Old Jun 27, 2013, 02:16 PM
jhi
Norway
Joined Jun 2009
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Hi Jan,

See my prior post about the Vimeo site change for downloading a user's uploaded video. They no longer keep the original for a week like they used to, so it's a Vimeo re-encoding issue, not your processing! I just tested with one of my own clips upload two days ago and got the same garbage download. I now have to look into maybe using YouTube (ugh!)

FWIW, AviDemux can do a direct copy of the video into an MP4 container, but the audio stream must either be re-encoded (e.g. selecting MP3 output well) or deleted entirely (via the audio tab to turn off the source video). The latter option is much faster if you don't want the audio track.
Thank you, thank you!

I was just pulling your leg when I asked you to watch YouTube in 1080p, but it looked like turned out useful (I know how you felt about YouTube before). I realize now I have to be a Plus member to upload full HD to Vimeo. Are you a Plus member? Anyway - I think the YouTube 1080p quality is OK - next to original material.

Avidemux. I agree - it is a good, free program, but there is a learning curve (as always). I tried your tip - cropped and saved this 720p-60Hz video to a .mov file and disabling the source audio stream.
This may also contribute to the 720p-60Hz AOV discussion.
Does anybody know how YouTube is treating 60Hz material?

REC 0019 720p60Hz crop uten lyd (0 min 0 sec)

PS
Upload will be ready "soon"......

Regards Jan
jhi is online now Find More Posts by jhi
Last edited by jhi; Jun 27, 2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Added video link and question.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2013, 02:28 PM
Camera Reseller.
Joined May 2013
318 Posts
I spoke to the developer regarding the helmet mount and they expect it to be ready within a few weeks or so. In the mean time I have sourced a few helmet mounts that should be arriving next week on www.JooVuu.com that are available for pre-order.
JooVuu is online now Find More Posts by JooVuu
Last edited by JooVuu; Jun 27, 2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhi View Post
Does anybody know how YouTube is treating 60Hz material?
Youtube downscales 60 fps to 30 fps. So basically there is no point in "youtubing" 720p/60 material. If Youtube is important to you, then it's better to shoot at 1080p/30...
Fintastic is offline Find More Posts by Fintastic
Old Jun 27, 2013, 02:57 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintastic View Post
Youtube downscales 60 fps to 30 fps. So basically there is no point in "youtubing" 720p/60 material. If Youtube is important to you, then it's better to shoot at 1080p/30...
Now I'll have to look at Vimeo in this regard as well. I don't like watching 1080p-30 fps video--- too jumpy motion in a large screen format. 720p, if true 60 fps at Vimeo, and that's where I'll be.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 27, 2013, 02:58 PM
Michigan, USA
Joined Nov 2009
215 Posts
Quote:
AviDemux can do it, and it's a free solution. But it, too, requires a starting cut to be on a key frame. But that's not a big restriction... loses only 1/2 sec. of video in the worst case, and the editor has buttons for stepping forward or backward through key frames.
Here is my experience with Avidemux 2.6 and cutting Mobius 1080p MOV.
Does not output MOV.
Outputs MKV with no re-encode of video and audio.
Outputs MP4 with no re-encode of video but audio must be re-encoded to AAC or MP3.
Outputs AVI with no re-encode of audio but the video plays only in some players (No in Windows Media Player, No in KMPlayer, Yes in VLC).
Normandy5 is offline Find More Posts by Normandy5
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:06 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normandy5 View Post
Here is my experience with Avidemux 2.6 and cutting Mobius 1080p MOV.
Does not output MOV.
Outputs MKV with no re-encode of video and audio.
Outputs MP4 with no re-encode of video but audio must be re-encoded to AAC or MP3.
Outputs AVI with no re-encode of audio but the video plays only in some players (No in Windows Media Player, No in KMPlayer, Yes in VLC).
Yep, same here, with deleting the audio stream also an option where re-encoding it is necessary.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:10 PM
Joined Apr 2013
86 Posts
jhi, could you please share the raw videos with us? You can share it in dropbox, for example...
Also, could you please share some 720p@60fps?
PedroDank is offline Find More Posts by PedroDank
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:17 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhi View Post
http://youtu.be/5L8lTAoXPOM

PS
Upload will be ready "soon"......

Regards Jan
Can you please download your camera config file and post it here? I'd like to see it. You do that by starting with the camera off and unplugged from the PC (with memory card in the camera), then PRESS AND HOLD the Mode button, and while still HOLDING, PRESS AND HOLD the Power button until the red LED blinks and turns off. The config file will be on your memory card named SYSCFG.TXT. It's a plain ASCII file, so you can cut and paste the text here. Some text will be shown as "Smileys", but that's OK for my purposes.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:24 PM
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Now I'll have to look at Vimeo in this regard as well.
I don't think Vimeo supports 60 fps either, unless they have made changes recently.

The best (and pretty much only?) way to distribute 60 fps video is to just share it as a file somewhere...
Fintastic is offline Find More Posts by Fintastic
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:26 PM
United States, NV, Pahrump
Joined Feb 2013
496 Posts
Hey Tom, Do you have any Experience with the Boscam HD19? Being as these both are HD and offer Video out how do you think they compare? Also How does the Video out compare to dedicated fpv cams like the z4020 on securitycamera2000??
trickedout is offline Find More Posts by trickedout
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:30 PM
Joined May 2013
10 Posts
waterproof

Does anybody know if a waterproof case is planed for MOBIUS cam, something like the one for the #26 or SJ1000 and for what price approximately.
salimi is offline Find More Posts by salimi
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:33 PM
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedout View Post
Hey Tom, Do you have any Experience with the Boscam HD19? Being as these both are HD and offer Video out how do you think they compare? Also How does the Video out compare to dedicated fpv cams like the z4020 on securitycamera2000??
That would be interesting.
GhostMaster is online now Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:34 PM
jhi
Norway
Joined Jun 2009
173 Posts
Quote:
Can you please download your camera config file and post it here? I'd like to see it. You do that by starting with the camera off and unplugged from the PC (with memory card in the camera), then PRESS AND HOLD the Mode button, and while still HOLDING, PRESS AND HOLD the Power button until the red LED blinks and turns off. The config file will be on your memory card named SYSCFG.TXT. It's a plain ASCII file, so you can cut and paste the text here. Some text will be shown as "Smileys", but that's OK for my purposes.
Here...
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:59 PM
jhi
Norway
Joined Jun 2009
173 Posts
removed..
Last edited by jhi; Aug 14, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 04:09 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedout View Post
I have Boscam HD19 and SJ1000 plus #18 , etc ... but I have Mobius only on the way to me ...

For what I can see Boscam HD19 need a strong light to perform good, else the color and contrast is a bit weak. Boscam HD19 also has quite some noise visible in the captured photos and still frames.

For what I see I think Mobius should perform similar to SJ1000 if not better, that means colors and contrast are more sharp, and low light video are better

From RC usage maybe Boscam is a bit more optimized, I hate to charge an external battery once I have already 5v and 12v on my FPV bird ... mouting options with Mobius are way better then #18/#16 and maybe on pair of Boscam

Anyhow, the reference for video is GoPro .. or Sony As10 ...

Anyhow for 69$ ... there is no cheaper and better 1080p camera on the market ... Boscam cost 106$ , so almost double, and possibly does not bring any better quality unless it is a super sunny day

ps: YouTube is my reference for check video quality ... I have #11,#18,DV04 and SJ1000 on my channel there for comparison ... but you can check many other videos ... SJ1000 make very sharp video similar to GoPro, and better then HD19 , unless the day is super sunny ... the few Mobius video on YouTube are quite good quality for my point of view ...

pps: In two weeks time I can compare Mobius to my other comes ... eventually I can borrow a GoPro3 black as reference too ...
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Closed Thread