Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:13 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
finally got around to the maiden of my micro radjet 420. Had two flights with it and didnt like it at all. Wasnt as near as fast as I thought it would be. Even on 100% rates it was still not enough throw.

I thought this little bird would be allot of fun but sadly it was not at all.

Took it home and listed it up for sale and sold it 5 mins later. CBF modding it. I have a 1mtr red eagle wing that is way quicker.
That.s a shame this was my maiden yesterday i thought it was plenty quick enough for it's size.
Radjet 420 maiden (2 min 4 sec)
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:41 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
finally got around to the maiden of my micro radjet 420. Had two flights with it and didnt like it at all. Wasnt as near as fast as I thought it would be. Even on 100% rates it was still not enough throw.

I thought this little bird would be allot of fun but sadly it was not at all.

Took it home and listed it up for sale and sold it 5 mins later. CBF modding it. I have a 1mtr red eagle wing that is way quicker.
Did you do the mix on the DX6i to get full throws?

My radjet is not getting enough flight time too. Too many other more interesting planes competing for attention.
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:05 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Well it looks plenty fast in the video.
Guess I need to unbox mine and get it going.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Jun 26, 2012, 04:33 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,035 Posts
anybody have issue with the motor rubbing metal to metal in the direction of thrust?
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Jun 28, 2012, 03:39 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Just order (back order unluckily) the RadJet 420 ... but I will make it from parts this save lot of money in shipping and also in the bird itself.

I also got some buddy code in case you need some spare or you want to build one from scratch:

Radjet 420 - Replacement Fuselage w/ Motor Mount Save US$: 2.06

Radjet 420 - Replacement Main Wing Set Save US$: 1.33

Radjet 420 - Replacement Vertical Stabilizer Save US$: 0.61

Radjet 420 - Replacement Canopy Save US$: 0.32

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:47 AM
Redwood City, CA USA
Joined Mar 2002
490 Posts
Great advise that's the way to order these, save shipping and control the build quality. Unfortunately those parts have been back-ordered for long time otherwise I would have ordered the parts to build-out a 2nd one someday.

Anyhoot, the BL1230-4200kv motor arrived last week and had Radjet 420 zooming around again this past weekend, fast little pusher and a total blast!
planekrazy is offline Find More Posts by planekrazy
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:38 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planekrazy View Post
Great advise that's the way to order these, save shipping and control the build quality. Unfortunately those parts have been back-ordered for long time otherwise I would have ordered the parts to build-out a 2nd one someday.

Anyhoot, the BL1230-4200kv motor arrived last week and had Radjet 420 zooming around again this past weekend, fast little pusher and a total blast!
Yes, Back Order in HobbyKing can means months ...

I remember I had to wait 3 months for some 23g motor ... at least I did paid 2$ less then the new price once they came back on stock

Anyhow, for the amount of money stuck ... I leave my order in back order ...

I have tons of other birds to fly, too many still to build ... but yes, this little wing is looking interesting, so I need to add in my collection ... but I can wait.

Ideally ... I would like to make it something that I can put in a trolley and take with me with air-travels ... let see.

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Anyhow, I hope somebody is going to use these code ... so I can have a micro discount on my next order

pps: As portable radio ... I'm thinking to make a BlueeTooth 2 FrSky module ... so I can keep my big TX at home, and with just a mobile phone and the little FrSky module I can control this micro bird ...
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:51 AM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,093 Posts
Yeah back ordered items can take a while.. When they go out of stock that usually means they have to manufacture more somewhere. Only backorder stuff that you dont mind it taking up to 3 months or possibly longer lol. Still waiting on my radjet but have been living/flying vicariously through my friends radjet 420/800/ mini stryker
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:58 PM
Redwood City, CA USA
Joined Mar 2002
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessswind View Post
anybody have issue with the motor rubbing metal to metal in the direction of thrust?
I've received 3 AP05 motors in three different RTF micro planes from HK. The one that came with the 420 had that issue. In fact the motor can seemed to wobble (spin untruly). In trying to investigate the issue I started to remove the little c-clip on the shaft to separate the motor parts and look at the bearings and what not. As I struggled to get the keep the motor steady and pry the tiny c-clip loose somehow the right parts moved around or seated themselves and all of a sudden without having the c-clip removed the motor shaft started running true
Do not know how or what was wrong originally but that motor still works today, although it has been removed from the Radjet to experiment with other motors and 3S setups. Anyways, hopefully yours will be easy to fix. Have you tried taking it apart and putting back together again?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:01 PM
Redwood City, CA USA
Joined Mar 2002
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
That.s a shame this was my maiden yesterday i thought it was plenty quick enough for it's size.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r08_wBmkEi0
Congrats on the maiden

Woohoo! that little jet is going pretty fast alright, did you modify the stock setup?
Last edited by planekrazy; Jun 29, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 04:07 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
Quote:
Congrats on the maiden

Woohoo! that little jet is going pretty fast alright, did you modify the stock setup?
nope 2s bog standard all 66 grams of her.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:04 AM
Redwood City, CA USA
Joined Mar 2002
490 Posts
The stock airframe as been good to me so far. Hat cam was on for its re-maiden with new motor last weekend, it was super windy yet so much fun zipping around. At 1:50 into the video it crash landed luckily with no damage. I was finishing a tight high-speed split-s which turned into a crash landing over the tall bushes
RadJet 420 micro - crash landing interrupted split-s! (4 min 0 sec)

See what happened there, try not to do that
Old Jun 30, 2012, 03:15 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,035 Posts
Quote:
I've received 3 AP05 motors in three different RTF micro planes from HK. The one that came with the 420 had that issue. In fact the motor can seemed to wobble (spin untruly). In trying to investigate the issue I started to remove the little c-clip on the shaft to separate the motor parts and look at the bearings and what not. As I struggled to get the keep the motor steady and pry the tiny c-clip loose somehow the right parts moved around or seated themselves and all of a sudden without having the c-clip removed the motor shaft started running true
Do not know how or what was wrong originally but that motor still works today, although it has been removed from the Radjet to experiment with other motors and 3S setups. Anyways, hopefully yours will be easy to fix. Have you tried taking it apart and putting back together again?
It isn't my plane. It's a friend's. I think the motor isn't designed to be a pusher. I's designed to pull. I like the way HK state it's a "specially wound motor". It's the same as the a la cart one in their catalog. Whatever.
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:49 AM
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2008
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Just order (back order unluckily) the RadJet 420 ... but I will make it from parts this save lot of money in shipping and also in the bird itself.

I also got some buddy code in case you need some spare or you want to build one from scratch:

Radjet 420 - Replacement Fuselage w/ Motor Mount Save US$: 2.06

Radjet 420 - Replacement Main Wing Set Save US$: 1.33

Radjet 420 - Replacement Vertical Stabilizer Save US$: 0.61

Radjet 420 - Replacement Canopy Save US$: 0.32

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Did the remplacement parts were in stock before?
The price of pnf model is a bit high regarding her big brother
I did a quick calculation. It is less expensive to built the 420 with replacements parts than buying the pnf model..
Cid156 is online now Find More Posts by Cid156
Old Jul 01, 2012, 03:42 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156 View Post
Did the remplacement parts were in stock before?
The price of pnf model is a bit high regarding her big brother
I did a quick calculation. It is less expensive to built the 420 with replacements parts than buying the pnf model..
Not only, but shipping cost are also much less

Unlucky who knows when it will be back in stock

Tchuss

E_lm_70