HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:24 PM
rcflyer
UK
Joined Jun 2010
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srnet View Post
In which countries is the use of 5.8ghz video (for FPV) legal ?
http://www.fpvuk.org/things-explaine...ncies-for-fpv/
rcjim11 is offline Find More Posts by rcjim11
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:17 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2012
20 Posts
I don't get the stuff. Please say yes or no.
rogerjiangcf is offline Find More Posts by rogerjiangcf
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:17 PM
Stuart
UK, Cardiff
Joined Dec 2008
3,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerjiangcf View Post
I don't get the stuff. Please say yes or no.
No...
srnet is online now Find More Posts by srnet
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:49 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,654 Posts
Strange how these questions on this subject keep coming up. It's illegal but we all still do it.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:12 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2012
20 Posts
What will be effected if I use the 5.8Ghz 200mW fpv system in Canada? Wifi? TV? Radio?.......... And Is 900mhz 200mW fpv system legal in Canada?
rogerjiangcf is offline Find More Posts by rogerjiangcf
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:15 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,027 Posts
I understand 5GHz is reserved for WiFi but there are also some airport/weather radar and military using these frequencies. The rules allow WiFI, but it must be frequency hopping (aka DFS). And amateur radio users can use some of the frequencies with strong warning to ensure they are not interfering with anyone, however that is achieved. So if it is WLAN we are encroaching on, that is good because they are frequency hopping and can avoid getting interference from us automatically. If it is radar, then that is more of a challenge. Of course the onus is on us to ensure we do not interfere with other users no matter what, which might mean just going to 2.4 or 1.3 for our video.

I am not sure what the rules are for Canada, except to say we usually follow what the US does . and heck a lot of us are closer to US RF than Canadian RF, so have to beware of both country's rules.

Further I do know that the bands available for 'amateur television' which is what we are doing, are extremely limited - something like 439MHz and maybe some around the 1.3GHz band. That is closer to the bottom line on legal broadcasting, even with a HAM license.
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:09 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,654 Posts
Weather radar I think is in the 3 cm band (10ghz). 2.4 and 5.8 are what you can call all most junk/noisey bands. since microwave ovens operate at 2.45. they emit a lot of noise. And that wont change anytime soon. I loose my wifi connection at work when somebody heats up their lunch. the radar-guided collision warning systems in some cars is in 5.8 ghz range.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider