HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2014, 11:31 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,903 Posts
Discussion
Nine Eagle Galaxy Visitor 3 FPV GPS (update no FPV or GPS)

Looks like a new one coming down the pipes.

http://www.banggood.com/Nine-Eagles-...-p-916343.html

http://www.helicomicro.com/eagles-galaxy-visitor-3/
johnbyrne is online now Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Last edited by johnbyrne; Jul 10, 2014 at 02:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2014, 01:46 PM
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
2,937 Posts
Looks nice, will have GPS right?
GhostMaster is online now Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Old Feb 08, 2014, 02:02 PM
Antisocial Curmudgeon
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2013
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMaster View Post
Looks nice, will have GPS right?
This description from Banggood should make everything clear...
Quote:
Description:
The quadcopters models " medium " , that is to say, with a distance of 14-24 cm between each motor ( a completely arbitrary value ) , are becoming more numerous. The Eye One Xtreme RC Logger or alias LaTrax are perfect illustrations . Galaxy 3 Visitor Nine Eagles will soon join them. Hopefully it is more successful than its little brother the Galaxy Visitor 2 . What could be the case if the device is based on a GPS rather than electronic compasses to power the drive controller in flight information.

It discusses the main features : an independent way of theft of camera orientation , a function return automated its starting point , a camera for photos and videos in flight. To this is added a "Following " mode: it is hoped that this is a function of monitoring the radio , which could be very interesting to shoot oneself in the practice of a sport nine eagles ... galaxy 3 visitor quadcopter 2Le remaining characteristics , including size, weight, type of engine ( they are probably brushless) , battery, availability and price are still unknown. And for illustration only , we have so far that 3D rendering paparazziesque to put our teeth ...
Fyathyrio is offline Find More Posts by Fyathyrio
Old Feb 08, 2014, 03:45 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2013
1,928 Posts
Looks good, we are getting there..micros with GPS and full navigation functionality!
Waterbound is online now Find More Posts by Waterbound
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2014, 03:48 PM
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbound View Post
Looks good, we are getting there..micros with GPS and full navigation functionality!
This is not a micro... The size will be about the same as the Xtreme or even larger...
GhostMaster is online now Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Old Feb 08, 2014, 04:43 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,528 Posts
Looks good if it is brushless. "( they are probably brushless)" from Bangood's site is a bit ambiguous
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Feb 08, 2014, 05:53 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,903 Posts
LOL yeah the description is ...errr ... well ... darn I don't know what it is lol My favorite is "a completely arbitrary value "

but then again, " independent way of theft of camera orientation " is ... errrr ... I don't know what it is ha ha ha hah a
johnbyrne is online now Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Feb 08, 2014, 09:51 PM
Joined Jun 2013
1,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMaster View Post
This is not a micro... The size will be about the same as the Xtreme or even larger...
Correct, I meant we are getting there, micros with GPS and full navigation functions (some day )
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2014, 10:00 PM
Working to make things happen!
Joined Mar 2013
1,215 Posts
Waterbound...how much would you be willing to pay for a micro with GPS? I am curious what people's thoughts are on this possibility.
HeliStorm (FPV America) is online now Find More Posts by HeliStorm (FPV America)
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV America Petitioning the FAA
Old Feb 08, 2014, 11:56 PM
Joined Jun 2013
1,928 Posts
I don't know.. It all comes down to how good do they make it look on video to the point I make another impulse buy! I think something with that kind of nano technology is a ways off but it could demand $500-1000 easily IMO. It has to work, it can't fly away, have waypoints etc., that kind of technology in a nano package would be an incredible seller. Just looking at where we were 3-4 years prior compared to footprints getting smaller is amazing.

I can't remember who said it, but someone posted a year or so ago and stated that multi rotors should be integrated with components by choice, meaning if you want GPS, fpv functionality that all you would need to do is add the component to the system. In a perfect world that would mean a system that was built to be compatible with known components and it would be sold that way. Truly plug and play for every component.
It's hard to state what I would put as a dollar amount or value on something like that but I believe it would be very popular, same as a micro/mini with full navigation and related capabilities. The closest thing I can relate to full navigation functions is something like an APM system or NAza etc., so put that technology in a micro package and I would pay for it
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2014, 10:54 AM
Joined Mar 2013
1,215 Posts
Quote:
I don't know.. It all comes down to how good do they make it look on video to the point I make another impulse buy! I think something with that kind of nano technology is a ways off but it could demand $500-1000 easily IMO. It has to work, it can't fly away, have waypoints etc., that kind of technology in a nano package would be an incredible seller. Just looking at where we were 3-4 years prior compared to footprints getting smaller is amazing.

I can't remember who said it, but someone posted a year or so ago and stated that multi rotors should be integrated with components by choice, meaning if you want GPS, fpv functionality that all you would need to do is add the component to the system. In a perfect world that would mean a system that was built to be compatible with known components and it would be sold that way. Truly plug and play for every component.
It's hard to state what I would put as a dollar amount or value on something like that but I believe it would be very popular, same as a micro/mini with full navigation and related capabilities. The closest thing I can relate to full navigation functions is something like an APM system or NAza etc., so put that technology in a micro package and I would pay for it
The reason I ask, is because I have been researching this type of build, and given existing components it would be in the $700 range or so...mass manufacturing could bring thr cost down, but you would still likely be looking at around $500. Maybe $499.99. The argument I have heard from people is that few people would be willing to pay that if they think they can get a bigger, and therefore perceived BETTER system for the same or cheaper.
HeliStorm (FPV America) is online now Find More Posts by HeliStorm (FPV America)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2014, 11:19 AM
Joined Jun 2013
1,928 Posts
I have been looking into it as well and could probably benefit a separate thread on the topic, would be nice to get an open sourced project out of this, I would definitely devote time and energy to helping the cause. I have a long way to go but where I work we develop and test aircraft communications and have the ability to have detailed conversations with some real gurus in the communications areas so would personally pic to hear everyone's thoughts on ideas towards those goals.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2014, 11:23 AM
ozo
Joined Jan 2013
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStorm View Post
The reason I ask, is because I have been researching this type of build, and given existing components it would be in the $700 range or so...mass manufacturing could bring thr cost down, but you would still likely be looking at around $500. Maybe $499.99. The argument I have heard from people is that few people would be willing to pay that if they think they can get a bigger, and therefore perceived BETTER system for the same or cheaper.
You can build a 350 size quad for around $300-350 with APM, transmitter,lipos, charger.... rtf. At least i'm trying. still waiting for all the parts.
ozo is offline Find More Posts by ozo
Old Feb 09, 2014, 11:25 AM
Joined Mar 2013
1,215 Posts
Quote:
I have been looking into it as well and could probably benefit a separate thread on the topic, would be nice to get an open sourced project out of this, I would definitely devote time and energy to helping the cause. I have a long way to go but where I work we develop and test aircraft communications and have the ability to have detailed conversations with some real gurus in the communications areas so would personally pic to hear everyone's thoughts on ideas towards those goals.
I agree. We could take this elsewhere. I have thought about trying to build a potential base of interested parties, and then suggesting a crowd-sourced option to fund an ultimate production. I have someone now with a carbon fiber mini to micro (slightly bigger than a Ladybird, but smaller than a 180qx) frame capable of carrying a fully featured FC, and have been discussing this possibility with him.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2014, 11:31 AM
Joined Mar 2013
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
You can build a 350 size quad for around $300-350 with APM, transmitter,lipos, charger.... rtf. At least i'm trying. still waiting for all the parts.
The point is, it would be smaller than a 350 size. And, that is the type of mentality I suggested. A micro with GPS would be a cool feat for no other reason but miniaturization of the tech, BUT, it could potentially have a limited market due to perception its small, so it should be cheap, and that it wouldn't be able to carry something like a GoPro.
RCG Plus Member