New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2015, 09:30 PM
Find More Posts by rhokita
gardena, ca
Joined Feb 2003
489 Posts
Checkout post 2573 for an R2D2 version for a 'somewhat' similar version. Your landing gear maybe too close together for a reliable flat stable landing. My high school students built the R2D2 version and found out that they had to extend the feet alittle for a reliable upright landing, otherwise they are happy with it. Currently the R2D2 quad in undergoing cosmetic improvements.
rhokita is offline Find More Posts by rhokita
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2015, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by homeslice976
Joined Feb 2014
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhokita View Post
Checkout post 2573 for an R2D2 version for a 'somewhat' similar version. Your landing gear maybe too close together for a reliable flat stable landing. My high school students built the R2D2 version and found out that they had to extend the feet alittle for a reliable upright landing, otherwise they are happy with it. Currently the R2D2 quad in undergoing cosmetic improvements.
This is awesome.

I never ended up putting mine in the air cause it was so heavy..I ended up going an entirely different route. I would love to see your students' work and changes to the design.
homeslice976 is online now Find More Posts by homeslice976
Last edited by homeslice976; Apr 02, 2015 at 10:46 PM.
Old Apr 03, 2015, 12:26 AM
Find More Posts by rhokita
gardena, ca
Joined Feb 2003
489 Posts
Hello 976! Well here's an 'in-process' picture of the R2D2 built by a Compton High School (an L.A. 'inner' city school!) freshman. The quad was considerably lighten by using thin wall PVC. Although not shown (they are on spring break and the school is closed), the landing feet have been extended a little by adding couplers on the ends to increase length for better landing stability. It has been flown a couple of times using a very simple HK386 FC. We will upgrade to a KK FC in the near future. The student will be working on cosmetic improvements to more resemble a 'Darth Vader' R2D2 by adding a body components made of foam boards. This will take some time and coaching since he's working on several projects and learning along the way. I'll post more pictures as he makes significant progress.
rhokita is offline Find More Posts by rhokita
Old Apr 16, 2015, 05:42 PM
Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Dec 2014
182 Posts
I've got the basic frame of my first PVC build together today. Took me a long time to figure out how to do the tail yaw mechanism. I'm hoping it works ok.

Cereal_Killer is online now Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer