Old May 07, 2014, 10:49 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,786 Posts
Discussion
Hovership MHQ Mini-Quad!

Hi folks,

I'm not too far off owning a HoverShip MHQ that a forum friend is printing for me and I'd like to know how many others have printed one of these and what hardware you are using with it?

Pics of setups too would be awesome!!

Cheers,

Alan.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2014, 03:06 AM
United States, CA, Calexico
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
Hardware you can find it at hovership.com... they're selling it about 15usd.. fast shipping
rodher12 is online now Find More Posts by rodher12
Old May 09, 2014, 05:10 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodher12 View Post
Hardware you can find it at hovership.com... they're selling it about 15usd.. fast shipping
Great! Thanks mate!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 08:24 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,786 Posts
Hi folks,

Its been a little while since I posted in this thread of mine so I though I would show you all the maiden FPV flight of the litte guy.

I'm absolutely loving this mini quad, I've gone from the KK2.0 board to the Naze32 Acro board and flying in manual/rate mode its a beast!!

As for the FPV setup, I'm running a ReadyMadeRC Pico V2 camera coupled to the ReadyMadeRC 1280g Pico Vtx and they are both running off a Pollolu 5v step up from a single 180mah 1s battery. I get about two to three 6 minute flights off the little battery and the quad itself is running a 4s 1300mah Zippy Compact pack. The recording is done with a Mobius with normal lens.

Anyway, here is the video.

Mini H quad (2 min 58 sec)
Old Jun 29, 2014, 06:21 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,786 Posts
Heres my latest video of the HoverShip. I'm now running a Naze32 onboard and have been experimenting with flips and rolls! This little thing rolls quicker than you can blink!

Sherm Learns to flip and roll! (3 min 24 sec)
Old Jul 18, 2014, 03:38 PM
United States, WV, Fairmont
Joined Oct 2009
517 Posts
Bump of an old thread.

This is one of the few threads I could find on this frame, so thought I would post up here.

Just got mine built about a week ago and loving it so far.
This is my first quad of this size (5" props) and I am loving it compared to my 7" and 10" prop quads.
My 7" (Armattan 258) has more power, but this one just seems to fly so well for FPV.

This is also my first 3D printed item, which sparked my interest in getting a 3D printer again,,,,
I have one on the way!!! Very excited to start cranking out parts, already working on a nice mount for the FPV camera to replace my zipties.

It has even taken one fairly hard crash and survived well, just had to pop a few of the rubber bobbins back in place.

Hovership MHQ Frame
KK2.1.5
ReadytoFly 12A ESCs
SunnySky X2204 2300kv Motors
5" GemFan Props
FrSky RX
Sony FPV Cam
ImersionRC 600mW Video TX
2200mAh and 1500mAh packs (its fine with 2200 but 1500 does fly with a bit more power)
AUW without Battery= ??? (notes at home, will edit later)
jtice is online now Find More Posts by jtice
Old Jul 18, 2014, 08:48 PM View Post
fpv2012
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while fpv2012 edits it. Show it to me anyway.