HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:06 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
I did get the F MODE switch programmed ok with aileron, rudder and aileron triple rates but I can't get the AUX switch to appear in the programming "SW" box at the bottom of the screen, in case I want to switch my triple rates to the AUX switch?
The menus do not make all switches are available for all functions. It's possible that the switch you want is not available in that function.

Quote:
When assigning D/R's to the F MODE switch do the EXPO values get transferred too?
Yes. D/R and Expo go together.

Quote:
Do most airplane pilots here retain their individual D/R switches or combine them on the F MODE switch?
Depends on the airplane.

For initial flights on an unknown plane (ones I design) I will usually set up them separately, with a good degree of difference for the three settings. I will work one axis at a time, to get it to handle like I want for "normal" flying. When I land I'll put all those settings in one group of positions (ie, all switches in Pos 1).

Then I'll make more and less aggressive ones for each axis, see how I like them, and tweak.

When I'm done, I'll usually have 3 sets of flight modes, maybe a fourth (gear down), that handle the way I want to fly everything, and they'll be on switch B (FMode on the DX8).

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Oct 2012
29 Posts
Hello,
I have exchanged a AR9000 (DSM2) receiver against an AR9010 each with 2 satellites in a F3B model. All servos are connected to the same ports.
1. After turning on the DX10t (Aireware 1.04C) the flaps reacted in the opposite direction until it stops mechanical!
2. The ailerons functioned properly, but the size of the movement up and down are opposite!
When I returned the receiver swap, everything is ok again.
Why is that? Have the receiver an error?
emodell is offline Find More Posts by emodell
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:01 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
240 Posts
can someone tell me how to solve gov signal interference cuase by engine me and my friend do some test on my heli using radio DX8 and remote reciever aling gov
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:30 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,354 Posts
I cannot tell from you O'scope traces... but interference comes in two varieties... that that is RF induced, and that which gets into the voltage. Possible solutions are a ferrite core on the cable.. and isolation of the component by enclosing in aluminum foil... but these are just guesses as I don't have enough information as to your problem, or the devices other than DX8 radio (terminology problem here. DX8 is a transmitter...)

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:51 AM
Joined Oct 2012
29 Posts
I want to put 2 SPM9645 DSMX satellites on a 4 pin connector. (2 satellites in a wing). What colors are "plus" and "minus"? What color is the data line? Can I contact them together with a second satellite? Which cable can I get together in contact ?
Many thanks for help!
emodell is offline Find More Posts by emodell
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:29 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
... but I can't get the AUX switch to appear in the programming "SW" box at the bottom of the screen, in case I want to switch my triple rates to the AUX switch?

Thank you.
Are you sure? Aux1 switch is available but it's named Flap SW.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:45 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,354 Posts
Hey freechip,
About assigning switches... Can I do the following, move the current deployment of flaps from the 3 position Flap switch to the Rotary Aux 3 switch by just selecting Aux3 instead of FlapSwitch? I don't think I can do this because the receiver is just a 6 channel.
Maybe a mix?

Thanks

KKKKFL
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:33 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,283 Posts
The Flap System Menu does not let you select Knob as the controlling switch for it.

The Switch Select Menu will not let you select the Flap channel for the Knob switch if you have select a Flap Wing Type.

But all the Flap Menu is is a canned mix sort of speak so you could manual create your flap mix using the knob and also create another mix for elevator compensation when flaps are deployed. You wouldn't get reduce speed but having it on the knob you would manual be doing to slowed downed speed with the knob OR you could slow down the flap channel in the Servo Setup menu.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:35 AM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly View Post
I cannot tell from you O'scope traces... but interference comes in two varieties... that that is RF induced, and that which gets into the voltage. Possible solutions are a ferrite core on the cable.. and isolation of the component by enclosing in aluminum foil... but these are just guesses as I don't have enough information as to your problem, or the devices other than DX8 radio (terminology problem here. DX8 is a transmitter...)

KKKKFL
Thank for reply you mean ferrite like this want in my picture if this what you mean it not working also already test it

thank
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:37 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,283 Posts
Ferrite as in ferrite ring is the magnet looking ring found on ESC receiver leads on some models.

NO?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:14 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,354 Posts
Thanks Freechip...
Not sure exactly what the problem is as I'm an Aero guy and this sounds like some sort of Heli Gyro component.

KKKKFL
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:18 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,283 Posts
Not a heli guy either but just wanted to post what I taught was a ferrite ring.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:31 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keris View Post
can someone tell me how to solve gov signal interference cuase by engine me and my friend do some test on my heli using radio DX8 and remote reciever aling gov
keris
Does this model have a spark ignition engine? Exactly what kind of problem is your interference causing?
We kind of need more details on the equipment combination/setup and what the specific unwanted behavior is.

Its kind of hard to tell from your picture but are you trying to run ignition leads directly into the gov? Or are you using a sensor of some kind to give the gov its rpm info? Im having a real hard time trying to picture in my head exactly what your trying to do.Need more details.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Last edited by aerocal; Dec 31, 2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:39 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emodell View Post
Hello,
I have exchanged a AR9000 (DSM2) receiver against an AR9010 each with 2 satellites in a F3B model. All servos are connected to the same ports.
1. After turning on the DX10t (Aireware 1.04C) the flaps reacted in the opposite direction until it stops mechanical!
2. The ailerons functioned properly, but the size of the movement up and down are opposite!
When I returned the receiver swap, everything is ok again.
Why is that? Have the receiver an error?
Are you saying that the channels are acting differently from simply swapping the Rx? Im not aware of an AR9010.Do you mean AR9020?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emodell View Post
I want to put 2 SPM9645 DSMX satellites on a 4 pin connector. (2 satellites in a wing). What colors are "plus" and "minus"? What color is the data line? Can I contact them together with a second satellite? Which cable can I get together in contact ?
Many thanks for help!
You can only attach one remote per remote port on the Rx.They cannot be y-connected to have 2 remotes using the same port on the Rx.One remote on one lead into a single port on the Rx is how it is designed to work.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:31 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,493 Posts
[QUOTE=aerocal;23670462]Are you saying that the channels are acting differently from simply swapping the Rx? Im not aware of an AR9010.Do you mean AR9020?

I believe the AR9010 is just the DSMX version of the AR9000.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMAR9010
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH