Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:12 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
well the control horns for the elevator and rudder are on opposite sides from my original SU-26 to this plane. I can't turn the brick around so I'm going to have to rewire the servo's to each other. Luckily I have a microscope and micro soldering equipment at my work otherwise I wouldn't recommend using the parkzone brick for this plane, unless you swap the control horns to opposite sides or rewire the brick.
Just mount the brick inverted
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:30 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
I decided to go to the WRAM Show this year and it was better than when it was in White Plains. nothing really spoke to me so I was leaving with money in my pocket when I stopped at the NitroPlanes booth for a buddy to get a Rocket Motor and saw they had these for $50. I walked out with less money and have the plane to play with. I think for $50 it will be fine to fiddle with at our indoors venues. I doubt it will be much harder to fly than the Polecat. I'm hoping I can get more rudder authority as the Polecat is anemic. I also have some SX motors which might be a nice upgrade as per http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1326158 As with any impulse buy, my expectations are low
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:31 AM
Joined Jan 2009
3 Posts
This WRAM show was easy to get around and see things, most of the good stuff was sold by 11AM, doors opened at 10 ! Could not resist the Extra 300, easily the best quality at that price. Video youtube looks promising, fly's with authority. Can't wait till the wind stops here.
jerseyjoe is offline Find More Posts by jerseyjoe
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:57 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjoe View Post
This WRAM show was easy to get around and see things, most of the good stuff was sold by 11AM, doors opened at 10 ! Could not resist the Extra 300, easily the best quality at that price. Video youtube looks promising, fly's with authority. Can't wait till the wind stops here.
Blowing pretty good up in New England too. I'll get a chance to try it indoors wednesday. The tires look like they will work well on our "turf". I charged it all up and held it vertical and it seemed to have enough to hover but maybe not pull out. Definitely more rudder area than the Polecat. it will be fun in any case. interesting that it doesn't actually "bind" to the transmitter, you rebind each time

The only thing that worries me about the video is no vertical upward maneuvers. just the downward spin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2012, 04:29 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,093 Posts
I am giving up on this little plane Sticking to the rtf micro birds at hobbyking. I was looking for a few planes to order for a youth flying program that we run and I am somewhat disappointed in these..
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Feb 28, 2012, 05:13 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
I am giving up on this little plane Sticking to the rtf micro birds at hobbyking. I was looking for a few planes to order for a youth flying program that we run and I am somewhat disappointed in these..
how so?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:13 PM
United States, CO, Westminster
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
So i broke one of the windings on the 2.2g motor i wanted to use so i took every thing out of the extra and made myself a superbandit!
here a link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post21114040
chester2240 is offline Find More Posts by chester2240
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
how so?
Just had a ton of problems. We had better luck with the nine eagles planes at hobbyking in the past. I ended up stripping down one of these birds and putting in some of the hk 2.5gram micro servos, the apo5 and a orange rx and I am enjoying flying this model now. Too much work for what we wanted them for the kids but still fun
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:46 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
Just had a ton of problems. We had better luck with the nine eagles planes at hobbyking in the past. I ended up stripping down one of these birds and putting in some of the hk 2.5gram micro servos, the apo5 and a orange rx and I am enjoying flying this model now. Too much work for what we wanted them for the kids but still fun
Yeah, I can somewhat understand now that I have flown mine. Pretty unflyable with the toy transmitter
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:20 PM View Post
banbanban
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 05:14 PM
Westchester, NY
Joined Jun 2003
275 Posts
Can someone please explain to me the battery charger. I have this plane and there is very little information about charging the battery. When i plug it in to charger the light is green. How do i know when the battery is done charging?
kindjordan is offline Find More Posts by kindjordan
Old Apr 02, 2012, 06:02 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
Yeah, I can somewhat understand now that I have flown mine. Pretty unflyable with the toy transmitter
I got one of the Orange receivers today with the micro plugs and hope to convert it over. I just need to figure out the servo pin out since I read somewhere these aren't standard
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
I got the SU-26 today and the servos are twitchy when it is on. Any suggestions?
FatalMartyr is offline Find More Posts by FatalMartyr
Old Apr 03, 2012, 04:18 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindjordan View Post
Can someone please explain to me the battery charger. I have this plane and there is very little information about charging the battery. When i plug it in to charger the light is green. How do i know when the battery is done charging?
On most of them the light goes out when the battery is fully charged. I didn't use their charger as I have a celestra from my other UM planes
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:22 PM
Westchester, NY
Joined Jun 2003
275 Posts
Thanks Coreman. The manual says it will be red and turn to green when its done. Then again, it also says "the battery should be changed in 2 hours" instead of charged. The light eventually shut off so i figured it was done. Thanks for the info.
kindjordan is offline Find More Posts by kindjordan