HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:09 PM
Committed heli addict...
Joined Jan 2010
675 Posts
Not to break the current conversation, but if any of you pilots out there have been having some vibration issues and having a hard time tracking them, take a look at the screw going through the head block. I started to get some vibrations that I couldnt trace and eventually came to notice that the head block wasnt entirely tight while inspecting the main shaft, this could cause some phase shifting and thus vibes.
phoenixheli is offline Find More Posts by phoenixheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:37 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,544 Posts
Just listed my new in box MCPX V2 in the Classified section under electric helis. $115 shipped. Gonna stick with my nano, I have too many helis!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:36 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
912 Posts
ok guys, ive got a brushless mcpx with a c05m motor and 9t pinion. With my current batteries it bogs down to much to fly 3d. I have a hp08 motor ( http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboace81...ra4g6-1-1.aspx ) with a a 11t pinion.
Would it be worth it to swap motors and try it, the 11t pinion is the smallest i have for the hp08

Thanks
Garrett
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:03 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
912 Posts
Miscounted, its a 12t pinion
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
545 Posts
anyone have a best practice for fixing canopy pins off the frame. I have broken ones on all of my micros and am tired of switching frames. I have tried hot glue and superglue but neither last through a crash. I have heard people say that they have tried different things but am having trouble tracking down the posts.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:53 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
anyone have a best practice for fixing canopy pins off the frame. I have broken ones on all of my micros and am tired of switching frames. I have tried hot glue and superglue but neither last through a crash. I have heard people say that they have tried different things but am having trouble tracking down the posts.
I haven't tried it yet but the best technique I've read so far is melting a hole through the frame and gluing a CF rod in place.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:01 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,539 Posts
Quote:
Hey I use CA glue and a dab of baking soda, or I just use a round wood tooth pick for the front pegs that you glue on the frame. Good luck and Best Regards.
segroegt is online now Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:28 PM
Joined Aug 2012
545 Posts
what do you use to melt through the frame? I had thought of doing that but don't know what I would use. I had also thought to drill through with a very small bit but didn't know if the plastic would hold up to it.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:03 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
what do you use to melt through the frame? I had thought of doing that but don't know what I would use. I had also thought to drill through with a very small bit but didn't know if the plastic would hold up to it.
A needle is probably the best thing to use, they are strong and available in different sizes so you can match up the size well. The stock body posts are just barely larger than 1.5mm diameter so that would be the size to use.

Something like this:
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/carbon_fi...24228_prd1.htm

Drilling is an option but I think a hot needle would be easier to get an accurate hole.
Last edited by bflan2001; Jan 06, 2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:48 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Quote:
I drilled SMALL holes with a tiny drill and pin vice and then stuck very small carbon rods. Its worked good for a while now.
But now I'm going to try this Tarot frame from oomodel. What do you guys think? have any of you tried this before? They have some cheap canopys and blades also.
http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-tl80000...y-p-64075.html
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:54 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I drilled SMALL holes with a tiny drill and pin vice and then stuck very small carbon rods. Its worked good for a while now.
But now I'm going to try this Tarot frame from oomodel. What do you guys think? have any of you tried this before? They have some cheap canopys and blades also.
Do you remember what size rod you used? Was it 1.5mm?
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:03 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I would pass on it, those skids will constantly break where the screws go through them. Go with the microheli frame, I've had mine for over year and I love it. No broken canopy pins anymore
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:47 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001 View Post
Do you remember what size rod you used? Was it 1.5mm?
No, it was more like .5mm
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:52 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
I would pass on it, those skids will constantly break where the screws go through them. Go with the microheli frame, I've had mine for over year and I love it. No broken canopy pins anymore
But I already ordered ithahaha. Isn't that the way you do it with helis? Order something and then see if its what you wanted.
But how do you like those blades and canopies? Got some of those coming also.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:06 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,093 Posts
Completely fried my tail fet It is beyond repair this time. It toasted so fast that it took the enamel off of the board and a bare trace can be seen. Grr
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz