HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:01 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
Iv already need new Tx batteries and wondering why the V911 Tx pulls more power than my eflight Tx. I'm guessing its the display and red lights..

Has anyone clipped the power to these red lights without any adverse effects?
Some of us have disabled the V-shaped red LEDs by cutting its wires. The TX works fine after that. You may want to tape up the buzzer / beeper too, if you find the start up beep sequence annoying. Some Chinese folks managed to reduce the battery usage to 4 x AA, by disabling the USB charging output. I've translated the instructions in this thread, but it was some time back.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:17 AM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Woo Hoo 1000 pages! Congrats to jameschen072 and all who have contributed to the success of this thread.

PS: please read the first 999 pages before you ask any questions.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Dec 2012
47 Posts
1000 pages and counting .. I knew I bought the right heli judging from this thread pages alone ..
redtags is offline Find More Posts by redtags
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:38 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Some of us have disabled the V-shaped red LEDs by cutting its wires. The TX works fine after that. You may want to tape up the buzzer / beeper too, if you find the start up beep sequence annoying. Some Chinese folks managed to reduce the battery usage to 4 x AA, by disabling the USB charging output. I've translated the instructions in this thread, but it was some time back.
Haven't gotten around to cut the led wires yet, but the buzzer I've disabled the first day, it's so annoying and I don't need to advertised to the whole neighborhood I'm about to fly.

Tx battery drainage is no issue, one set probably last me up to 6 months, on daily usage.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:48 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtags View Post
My tail motor just gave up this morning after about 20 days, 6x daily average. Now it must be pushed to rotate. That is motor problem right ?

Is it normal for tail motor to fail after about 120 x 5 mnts, roughly 10 hours service ? I did stop for 5-10 mnts between each session. But I feel tail motor heat up higher than normal lately.
It's not a matter of normal. Since there are so many variables. i.e. continuous run time, crash damage, variability in the manufacturing of these small coreless motor. Hard to say what is the standard expectation of these motors.

They simply go when they go. It's fairly inexpensive to replace. Now, on the Blade mSRX and Nano CPX. People are having their main motor die very early death. And those are about $12 to replace.

Remember, the tail motors of these heli are Counter Clockwise spinning if you want to final an optimal replacement.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:17 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Tx battery drainage is no issue, one set probably last me up to 6 months, on daily usage.
That's good to know! I wonder what the symtoms of a dying stock V911 Tx would be? Will my V911 just all of a sudden fall out of the sky or are the symtoms gradual? My other brand Tx's all have indicater lights or LCD low battery displays.
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:22 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
That's good to know! I wonder what the symtoms of a dying stock V911 Tx would be? Will my V911 just all of a sudden fall out of the sky or are the symtoms gradual? My other brand Tx's all have indicater lights or LCD low battery displays.
The tx I have at the office has been showing zero bars on the lcd (for the battery level indicator) for weeks now, I'm still using it with no problems; of course within the confines of a small office I don't have to worry about losing an aircraft. I wouldn't try that outdoors.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:44 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
44 Posts
I just got my first v911, I also own a FlySky 9X with er9x on it. Is there a how-to for dummies like me (first heli) on how to configure the v911 to fly using a 9X tx? I figured out how to bind the little fellow but all I get is either full throttle or zero throttle and it acts like I only have cyclic action moving the right stick down or left, moving it up or to the right I have nothing?

Thanks!
LarryCnAZ is offline Find More Posts by LarryCnAZ
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:06 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
no symptoms.. But the Tx beeps a different tune and turns off like now. I happened to be flying over my head and it fell in my lap so yes it will fall out of the sky. I left my Tx on over night and that happened the next day.

Time to clip some wires and tape up the beeper.. I couldn't split the Tx case because the stubby antenna didn't want to come off after removing the screw though.. pull harder?
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:19 PM
CP Newbie & Warbird Nut
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryCnAZ View Post
I just got my first v911, I also own a FlySky 9X with er9x on it. Is there a how-to for dummies like me (first heli) on how to configure the v911 to fly using a 9X tx? I figured out how to bind the little fellow but all I get is either full throttle or zero throttle and it acts like I only have cyclic action moving the right stick down or left, moving it up or to the right I have nothing?

Thanks!
You can download the eepe file here
jlk69 is online now Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:19 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,069 Posts
Quote:
no symptoms.. But the Tx beeps a different tune and turns off like now. I happened to be flying over my head and it fell in my lap so yes it will fall out of the sky. I left my Tx on over night and that happened the next day.

Time to clip some wires and tape up the beeper.. I couldn't split the Tx case because the stubby antenna didn't want to come off after removing the screw though.. pull harder?
Yes, pull harder, there is significant friction; don't bother to reinstall the screw afterwards.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:27 PM
RC-flyer
Heist op den Berg / Belgium
Joined Mar 2006
4 Posts
Here in Europe, you can chose between mode 1 or mode 2 when you order it.
The problem is that many rc pilots in Belgium and the surrounding countrys fly mode1 with the throttle reversed. Maybe there is a possiblitie to invers the throttle on the TX but it is not mentioned in the manual.
jefverstraeten is offline Find More Posts by jefverstraeten
Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:10 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefverstraeten View Post
Here in Europe, you can chose between mode 1 or mode 2 when you order it.
The problem is that many rc pilots in Belgium and the surrounding countrys fly mode1 with the throttle reversed. Maybe there is a possiblitie to invers the throttle on the TX but it is not mentioned in the manual.
I doubt it, no reason for the designers to program that bit in, since it seems what you're after is not a common confguration.

You could try taking the stock tx apart and see if there's way to physically invert the stick.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:31 PM
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm very new to this hobby and looking forward to a great adventure! I just ordered my V911 last night and anxiously waiting for it. This will be my first RC helicopter or any RC ever. Don't worry I am a fast learner and I have you people to ask for any tips, suggestions and advice. What a way to start I'm posting on page 1000 of 1000!

Bat
Bat97 is offline Find More Posts by Bat97
Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:51 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
...Time to clip some wires and tape up the beeper...
I think that the speaker is annoying in tone and loudness. It can be easily and completely disabled by cutting one of the pcb circuit traces adjacent to the speaker solder terminals.
Name: TX Speaker.gif
Views: 81
Size: 272.7 KB
Description: v991 TX speaker location.

--------------------------
PS: I did end up mod'ing my TX audio. A 180 Ohm resistor placed in series with the speaker by soldering accross the PCB trace cut serioudly tamed my TX, but as I always fly in quiet locations I opted for more taming with a 100 Ohm resistor.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Last edited by 2_Crash_Thumbs; Dec 24, 2012 at 08:23 PM.