HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2013, 10:39 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,590 Posts
Alert
Maxwell Sch. in Tucson

I've heard from Mauro who heard from Dani Tom that the field has been locked up as of today. That's just great. I don't know how a school system like TUSD can afford to piss some more people off. I'm suprised they can even afford to lock it up much less put in more fencing.
prodjx is offline Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2013, 12:49 AM
Keep slop'n!
Anchorage/Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
64 Posts
Not very good news, at that! We need to explore for an alternative site. I noticed articles this last spring in the paper about Maxwell being on the budgetary chopping block. How was permission obtained for access to Maxwell? Can we get authorization for other school rec yards? Keep your airspeed up, Dirk
AKSLOPE180 is offline Find More Posts by AKSLOPE180
Old Aug 04, 2013, 01:25 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,590 Posts
Paul found out that the door's are open again as he drove by this after noon I'm going there tomorrow and hoping that's truely the case. I've found another school that has 2 field's. One I paced off 200 paces. And I flew my 2m with a high start it has a real parking area pretty close to where you can fly. The other field is one track oval going around a football field and has 2 adjoining it. I fly there every night after dinner with my DLG mostly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2013, 02:58 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,590 Posts
Ok we did fly today at Maxwell Sch. I just wonder what's going on though.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:13 PM
Dan Smithson
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Jul 2009
103 Posts
Absent?

Went by Maxwell on Saturday the 10th of Aug, but did not see anyone...Are you guys flying somewhere else?
microlion is offline Find More Posts by microlion
Old Aug 13, 2013, 01:22 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,590 Posts
Flew at Maxwell on Sunday as it was open. Flew on Saturday at Tanque Verdi Elem. School. And I've also been flying after dinner at LaCima Sch. 2 very nice field's and I have them all to myself.
RCG Plus Member