HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2013, 07:00 PM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
Question
Clod buster crawler conversion kit

A few years ago before rock crawling become popular my dad received a crawler conversion kit for his clod buster and the suspension travel is insane. Mine is almost there it has oil filled shocks and a hand made chassis. I would just like to find a conversion kit or a build someone did with one. It's perfect it's a moa with front and rear steering and I even hand made servo mount/protectors. I think the motors in it are fine. I would like to upgrade to steel gears in the transmission. I think I'm also going to use my dx6i air transmitter to independently control the front and rear steering.
Mike20 is offline Find More Posts by Mike20
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:35 AM
United States, OR, Cottage Grove
Joined Nov 2012
55 Posts
aluminum gears ina clod crawler isnt that great of idea from what ive heard from people using them, just use to the "stock" gears they are just fine(other then when you try to bash it with both axles locked, then everything can break no matter what you do lol).

but yea clods do have alot of crawling capabilities aslong as where your crawling isnt souley meant for 2.2 rigs and under lol and they deff are fun

here is my Clodzilla 4(my crawler)

(current setup)

this picture make me want to go back up there where i took this(Dorena Lake here in Cottage Grove Oregon) its drained because they are putting a hydroelectric dam in, so crawling all summer long there on the shore nice huge rocks and some nice big mossy rocks too
Mastertaco is online now Find More Posts by Mastertaco
Last edited by Mastertaco; Mar 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2013, 04:20 AM
Romans 8:28
California
Joined Mar 2010
389 Posts
Here are a couple sites I like for the clod.

http://www.clodparts.com/

http://www.crawfordperformanceengineering.com/

I tried converting my Clod into a crawler, but I just didn't like it as much as a basher. I got a diff-lock kit for it which worked great going up hills, but I couldn't steer! I ended up getting a HPI King Crawler instead and left my Clod as a basher.
peacekeeper94 is offline Find More Posts by peacekeeper94
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DHK Wolf