New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Joined Dec 2011
3,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by satgod View Post
there are others out there selling the vbar cases
They are all out of stock save for one place in Australia that would cost $25 in shipping.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:39 PM
Find More Posts by mhills51
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
13,624 Posts
Here is the one I got for $4
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
Old Apr 19, 2015, 09:27 AM
Find More Posts by tinklerc
Joined Apr 2015
1 Posts
Fake Blue KBAR's

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to warn you all that there seem to be "fake" Blue KBAR's being sold by some vendors at the moment. I bought this one from a vendor on AliExpress. Fortunately, they've agreed to take it back.

I received the following, and upon inspecting the circuit board, I could immediately see something was not right. It didn't look like a blue to me. It had the button for changing orientation - just like the yellow units. I tested it, and sure enough the governor did not work. The status light also didn't work, which makes me suspect that this might be a circuit board from a Black KBAR.

It seems the Blue KBAR's are in short supply at the moment (many vendors do not have them, and cannot get them). I'm not sure if this is because they have stopped making them, or if they're just waiting for another production run. However, it seems some sneaky vendors are putting Yellow/Black KBAR's into Blue cases to meet demand.

Be Warned. If your going to buy a Blue, you might want to get the vendor to provide some kind of proof that it is a genuine unit. If they take a photo of the bottom of the unit, it should be immediately clear whether the main CPU is mounted on an angle or not (which it should be), and if the chips are covered (which they shouldn't be).
tinklerc is offline Find More Posts by tinklerc
Old Apr 19, 2015, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by jessdigs
Jessthegreat
United States, CA, Concord
Joined May 2013
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinklerc View Post
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to warn you all that there seem to be "fake" Blue KBAR's being sold by some vendors at the moment. I bought this one from a vendor on AliExpress. Fortunately, they've agreed to take it back.

I received the following, and upon inspecting the circuit board, I could immediately see something was not right. It didn't look like a blue to me. It had the button for changing orientation - just like the yellow units. I tested it, and sure enough the governor did not work. The status light also didn't work, which makes me suspect that this might be a circuit board from a Black KBAR.

It seems the Blue KBAR's are in short supply at the moment (many vendors do not have them, and cannot get them). I'm not sure if this is because they have stopped making them, or if they're just waiting for another production run. However, it seems some sneaky vendors are putting Yellow/Black KBAR's into Blue cases to meet demand.

Be Warned. If your going to buy a Blue, you might want to get the vendor to provide some kind of proof that it is a genuine unit. If they take a photo of the bottom of the unit, it should be immediately clear whether the main CPU is mounted on an angle or not (which it should be), and if the chips are covered (which they shouldn't be).
Well that is Chinese commerce at its finest.
jessdigs is online now Find More Posts by jessdigs
Old Apr 19, 2015, 09:50 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
13,624 Posts
The case is not right as well. It should have a large K above the usb.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by pmackenzie
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,740 Posts
Seems odd to be upset about fake fakes

The colour of the case is only a clue as to what features are supported, not a guarantee.
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:12 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
13,624 Posts
All the Vbars are made in China as is most of the helicopters. The only thing in Germany is the warehouses. I still think The Vbar, Gaui, and GV8000 come off the same line. GV Gaui Vbar! Next was the Koala! brave enough to put there name on it. All the others are clones of those.
Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
13,624 Posts
Blue K bar! Keith is the pilot.

Cold, Windy, and Rainy - Gaui X3 Smooth 3D in a Parking Lot (3 min 36 sec)
Old Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by garryk
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,816 Posts
Wow,, that blue kbar is horrible. That heli was all over the place. I can't believe he didn't crash it!!! My yellow one don't do that or my V-Bar.
Of course it could be that he likes it that way too. 8)
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
13,624 Posts
LOL! that is the same guy that took my Leap all over the place.

I fly the Align Leap 3D Quad (3 min 48 sec)
Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
13,624 Posts
Now it sits lol! He didn't crash it, but one of our best 3D guys did!
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM
Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Joined Dec 2011
3,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
All the Vbars are made in China as is most of the helicopters. The only thing in Germany is the warehouses. I still think The Vbar, Gaui, and GV8000 come off the same line. GV Gaui Vbar! Next was the Koala! brave enough to put there name on it. All the others are clones of those.
I don't think so because they are slightly different.

I've been chasing a slow (like 360 degrees in 5 minutes or thereabouts)tail drift, when I switched from the Blue to the GV8000 it was still there to a lesser extent. Finally solved it by switching from the grey 3M tape to the 3M 4010 (the transparent gel tape with the red backing). The log showed no vibe warning at all so all I can figure is that a low freq vibe was sneaking past the software and it wasn't recognizing it as vibration but thought it was movement instead.

Overall the tail on the GV8000 is better than on the blue Kbar. The blue is good, but the GV8000 is better.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Yesterday at 08:26 PM.