HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2011, 09:22 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,347 Posts
Thanks, Bob. I'll see if I can track them down. I think they look so much nicer than my bent up wire stands.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some new engines some older
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2011, 09:48 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
Here's my new OS Max H 35. Note how it appears as if the shaft has two ball races, but removing the prop driver reveals just a bronze bush in there. I think these engines were based on a similar crankcase casting to the Max H 40 engines, and these latter were made in several different versions - the H 40 R/C, the H 40 Stunt, and the H 40 P (for pylon racing). At least one of these DID have a twin ball race shaft, but can't remember which one ! The quality of all these engines simply superb. BOB
Twin-Stack is offline Find More Posts by Twin-Stack
Old May 04, 2011, 10:11 PM
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Aug 2000
2,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Stack View Post
Martin, the September 1976 issue of Aeromodeller apparently has a bit of information on the Meteor - yours for 10 bucks, or maybe someone has that issue they could scan for us.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aero-MODELLER-Se...item23105d003c
Thanks, perhaps I'll get it, even tho' it's for the 40.

Martin
Martin Irvine is offline Find More Posts by Martin Irvine
Old May 05, 2011, 11:36 AM
San Bernardino California U.S.A.
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
I just found .....

..... this thread, its GREAT!

Although I dont have such rare & priceless gems as most of you have showm here, I have a few I think are worth seeing. I have to go through a prosses to post photos, but will post some soon.

Thanks, Twin Stack!, Laramie.
Laramie is offline Find More Posts by Laramie
Old May 05, 2011, 12:06 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,347 Posts
I can't wait to see 'em, Laramie. Please do post them soon.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2011, 03:32 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
O.K., Im going to try to post some old ones .....

..... old photos, that is, as I dont have real old engines, not like what Ive seen here .....

..... the only one I could get out of my files is of three Cox engines, the only one worth the picture is the .15 Olympic, soon to be in the front of a F.A.I. Viking (free flight) plane Im building.

The whole collector sigma thing is, I think, some of us collect, while othes fly.Im trying to dodge that bullit by flying what I collect ... Laramie.
Old May 05, 2011, 03:44 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
I apologize .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
I can't wait to see 'em, Laramie. Please do post them soon.
..... for the poor quality of the photo, I took that picture with a cell phone.

As soon as I can figger out how to download pics from the Cannon Digital Im using now into my PC, the quallity should improve!

I only have a few engines worthy of being shown here, although I do have a lot of old stuff. I dint drive a Mercedes, I ride a bicycle (a 50s vintage Mercier 10 Speed racing bike from France) Wanna see a picture of that? Its a little off topic, though .....

Laramie.
Old May 05, 2011, 03:54 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,347 Posts
I think bicycles are more than "a little off topic".

Say Danny,

I know it's an ignition engine but this one looks like something you might post here.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2011, 05:16 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,485 Posts
Once upon a time Fox Manufacturing, they make the best sport glow engines around, made and marketed a Bicycle engine conversion kit that let you motorize your bicycle. Unfortunately the D.O.T. got involved and regulated it out of existence on them. The DOT started requiring lights, brakes, and registration (titling, registration, etc). Fox's market virtually evaporated overnight.

earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My homemade Hexacopter build
Old May 05, 2011, 06:02 PM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
2,817 Posts
Well, I've posted this before, but here is the spectacular 18 cc Lohmann bicycle motor...compression ignition..!
It runs on oil-mixed kerosene (no ether!).
Compression is adjustable from the handlebars.
Early 1950's.

Gluehand is online now Find More Posts by Gluehand
Old May 05, 2011, 07:48 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
Say Danny,

I know it's an ignition engine but looks like something you might post here.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Wiz, click onto this - http://www.supercoolprops.com/articles.php
and scroll about halfway down to an article entitled "The Munday Engine."
Old May 05, 2011, 08:30 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Stack View Post
Mr. Wiz, click onto this - http://www.supercoolprops.com/articles.php
and scroll about halfway down to an article entitled "The Munday Engine."
That was a great read, Bob. Thanks for putting that little bit of model engine history down on paper... uh electrons for the rest of us to read and enjoy. That's quite a pretty engine Mr. Munday made. If I could manage it, I''d buy that one on Ebay myself. Maybe if had not bought all those others I could swing it but a collection of one really nice engine doesn't do it for me. I'll have to work my way up to the fancy ones like those, just like all the other collectors (other than the independently wealthy ones) do.

Thanks again!

Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2011, 08:34 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
Once upon a time Fox Manufacturing, they make the best sport glow engines around, made and marketed a Bicycle engine conversion kit that let you motorize your bicycle. Unfortunately the D.O.T. got involved and regulated it out of existence on them. The DOT started requiring lights, brakes, and registration (titling, registration, etc). Fox's market virtually evaporated overnight.

That's a grin, Earl. I guess bicycles aren't as far from being on topic as I thought.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2011, 03:22 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
Almost by accident (it was intended as a budget priced engine) Duke Fox produced one of his best motors back in the early 1960's - the "Blue Ribbon" 35 X. This engine had dual needle roller bearings on the shaft and came, not in a box, but in a "bubble pack." Here is the rarely seen printed instructions which came on the back of the pack. BOB

And may I remind everyone that, if you are seeing an indistinct enlargement of the images, do this - when the enlarged photo comes up, left click onto it. It then goes smaller - left click onto it again, and it comes up nice & clear.
Last edited by Twin-Stack; May 06, 2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old May 06, 2011, 04:22 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
Holland Hornet stuff -