HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2010, 06:52 AM
Grayslake, Illinois, United States
Joined Mar 2001
352 Posts
Does anyone know if the wireless Spektrum interface and two-player interface for V1 works with V2?
lenrev is offline Find More Posts by lenrev
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2010, 09:27 PM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenrev View Post
Does anyone know if the wireless Spektrum interface and two-player interface for V1 works with V2?
Yes, they will work with the new version.
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Old Dec 27, 2010, 09:33 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
497 Posts
FS One 2.0.1 (r516) update

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceco View Post
Hi Folks,
Got my FSO-V2 yesterday and loaded it right up and tried it out. It's cool. I like all the "canned" scaled models. The full scale one's are very interesting to fly. The engine/motor sound tracking is fixed (I never turned it on in the original version because it never tracked the throttle input) and I like the option to choose the sound independent of what model is being flown. The models fly better than ever too. I sure wish I had a real model that flies as well as the 27% Edge 540.

Unfortunately the bugs have not been fixed. I can't get any of the Tracon gliders to fly with modified Tx's without crashing the program, and now I can't get them to fly even with the "stock" Tx's without a program crash. I suppose I'll have to reload the program.... unless someone has any idea's on how to fix the problem.

Thanks, diceco
We've posted an update the fixes this. After you install the update, delete any copied Tx's you made before and make new copies.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:24 PM
FS One
Joined Sep 2005
497 Posts
Hitec Aurora Transmitters (Adapter Cord)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhouin View Post
Michael,

You are correct. The Aurora does use a different cable. I am curious if either another cable that you already have will work or if one of the current ones with any of the cables from Hitec in combination will work.

http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/acc...nterfaces.html
Ok, we've tested the sim w/ the Hitec Aurora Tx. It uses the same cable as the DX6i. We will update the FS One website to show this.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 03:33 PM
TDI Abuser
Joined Sep 2002
4,125 Posts
Thanks for the Superb support you provided me with over the HOLIDAY weekend Michael !
Michael Hughes
flyinghigh is offline Find More Posts by flyinghigh
Old Dec 28, 2010, 04:50 PM
United States, WI, Kenosha
Joined Aug 2004
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSelig View Post
Ok, we've tested the sim w/ the Hitec Aurora Tx. It uses the same cable as the DX6i. We will update the FS One website to show this.
Thanks for the update. I appreciate it.
bhouin is offline Find More Posts by bhouin
Old Jan 02, 2011, 11:03 AM
Joined May 2008
263 Posts
Received FS One v2 just before new years and just now had chance to install and fly with it.

Installation was a breeze from the single DVD. Applying the update patch was easy.

Started out with 3D'ing the Brio (one of my favs in fsone). Everything feels perfect. In the long run, looking forward to a steadily growing variety of new planes in fsone

Thanks Michael!
Aerosapien is offline Find More Posts by Aerosapien
Old Jan 03, 2011, 12:49 PM
Joined Mar 2001
352 Posts
Looking forward to a comparison between new FSOne and Phoenix 3.0, especially with heli realism.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 01:14 PM
Joined May 2008
263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenrev View Post
Looking forward to a comparison between new FSOne and Phoenix 3.0, especially with heli realism.
Heli's have not been an area of focus in fsone. Fsone has been an airplane centric sim and it really excels in fix wing physics. From what I can tell, and unless Michael Selig indicates otherwise, it looks like fsone will continue to be focused on very accurate fixed wing simulation.
Aerosapien is offline Find More Posts by Aerosapien
Last edited by Aerosapien; Jan 03, 2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2011, 03:14 PM
TDI Abuser
Joined Sep 2002
4,125 Posts
I have both of the sims and like them both . I like that I can go online with Phoenix but there fixed wing selection again is "well I guess this plane will do"
I still don't see why you guys like the 27% Edge it is very lacking in side area making rollers a chore .Planes now days are drastically more well balanced and thought out .

Brio and Showtime are my go to planes now .
flyinghigh is offline Find More Posts by flyinghigh
Old Jan 04, 2011, 03:04 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Any plans of a demo version?
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Jan 04, 2011, 05:33 PM
United States, CO, Littleton
Joined Oct 2007
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzom View Post
Any plans of a demo version?
That would probably be difficult because the new version uses a new improved USB adapter. Check out some of the videos on the web site.

www.fsone.com
FrankFuss is offline Find More Posts by FrankFuss
Old Jan 05, 2011, 12:07 PM
Joined Mar 2001
352 Posts
If I own both FSOne V1 and Phoenix can I claim both rebates?
Old Jan 08, 2011, 09:08 AM
United States, ME, Stonington
Joined Aug 2005
103 Posts
FSOne Raw Input?

I'm tying to develop a helicopter setup for the T-Rex 450. I'd like to use FSOne to do this and get a leg up on the setup for the real model. I need the interface to FSOne to accept raw input from my Tx and do NO mixing, flight modes, dual rates, expos, travel volumes, endpoints etc. etc. in it's software. I want to program all that information in my Tx and have FSOne just fly the heli with what the output of my Tx is commanding.

I've attempted to do this by customizing a Tx and eliminating all the "soft" mixes, flight modes, etc. but have not been entirely successful.

Does anyone know how I might accomplish this?

Thanks, diceco
diceco is offline Find More Posts by diceco
Old Jan 08, 2011, 12:13 PM
United States, CO, Littleton
Joined Oct 2007
74 Posts
diceco,

In some of the old FS One threads on this and other forums, you can find discussions about setting up helicopters. You might need to do some tweaking to get helicopters to fly as expected. The flight physics for fixed wing aircraft is excellent in FS One v2, and needs no tweaking. I don't know the status of the development of the helicopter modeling.

About using your Tx mixing instead of the soft mixing, I don't know about helicopters, but for fixed wing aircraft it is easy. You make a copy of the appropriate FS One Tx and edit it so that the throws are all 100% and there is no expo on any control and on any Flight Mode. Then you just setup one of the models on your Tx just like you would do for a real model. Also, I create a copy of the aircraft and edit it so that the maximum control surface throws (at 100% on the Tx) are as I like.

Frank
FrankFuss is offline Find More Posts by FrankFuss