HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2014, 04:19 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2012
331 Posts
Regarding the problem with nacelle servo travel:
The best way to fix that problem is to make the servo neutral at 45deg (i.e in slow forward flight mode) instead of 0deg (fast forward flight mode). The reason is, you dont need travel in the downward direction of the nacelle, so making the servo neutral at FFF position is pointless. That way, you will have tons of travel either side of SFF position.

In other words:
1. Detatch nacelle from servo
2. Set up servo to be in neutral position in SFF mode
3. Adjust other flight modes to have correct servo travel
4. Re-attach servo to nacelle
jolyboy is offline Find More Posts by jolyboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2014, 05:10 PM
3D Heli Pilot
Joined Feb 2009
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolyboy View Post
Regarding the problem with nacelle servo travel:
The best way to fix that problem is to make the servo neutral at 45deg (i.e in slow forward flight mode) instead of 0deg (fast forward flight mode). The reason is, you dont need travel in the downward direction of the nacelle, so making the servo neutral at FFF position is pointless. That way, you will have tons of travel either side of SFF position.

In other words:
1. Detatch nacelle from servo
2. Set up servo to be in neutral position in SFF mode
3. Adjust other flight modes to have correct servo travel
4. Re-attach servo to nacelle
Thanks for the advice, however, it is already setup the way you have described. The neutral is set for SFF, but it still doesn't have complete travel. I've increased the travel to 125% on my tx and the kk2 board, but the servo doesn't seem to follow. Very odd, but it not really a problem for now.
tom stanton is offline Find More Posts by tom stanton
Old Feb 02, 2014, 09:38 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2012
331 Posts
Ah, good call.

I had the exact same issue you describe, wasn't getting enough travel no matter what I set up in mixes, radio etc. The solution is to modify the servo limits in the OpenAero software (if you have not tried that already). From what I recall, its a totally different section from the mixing section (or possibly right down the bottom of the mixing section) which is why I found it so difficult to achieve the right amount of servo travel also.

EDIT: After thinking a bit more, I think it's down the bottom of the openaero menu, called "positive servo travel" and "negative servo travel"
jolyboy is offline Find More Posts by jolyboy
Last edited by jolyboy; Feb 03, 2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 04:00 AM
Joined May 2013
4 Posts
Hello, Tom! Glad to see you doing Osprey V22. Which mode you are using?BICOPTER? Please explain in detail under your flight control wiring.(m1 m2 m3 m4 m5 m6 m7 ) Thank you very much!
Wanghu is offline Find More Posts by Wanghu
Old Feb 20, 2014, 04:37 AM
3D Heli Pilot
Joined Feb 2009
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanghu View Post
Hello, Tom! Glad to see you doing Osprey V22. Which mode you are using?BICOPTER? Please explain in detail under your flight control wiring.(m1 m2 m3 m4 m5 m6 m7 ) Thank you very much!
I'm actually using Openaero VTOL firmware which allows me to setup my own mode. In a hover, it is pretty much set-up as a bicopter, but this changes as it transitions to FF. In the specifications video, I go over which output is which, but I'll explain in anyway.

M1 - Left motor (looking from the back)
M2 - Right motor
M3 - Left servo for hover control
M4 - Right servo for hover control
M5 - Left Tilt servo
M6 - Right Tilt servo
M7 - Rear elevator

Hope this makes sense
tom stanton is offline Find More Posts by tom stanton
Old Feb 20, 2014, 09:13 AM
Joined May 2013
4 Posts
I am very pleased to receive your reply. On the hardware side, I have all the materials you mentioned in the video. using Openaero VTOL firmware (kk2.0 board). Can you share with this firmware yet? I want to see you on kk2.0 board debugging in the last video. Thank you very much! This is my email: wh377641776@gmail.com
Wanghu is offline Find More Posts by Wanghu
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:42 AM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Dec 2006
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanghu View Post
I am very pleased to receive your reply. On the hardware side, I have all the materials you mentioned in the video. using Openaero VTOL firmware (kk2.0 board). Can you share with this firmware yet? I want to see you on kk2.0 board debugging in the last video. Thank you very much!
I will send you the firmware and the user manual information when I get home this evening. It is still in beta test phase, so there may be bugs, but it has been successfully flying for some time now, so hopefully the worst of the bugs are fixed.

The creator of this firmware is HappySundays and the thread relating to it is available here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1972686
Ran D. St. Clair is offline Find More Posts by Ran D. St. Clair
Old Feb 20, 2014, 01:01 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2010
751 Posts
subscribed
jdlilfan is offline Find More Posts by jdlilfan
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:17 PM
Once you taste flight...
United States, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Dec 2011
2,660 Posts
Nice been wanting to do something like this. Found you on Testflite first, then to youtube, then to here lol.
skydvejam is online now Find More Posts by skydvejam