HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wdelarme, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:36 AM
United States, WV, Harrison
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
For Sale
DJI NAZA GPS Protector

Protect your DJI NAZ GPS. I have personally lost one GPS to a roll over crash. This device is designed to break off in hard crashes that hit the gps gaurd. It has one stainless steel bolt that hold the pieces together. You can mount it with one stainless steel bolt from underneath.

The device also is designed to manually rotate to allow for magnetic declination adjustments

In the case of a rollover crash the device hits on the guarded area around the GPS compass and if the crash is hard enough the guard snaps off of the stand for protection. The bottom of the guard is 5mm thick abs plastic the sides are solid ABS plastic. I can make these in black or white

2 inches tall from top to bottom

$10 shipped in USA ( I am shipping over seas but the shipping has to be paid by the purchaser
$5 shipped for replacement parts in the USA (ie the guard has been snapped off from crashing)

Because I make them with my 3D printer I can also make them different lengths if needed

Name: 2012-09-19 22.25.40.jpg
Views: 119
Size: 248.0 KB
Description:

Name: 2012-09-19 23.08.02.jpg
Views: 122
Size: 232.9 KB
Description:

Some are actually getting very good results with shielding the inside with copper

Paypal wdelarme@gmail.com

Patent Pending
wdelarme is offline Find More Posts by wdelarme
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:12 AM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Jan 2010
93 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
I just put mine on and it fits great. It is so easy to adjust, I dialed my GPS in perfectly in a minute. No problem with locking on to the sats, 2" height works fine.
azred is offline Find More Posts by azred
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Aug 2012
231 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
should be getting mine in the mail next couple day, cant wait thanks again for this clever product
aerorynamic is offline Find More Posts by aerorynamic
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Did you have any issues with the bolts I used?

I'm thinking about using 3mm bolts instead of the 4-40 3/32 head bolts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:58 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Jan 2010
93 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
The bolts are quite tight. That is probably a good thing, but the bottom one can be tough to deal with. Not sure if 3mm will improve that, but i seem to use 3mm a lot and only 4-40 for Rusty's frame bolts. 3 mm may be more common in this area and everyone has mm tools.
azred is offline Find More Posts by azred
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:56 AM
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Aug 2012
247 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by azred View Post
The bolts are quite tight. That is probably a good thing, but the bottom one can be tough to deal with. Not sure if 3mm will improve that, but i seem to use 3mm a lot and only 4-40 for Rusty's frame bolts. 3 mm may be more common in this area and everyone has mm tools.
+1, as I already mentioned, the bolt gave me a hard time. Other than that, it's a great product which solved my TBE problem once and for all and gives me some piece of mind. Signal is still perfect with 2 in pole.

Buy with confidence guys!
jamac is offline Find More Posts by jamac
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamac View Post
+1, as I already mentioned, the bolt gave me a hard time. Other than that, it's a great product which solved my TBE problem once and for all and gives me some piece of mind. Signal is still perfect with 2 in pole.

Buy with confidence guys!
Just keep in mind the allen head is 3/32 and the screw is a 4-40 stainless
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:01 PM
French Polynesia, Windward Islands, Papeete
Joined May 2012
46 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
DJI NAZA GPS protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdelarme View Post
Protect your DJI NAZ GPS. I have personally lost one GPS to a roll over crash. This device is designed to break off in hard crashes that hit the gps gaurd. It has one stainless steel bolt that hold the pieces together. You can mount it with one stainless steel bolt from underneath.

The device also is designed to manually rotate to allow for magnetic declination adjustments

In the case of a rollover crash the device hits on the guarded area around the GPS compass and if the crash is hard enough the guard snaps off of the stand for protection. The bottom of the guard is 5mm thick abs plastic the sides are solid ABS plastic. I can make these in black or white

2 inches tall from top to bottom

$10 shipped in USA ( I am shipping over seas but the shipping has to be paid by the purchaser
$5 shipped for replacement parts in the USA (ie the guard has been snapped off from crashing)

Because I make them with my 3D printer I can also make them different lengths if needed

Attachment 5201383

Attachment 5201384

Some are actually getting very good results with shielding the inside with copper

Paypal wdelarme@gmail.com

Patent Pending
Hi,
I would like to order this item. Could you confirm that you can ship overseas (French Polynesia). I can use paypal for payment.
Thank you
yaktork is offline Find More Posts by yaktork
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
I will for $8.00 shipping + $10.00 each . Please include in paypal payment any specifics how many you want etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaktork View Post
Hi,
I would like to order this item. Could you confirm that you can ship overseas (French Polynesia). I can use paypal for payment.
Thank you
Old Jan 20, 2014, 09:34 AM
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Jun 2010
164 Posts
Trader Rating: 56
Do you still have any of these left? I would like one.
stwaller12 is offline Find More Posts by stwaller12
Old Jan 20, 2014, 01:09 PM
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stwaller12 View Post
Do you still have any of these left? I would like one.
Yes i still make them.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 06:37 PM
Joined Jun 2010
164 Posts
I need a replacement top cup. Do you make them without the stand? If so how much would that be?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 06:56 PM
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stwaller12 View Post
I need a replacement top cup. Do you make them without the stand? If so how much would that be?
5 bucks shipped in the usa
Old Jan 25, 2014, 06:20 PM
Joined Jun 2010
164 Posts
Just sent you a paypal payment for the upper guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdelarme View Post
5 bucks shipped in the usa