HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:40 PM
checkout my Blog
Joined Feb 2008
459 Posts
Hey Chris,

I would see if you can cut out the foam first. See if there is enough material for the four prop cutouts and the cutout ffor the flight controller. Is there enough structural integrity left to the foam? If happy with the result then maybe think of modifiying the frame.

Considering it is your first quad perhaps you could hold off on mods until you see how it goes?

Have fun,
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris72 View Post
I got my X230 today and ordered some of the props from above.

I am thinking of cutting out some of the frame and making it more like the annoying ufo.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1666155
otlski is offline Find More Posts by otlski
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:40 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by otlski View Post
Yes, no drilling was required.

Dan
Got to order some Gray 5030's I got porked on shipping where I bought the last batch. They don't take much of a hit compared to V929 (5030 blades) Landing skids really helped mine hasn't tipped over since and it lands awesome . Got mine tuned in there and have not gone crazy trying to do flips yet. It is impressive when all four brushless motors come to life, Especially in the living room. Usually I fly the little quads in the house, but couldn't resist trying it out the other day. It stirs up a lot of air and is a handful in the house. I really like the KK2 board with back-lit display.
My next project is to figure out a lightweight canopy to simi protect the board and RX from light rain and snow.

Ray
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:44 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
28 Posts
I have the quadcopter built, but now I need to set it up on my DX8. Do I do it as a Helicopter or an airplane? I am using a KK2 board.
Chris72 is offline Find More Posts by Chris72
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:12 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris72 View Post
I have the quadcopter built, but now I need to set it up on my DX8. Do I do it as a Helicopter or an airplane? I am using a KK2 board.
I did mine as a heli, Be aware that even with stick set at 20% on kk2 board you want expo's set pretty low on tx until you get the feel of it. It's a lot different than v929 but I set mine up same as 929 with my TX9 than turned gain to 0 on kk2 board. wrecked mine twice getting settings down.AND i know how to fly. Be aware board fails when you run battery to low without warning. I was doing a hard bank and it was just like i hit throttle hold and down it came. Those little buzzers are nice but when your out 50 yards you don't hear it. I ordered 2 more spare frames should be here this week I hope. My advice: Go slow till you get it adjusted right. The level flight mode is a joke I don't even use it.

Ray
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4