HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:17 AM
Joined Mar 2012
104 Posts
An FCC search of FrSky shows only two listings, both Tx modules.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...%27XYFV8FTR%27

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...27XYFD8TD8R%27
GuitsBoy is offline Find More Posts by GuitsBoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:53 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,287 Posts
Not quite, second is receiver too, because is the two way system, both ends are transceivers, not transmitter and receiver.

And, for a modular radio, only the RF system is certified, not the radio itself, which don't transmit.
Only the monolitic radios are FCC certified.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:21 AM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Not quite, second is receiver too, because is the two way system, both ends are transceivers, not transmitter and receiver.

And, for a modular radio, only the RF system is certified, not the radio itself, which don't transmit.
Only the monolitic radios are FCC certified.
I am hoping the new transmitter has ball bearing gimbals.... That is my biggest missing item for my existing 9x...

Alright, maybe more memory, faster processor but if it can't run ER9x I won't even consider it....
ScottSails is offline Find More Posts by ScottSails
Last edited by ScottSails; Apr 11, 2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:22 AM
PEMAC
Australia, New South Wales, Penrith
Joined Jul 2007
725 Posts
HK has confirmed it will ship stock with similar firmware to ERsky9x, It will use the atmega chip and "can be flashed with your existing customised software."
Also comes with a built in port to flash firmware

Sounding very promising.
SleepySean is offline Find More Posts by SleepySean
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:40 AM
Currently flyin Crack Yak
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2006
364 Posts
I just read this

- The 9XR has a pin-out in the battery compartment for easier custom firmware flashing without needing to open the case.
- It will use the atmega chip and can be flashed with your existing customised software. In fact, it comes standard with a similar rom to ER9x.
- Backlit screen
- Has inbuilt and module based antenna system
- Spare parts available
- Improved switch and pot quality
- The 9XR will be $50.00
- We're working with Frsky on a module for the 9XR
ryanotown22 is offline Find More Posts by ryanotown22
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:04 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
So does this mean it is not a totally new model but a pimped up Flysky 9x with programmer, backlight and (Frsky module?) fitted at factory and flashed with ER9x?

Anyway for $50 it will be awesome deal.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:25 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,287 Posts
Frsky alone is $50 A pair of good quality gimbals is more than $50.
My crystal ball say rather $150...
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:47 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Frsky alone is $50 A pair of good quality gimbals is more than $50.
My crystal ball say rather $150...
i think it says that frsky will have a module that fits similar to what they have now. i hope it stays compatible with the current flysky protocol. abandoning v1 in favor of v2 was enough of a shakeup. if the new one is not compatible with current line of v911 and plane rx ill go back to spektrum. and if its much more expensive than the 9x ill stick with the ones i got now.

where is all this speculation coming from? any credible links?
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:55 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
i think 50$ will be without any module
and maybe the FrSky module they are working for 9XR will be a customized version ready to receive telemetry on screen without need of DIY mods, (using the two unused pins...)

for 50$ and built-in programmer is a good deal In my opinion,
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:06 AM
Plane Fanatic
Australia, QLD, Gympie
Joined Jul 2007
693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
where is all this speculation coming from? any credible links?
From the official HK Forum - Anthony's (HobbyKing_Admin) posts:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f...TID=28792&PN=1

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 10:35pm
The 9XR is designed and built completely in-house (my back pocket reminds me of this every day).
It will use the atmega chip and can be flashed with your existing customised software. In fact, it comes standard with a similar rom to one you have mentioned.

We wont be sending out eval units because we have done alot of testing in house already and its unfair to make customers wait for further evaluations.

Anthony.

Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 9:38pm
Quote: How many channels Anthony, and will it hold genuine CE certification?
All our CE certs are genuine from Genuine testing companies.
Unfortunately competitors like to contest those certs by retesting and making comments to undermine their legitimacy.

Just to keep the critics quiet we will be using TUV to test.

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 6:02pm
The 9XR has a pin-out in the battery compartment for easier flashing without needing to unscrew the case.
We are taking care of the customers that like to fiddle, don't worry about that.

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 12:30am
Want a 433 LR module for the new 9XR?
You're going to be a happy chappy.....

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 12:37am
Backlight is standard
Has inbuilt and module based antenna system
Button config makes sense
Spare parts avail from the start
Switch and pot quality far better than previous version.

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 10:21am
The 9XR will be $50.00 and targeted at the standard user that likes flying, not fiddling with his radio or looking for a shady spot to see his LCD.
I like that radio and we're working on something similar (android based) but it wont have the takeup that the 9XR does.

I think Futaba, JR and Spektrum are about to get a hard kick in the nuts

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 11:17am
Quote: Would be good if you could make them already flashed with the frsky 2.4 telementry already installed
We're working with them on a module for the 9XR.

Posted: Today at 10:56am
I saw T2 plastics today, they looked good but work was still needed.
I would say we're 3 months out from release. (A GUESS!) View Post
DeathWarmedUp is offline Find More Posts by DeathWarmedUp
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:28 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,972 Posts
thanks for taking time to distill that. hundreds of orders w/hk but never signed up for the forum. i predict, if not exactly the same flysky module as 9x, then at least a similar compatible one. frsky optional: "We're working with them on a module for the 9XR". imo a radio w/o rf is not too useful. we shall see.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:15 PM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
I don't believe that it will be $50. Maybe without the rx, but considering how well these are likely to sell, they'd be stupid to price it this low.
numanair is online now Find More Posts by numanair
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:54 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,972 Posts
maybe not to smart to say things like that in public. hand and minions do snoop rcgroups. anyway i paid $39.95 for my first 9x so $50 aint that far fetched. they do this to hook early adopters to get things started on the forums which is where most of their advertising occurs.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:04 PM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
maybe not to smart to say things like that in public. hand and minions do snoop rcgroups. anyway i paid $39.95 for my first 9x so $50 aint that far fetched. they do this to hook early adopters to get things started on the forums which is where most of their advertising occurs.
I suppose. I guess I was thinking the 9x costs a lot more than that. It will be interesting to see if they produce their own DSMX/2, etc modules for it.
numanair is online now Find More Posts by numanair
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:36 AM
Plane Fanatic
Australia, QLD, Gympie
Joined Jul 2007
693 Posts
Guys,

Anthony has said $50 (prob target price) so I think you could safely assume it will be for the same bits as the current TX. ie TX, 1 x RX in a box. IF its compatible with the current series - great for those that use it (I dont). IF its not - fine as well. ITS ONLY 50 DOLLARS!!!!!

Even if its $60 - $80 its still a bargain compared to the Name Brands which stuff up as much really. One of the guys in our Club has just had his DX6i go funky with the Rudder channel (and hes not alone) so its not just the cheap stuff that has problems.
DeathWarmedUp is offline Find More Posts by DeathWarmedUp