Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:32 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
To check the feathering shaft take one blade off and try this. While one blade is one it is very easy to see a wobble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HueFf...3&feature=plcp
Thanks for the info indoorheli. The feathering shaft does not appear to be bent using this technic. I may replace it anyway if I can get one.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:34 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Check your feathering shaft like indoorheli says first. You will have to use those 2 plastic wrenches that came in the bag with your heli. If it is straight then I would check for vibration due to main blades out of balance. You should be able to spin up the heli at 100% throttle at midstick (zero pitch) and the heli should be smooth as silk. If not, balance the mains by adding some clear tape.
Heli is smooth on spin up. It starts to vibrate with higher head speed.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:38 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Heli is smooth on spin up. It starts to vibrate with higher head speed.

Hi Jim,

Maybe a cracked tail shaft, even a very slight crack? I know it is hollow and that one thing that will be replaced with a solld boom when mine goes.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:53 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,832 Posts
lawguy14,
There is no need to tamper with your charger. Those new Eflite lipos can be charged at a 3C rate which is higher than the charger can deliver. Any of the latest Hyperion or Thunderpower lipos can be charged at the higher rate as well.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:10 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Sep 2011
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
lawguy14,
There is no need to tamper with your charger. Those new Eflite lipos can be charged at a 3C rate which is higher than the charger can deliver. Any of the latest Hyperion or Thunderpower lipos can be charged at the higher rate as well.
Gary
Thanks for that info. I'll leave it alone then. I got the two stock batts and then picked up two more new ones from the LHS when I purchased the heli. Can't wait for Wednesday when I'm off to get this heli outside and give her a go
lawguy14 is offline Find More Posts by lawguy14
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:22 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Hi Jim,

Maybe a cracked tail shaft, even a very slight crack? I know it is hollow and that one thing that will be replaced with a solld boom when mine goes.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I checked the tail shaft by twisting it and it seemed OK. If The parts are available, I may just replace the feathering shaft, main shaft and tail assembly. It must be one of those as I have replaced everything else that can cause vibs.

I called HH. The CS rep said they have observed vibration is a number of heli's they tested before release. He said they don't have any idea what causes it at this time. He could be blowing smoke.

Jim
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:32 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Hi Bob,

I checked the tail shaft by twisting it and it seemed OK. If The parts are available, I may just replace the feathering shaft, main shaft and tail assembly. It must be one of those as I have replaced everything else that can cause vibs.

I called HH. The CS rep said they have observed vibration is a number of heli's they tested before release. He said they don't have any idea what causes it at this time. He could be blowing smoke.

Jim
Hmmm, not happy to hear that. I 'm sure you balanced your blades?

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:39 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Try taking your tail fin off... Tail fin always caused vibration on my mcpx... since I removed it, tail holds better than ever and I never get vibrations... I even tried the Micro Heli carbon fiber tail fin before I realized no fin was the best fin
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:40 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Also make sure boom is pushed all the way into fuselage and that the tail rotor assembly is pushed all the way onto boom... they slip sometimes...
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:42 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
You are going to love it. I remember your mcpx vids.
I just drove 20 miles to get one. It's everything I thought the mcpx was going to be. Tight flips and rolls from the couch inches away from the laptop

My new favorite heli. The 130x is going to be on the shelf for a while..
Yup went and got it it seems to have a little shudder that i need to work out. Came out of the box with -3 to -4 at midstick...really surpirsed how heavy the negative was But other than those minor things It is pretty fun in the house. Since i have high ceilings i was doing some power loops which i have never done inside before..fun stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
Ha I couldn't and drove to the far away hobby shop and bought one.. Then called and canceled my other prepaid order.
I did the same thing EXCEPT I didnt cancel my preorder
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:47 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Yup went and got it it seems to have a little shudder that i need to work out. Came out of the box with -3 to -4 at midstick...really surpirsed how heavy the negative was But other than those minor things It is pretty fun in the house. Since i have high ceilings i was doing some power loops which i have never done inside before..fun stuff!

I did the same thing EXCEPT I didnt cancel my preorder
Hmm I didnt even check the pitch. It just flew perfectly out of the box.
I will check and see if it is at 0 @ mid stick.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:23 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Hmmm, not happy to hear that. I 'm sure you balanced your blades?

Bob
I didn't balance the blades but, I did try another set of blades with no change.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:25 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
Try taking your tail fin off... Tail fin always caused vibration on my mcpx... since I removed it, tail holds better than ever and I never get vibrations... I even tried the Micro Heli carbon fiber tail fin before I realized no fin was the best fin
That may be my last resort.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:31 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
Also make sure boom is pushed all the way into fuselage and that the tail rotor assembly is pushed all the way onto boom... they slip sometimes...
Checked that. It's in as far as it will go.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:43 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
did you check the main gear to make sure it hasn't slid down allowing play in the shaft?