HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:01 AM
United States, NC, Wallburg
Joined Dec 2011
89 Posts
Build Log
Project Alpha-UAV

Ok so this is my first attempt at drawing up a Spyder Quad. I wanted something versatile and modular enough to make it easy to fix when I inevitably auger in. Also from working with some other designs in previous copters I felt like it was prudent to make access to the electronics onboard fairly simple. I designed plates that will cover and hopefully protect the gear carried in the belly of this beast. It should workout to around a 500 class spyder if the measurements correct. This is still a work in progress and lines may change as I sit and look at this thing some more contemplating exactly where each piece of gear will be placed on the airframe. I am planning to use 5/8in Aluminum arms since that thickness seems to be substantially sturdy yet still light weight. Any ideas or thoughts as this progresses would be greatly appreciated.
HeliCopCR1 is offline Find More Posts by HeliCopCR1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:41 PM
United States, NC, Wallburg
Joined Dec 2011
89 Posts
v2

OK so a little more work on the airframe I have tried to make sure that my MWC Pro v2 will fit inside. The hatches will have stand offs to provide a little more height, yet still provide protection. The small hatch will cover a Spektrum receiver while the larger will protect the MWC. I will try to run the file through solid works tomorrow and calculate the actual weight of the panels. It looks like I have the airframe down to 350mm Rotor to Rotor. The arm mounts are spaced for 5/8 square aluminum tube arms.
HeliCopCR1 is offline Find More Posts by HeliCopCR1