HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:47 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Flew my RW&B one about an hour ago with Thunder Power Pro Power 45 a couple of flights.Seven minutes of 1/2 to full throttle mostly around 2/3 to 3/4 and mine strokes rights along there. Cells were at 3.7V ea. when I landed. That PP 45 weighs 4.8 oz. or about 1.5 ounces more than the 800-850 I normaly fly in it and in the 10 to 14 MPH wind I could not really tell any difference except fot the extra two minutes of flying time. Total of 6 more flights on it today.

Thanks again to you and the development crew for bring the Mini G to market. I am having a ball reliving part of my youth.

Charles
reliving? I'm not done with mine yet! You are very welcome. We enjoy flying what we sell
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 06:08 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,723 Posts
Enjoying the podcast, I say enjoying cause still not quite finished with it, I listened on way to work last two days will finish it in the am, Kinda neat hearing about how got started if I ever knew I had forgot about the plane being flown w/o a tail. I might have to build a bigger one but the lil one so small and lightweight fits almost anywhere

I like flat plate foam planes but having a real wing is nice too

Edit to add some pictures of my Mini Gremlin with a lil lettering put on it and also I was bored and came up with a Micro Gremlin, It glides okay, I do plan to make it RC by some of the Um extra electronics. Not sure if it will fly but it looks neat
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Last edited by epoweredrc; Feb 22, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:59 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
I posted the original Gremlin instructions with clickable pictures that expand to larger color picturess on the website last night. Took a little to get everything pointing at the right stuff. If you notice any problems/inconsistencies, let me know. I still have to put the electric firewall option into it
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:53 AM
Joined Oct 2004
5,723 Posts
For everyone's info a 1000mah Gen Ace battery will not fit in the stock fuse, sure it fit in EDF one piece one but only way to get it in the stock Mini Gremlin would be to fit it on the edge and not sure the CG would be right with it.

My Micro one did fly but not well got few things to try and then give it another try
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:56 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,557 Posts
First flight on my first Mini Gremlin
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=56

was on Jan. 29 now just over a month later in spite of the winds and rains it now has 45 flights on it with many different props. several different batteries and two different motors. One setup produced 76 MPH in level flight.

The second one maiden ed on Feb. 17 has only 15 flights on it but then it is not being used as a test bed.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=102

Sticking with my original setup on this one to date and level flight is 63 MPH.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Mar 01, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:44 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Charles,

I see you are in Georgia. Will you be heading to SEFF this year? Would love to get some pictures of you and Crash flying Minis if you go.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 05:53 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,557 Posts
Not likely, myself and son went in 2005 on Saturday , checked out the vendors, watched the noon demo flights ,hung around fot a few more hours and came home.

It has grown a lot since then and while a great event just not my thing. I do not enjoy driving , gas is high and traffic around Atlanta is allways a night mare.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:08 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Not likely, myself and son went in 2005 on Saturday , checked out the vendors, watched the noon demo flights ,hung around fot a few more hours and came home.

It has grown a lot since then and while a great event just not my thing. I do not enjoy driving , gas is high and traffic around Atlanta is allways a night mare.

Charles
ah, didn't know how "local" it was. It does look like a good event, I just can't justify the trip for time and gas reasons. I'll end up at our local version, the NEAT Fair in NY state
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,723 Posts
its about a 3 hour drive from us. Not really local. I would love to go but I am sure Will not get it.
You almost need a hotel or camper and need to hang there two days or more to see everyone and everything, lots of people I know go to SEFF every year.

I got 4 more flights on My Mini Gremlin this evening Finally broke my first prop, actually my gf broke it on landing but I'm proud she was able to fly it so well and land it. She said, wow this plane is easy to fly. she really enjoyed it now I got to build her one LOL
Old Mar 02, 2012, 08:11 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc View Post
its about a 3 hour drive from us. Not really local. I would love to go but I am sure Will not get it.
You almost need a hotel or camper and need to hang there two days or more to see everyone and everything, lots of people I know go to SEFF every year.

I got 4 more flights on My Mini Gremlin this evening Finally broke my first prop, actually my gf broke it on landing but I'm proud she was able to fly it so well and land it. She said, wow this plane is easy to fly. she really enjoyed it now I got to build her one LOL
I understand. NEAT is about 3.5 hours one way for me. Well worth it though. Can't wait to get back into outdoor mode again
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:19 PM
Kuntry Barbie
USA, GA, Rockmart
Joined Jan 2009
106 Posts
I flew my bf's gremlin today about 3 times and it is the EASIEST plane ever to fly.... It rolls and loops really good!!! I want my own one now
epoweredrcgirl09 is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrcgirl09
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:25 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrcgirl09 View Post
I flew my bf's gremlin today about 3 times and it is the EASIEST plane ever to fly.... It rolls and loops really good!!! I want my own one now
i have always said that the best sales tool is putting a transmitter in someone's hands. People look at it and expect it to be tough to fly but when balanced right, it flies like it's on rails
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:08 AM
Kuntry Barbie
USA, GA, Rockmart
Joined Jan 2009
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
i have always said that the best sales tool is putting a transmitter in someone's hands. People look at it and expect it to be tough to fly but when balanced right, it flies like it's on rails
Yea true. A lot of things look hard to fly but really ain't.

When I first got introduced to RC 3 years ago I wasn't into it till the first time EP let me fly and then I fell inlove with it. It was love at first flight..
epoweredrcgirl09 is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrcgirl09
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:21 PM
USA, IL, Oak Lawn
Joined Apr 2007
1,424 Posts
if anyone is flying a full size electric gremlin can you show how you did the motor mount?
Thrawn150 is online now Find More Posts by Thrawn150
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ElectriStar and me
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:33 PM
United States, MA, Oxford
Joined Sep 2009
229 Posts
I used the mount that came with the electric kit two pieces of 1/4 plywood doubled up.
This fits right into the fuse. Try and get it as far out to the end as you can I had to move my fuse so it is over hanging the leading edge by 6" and add a ounce of wgt. to get it to balance. I have a turnigy 3542 1000KV with a 3c 3300 mah battery 12x6 prop.
jt182 is offline Find More Posts by jt182