HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Jun 2009
33 Posts
Discussion
ODOM Help

I recently acquired a used ODOM 1 Meter sailboat. I am a relative newbie to RC sailboats and can not seem to find any information or assistance in my search for spare parts and/or answers to my questions. There is a ODOM owners website, but they will not respond to my emails. I have tried time after time to join that group to no avail. The existing ODOM sites that I have found on the internet are no longer in business and my frustration level is rising. Are there any ODOM owners out there who are willing to answer a few questions to help out a new guy?
Rider/Writer is offline Find More Posts by Rider/Writer
Last edited by Rider/Writer; Apr 12, 2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: typos
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:48 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Oct 2010
154 Posts
http://www.modelyachting.com/ is the website for the manufacturer of the kits. http://odomusa.ning.com/ is a source of good information. The class secretary can be contacted through this website also. What parts do you need and what questions do you have?

Rich
rsgault is offline Find More Posts by rsgault
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:28 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2007
3,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider/writer View Post
I recently acquired a used odom 1 meter sailboat. I am a relative newbie to rc sailboats and can not seem to find any information or assistance in my search for spare parts and/or answers to my questions. There is a odom owners website, but they will not respond to my emails. I have tried time after time to join that group to no avail. The existing odom sites that i have found on the internet are no longer in business and my frustration level is rising. The people at the hansen dam irregular site are no help at all. They are a bunch of clowns who only want to make lame jokes deriding "sheet boats." are there any odom owners out there who are willing to answer a few questions to help out a new guy?
xxx
gpzy is offline Find More Posts by gpzy
Last edited by gpzy; Apr 15, 2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:32 PM
Joined Jun 2009
33 Posts
Hi Rich,
Thank you for responding. The modelyachting site does not respond to any attempt to use the "store" to make a purchase of spare parts.Parts are listed but when I try to place an order it wont work. I think it is no longer in business. The odomusa site is the one I have been trying to join, but they simply ignore my attempts and do not respond to my emails. I need a topping lift for the Jib and replacement "stick on" hatch covers for the rudder access hatch. Also, the boat came with old75 mhz radios and servos. I would like to replace the radios with 2.4 ghz Trx & rcv, but can I still use the non digital servos? The hull of the boat is scratched and worn in a few places and I would like to wet sand and refinish the old jelcoat finish. Is there anything I should know before attempting to refinins a fiberglass hull? Thank you again for your response.
Bob Pi.
Rider/Writer is offline Find More Posts by Rider/Writer
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:29 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Oct 2010
154 Posts
PM sent
rsgault is offline Find More Posts by rsgault
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:24 AM
some what irregular
Diamond Bar, California
Joined Feb 2004
1,026 Posts
Rider/writer, showing up at Hansen dam with your sheet boat will NOT be an issue. every time i went out there were FE, scale and sheet boats, many times all owned and driven/sailed by the same skipper. It has been a while since I was out BUT when I was a footy class was breaking out. If you can come out on a non Thursday week day give a shout on either the violators or irregulars threads and we can get some others to join us? I need some prep time to insure my Greyhound is set for the day but I am itching to get back to the lake. Remember some days a sheet boat won't be worth a bucket of warm spit {no wind} other days the FEs may find themselves bouncing all over {too much wind}

If you can possibly make it out on the THURSDAY that KMOT returns you will NOT be disappointed you will have a good time!
dostacos is offline Find More Posts by dostacos
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:55 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2007
3,105 Posts
zzz
gpzy is offline Find More Posts by gpzy
Last edited by gpzy; Apr 15, 2012 at 07:49 AM.