radio, so you will need to refer to your manual, put simply what you want on your radio is all control surfaces set to neutral, rth switch ON, throttle set to CRUISE then engage your failsafe, when testing make sure you remove the prop from the motor as it should start up when you switch your radio transmitter off. BE CAREFUL!
Heppy Ket is online now Find More Posts by Heppy Ket
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2016, 10:49 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
2,363 Posts
Now I am after a little help anyone struck this problem before, near the end of the video, the display cycles through the various modes by itself I thought a change of battery might help but it did the same thing on the following flight, was just a nuisance and it did not affect the flight at all. Any ideas? from 5:40 on

Hobby King EPP-FPV flight camera (6 min 43 sec)
Old Feb 08, 2016, 12:43 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
2,363 Posts
Problem solved, worn servo wire, replaced it and all is good.
Old Feb 08, 2016, 01:48 AM
Find More Posts by Tommygunn
My name is Tom
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Misano Adriatico
Joined Aug 2009
1,498 Posts
Von Cave,
Cool, Cheers.

Tom.
Tommygunn is online now Find More Posts by Tommygunn
Old Feb 08, 2016, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by Andy120
New Zealand, Waikato, Te Kauwhata
Joined Jul 2006
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppy Ket View Post
Yes, if you set if up that way. This will vary from radio to radio, so you will need to refer to your manual, put simply what you want on your radio is all control surfaces set to neutral, rth switch ON, throttle set to CRUISE then engage your failsafe, when testing make sure you remove the prop from the motor as it should start up when you switch your radio transmitter off. BE CAREFUL!
I only have a 2 position switch, originally for gear or flaps available on the Tx. Will manual/RTH work on that?
Andy120 is offline Find More Posts by Andy120
Old Feb 08, 2016, 10:10 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
2,363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy120 View Post
I only have a 2 position switch, originally for gear or flaps available on the Tx. Will manual/RTH work on that?
I don't think so as you need an off, pa and rth position, could be time for a new radio
Old Feb 08, 2016, 10:26 PM
Find More Posts by stilly
Canada, AB, Medicine Hat
Joined Apr 2009
168 Posts
wiring help with mini talon

Can someone give me the wiring from the storm to mini talon using a V mixer.? I cannot get it figured.
stilly is offline Find More Posts by stilly
Old Feb 09, 2016, 12:20 AM
Find More Posts by HelloNello
Long Range FPV addict
Australia, VIC, Werribee
Joined Jan 2013
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
Can someone give me the wiring from the storm to mini talon using a V mixer.? I cannot get it figured.
I simply take the rudder servo lead directly from the Receiver to the VTail mixer then take the ELE out from the Storm OSD to the vTail mixer.
HelloNello is offline Find More Posts by HelloNello
Old Feb 09, 2016, 12:20 AM
Canada, AB, Medicine Hat
Joined Apr 2009
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
Got it figured
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:48 PM
Find More Posts by skellator
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
It's not a fast plane but if you aren't going for distance it is a great plane to linger around with. I can maintain altitude with less than 2 amps. I would watch the OSD climb sink rate and I did cut back if I could see I was gaining altitude but I think I had as many sink areas as I did lift on that particular day.

On the flight before I was more into the throttle but still got over 31 minutes.
DIY plane? never seen this plane before? any info on it

UPDATE: nvm found it http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1538751
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
Last edited by skellator; Feb 11, 2016 at 10:53 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 01:44 PM
My name is Tom
Joined Aug 2009
1,498 Posts
Ok, everything is a success. I did a bench top installation and all my circuitry worked flawlessly. It turns out that there is no direct ground connection from one side of the Storm to the other so I will keep the ground connections from the Storm to the RX. I'll probably do away with the pos and neg on the 'mod' lead just to simplify things even further.

Tom.

Old Feb 13, 2016, 01:55 PM
My name is Tom
Joined Aug 2009
1,498 Posts
A couple of problems have arisen.
First, is the twitching of the aileron and elevator servos when I change the display. It happens as shown below:
Fighter - twitch - Concise - no twitch - OSD off - twitch - Fighter

What could be the reason for this?

Secondly, when I cycle the flight modes with my 3-way switch I also get 'PA' when the switch is in the 'RTH' position. Is this simply because I am indoors with no GPS reception and not done the complete setup yet, or is there a problem?

Tom.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:54 AM
Canada, AB, Medicine Hat
Joined Apr 2009
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygunn View Post
A couple of problems have arisen.
First, is the twitching of the aileron and elevator servos when I change the display. It happens as shown below:
Fighter - twitch - Concise - no twitch - OSD off - twitch - Fighter

What could be the reason for this?

Secondly, when I cycle the flight modes with my 3-way switch I also get 'PA' when the switch is in the 'RTH' position. Is this simply because I am indoors with no GPS reception and not done the complete setup yet, or is there a problem?

Tom.
Not sure about the twitching.
For the PA in RTH mode, check in the radio mixing for the channel switch you are on, that it is not overlapping. Meaning the switch position on the radio ( low, meduim, and high position ) aren't to close to each other.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 05:52 PM
Find More Posts by SkyHigh6
YouTube: Sky Studio
United States, TN
Joined Feb 2016
154 Posts
I am thinking about getting this mainly for the RTH function... I don't really care about the OSD but maybe i'll use it in the future. http://www.goodluckbuy.com/cyclops-s...tive-case.html
If I got this in the link above, is there anything else I need to get like a compass or wires? Thanks
SkyHigh6 is offline Find More Posts by SkyHigh6
Old Feb 14, 2016, 06:38 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
2,363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHigh6 View Post
I am thinking about getting this mainly for the RTH function... I don't really care about the OSD but maybe i'll use it in the future. http://www.goodluckbuy.com/cyclops-s...tive-case.html
If I got this in the link above, is there anything else I need to get like a compass or wires? Thanks
If you aare looking just for RTH function, try this, it works well and will save you money,

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2417656

I like the Storm very much, but if you don't want the OSD, you don't have to have it.