Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jul 01, 2011, 03:41 AM
Joined Sep 2009
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by air_crash View Post
Why bothering converting the format?
Just use another editor, that is capable of H.264 videos.
It is the best to do so to keep as close to the original video quality.
I can think only one reason to convert. So to play on very old PCs.

You can see in the FAQ what editors to use.
I myself use WLMM, Corel VideoStudio Pro and Cyberlink PowerDirector.
Interesting comment as my version of Corel Videostudio Pro x4 will not even import mov files let alone edit them. Are you saying that you can edit mov files directly with this software?

Bill
billhally is offline Find More Posts by billhally
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2011, 05:06 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
I buy new card, is this good for class 10 ?

Transcend 8GB class 10

??
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Jul 01, 2011, 05:11 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
And after using SDFormatter I get:
Old Jul 01, 2011, 05:57 AM
Joined Jun 2011
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor View Post
And after using SDFormatter I get:
It was probably nothing to do with SD formatter and just a differing result. Sometimes the results change slightly from test to test, maybe to do with what your computer was doing at the time. Either way that's more than fast enough for this cam to operate. I have a less fast card with no issues.
coursemyhorse is offline Find More Posts by coursemyhorse
Old Jul 01, 2011, 07:00 AM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
598 Posts
I have a cam that I have turned into a zombie. I tried to upgrade to the latest firmware and now my camera seems pretty dead. When I plug it into the usb I get the red light, and that is the only response I can get from my camera.

I have tried to follow these tips but nothing works...well I have not yet cut the power wires inside the camera, but before I do that, I would like to know if there is another solution to bring my camera back to life ?
SpookiePower is offline Find More Posts by SpookiePower
Old Jul 01, 2011, 08:04 AM
Joined Mar 2011
19 Posts
my latest videos:

http://www.harrinkuvat.1g.fi/kuvat/R...retest/Videos/

used three #11 cameras.
HarriK is offline Find More Posts by HarriK
Old Jul 01, 2011, 08:14 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Great but try to upload on vimeo
Old Jul 01, 2011, 08:31 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
I buy new card, is this good for class 10 ?

Transcend 8GB class 10

??
Even a Class 4 is well enough for the #11 ... Class 10 cost too much for my taste

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Jul 01, 2011, 08:55 AM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joespeeder View Post
Hey Guys,

I played with the cams this past weekend. It's not RC but I bet you enjoy it.....

Joe
yes! THAT'S AWESOME.. great driving, great video , very stable considering .. and I'm glad you have your own Paramedic Van standing by too..
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Old Jul 01, 2011, 09:03 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Class 10 cost too much for my taste
Haha - I thought you guys with #11 were the big spenders!!

The Transcend C10 4GB is available at Newegg for $7.49 plus ship. I got one, it benchmarks similar to Reptor test above.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jul 01, 2011, 11:17 AM
Joined May 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PED View Post
Hey all, in viewing our website's stats I came across this thread and I just wanted to inform that the mount for the 808 style cameras is available outside of the package, here. At current we can't get the cost down until we see a higher demand...

I also just wanted to mention that the $119 package cost includes, the HD #11 camera, 4G memory, Mount and FREE shipping by USPS in US. or the $89 package with the .AVI HD which includes all the items as previously mentioned.

We would invite any comments/suggestions or questions you might have.

Regards,

PED Products
So.....

$24,95 for the mount
$5,50 for 4 GB uSD
$38,50 for the camera

All free shipping.

That leaves $119 - 24,95 - 5,50 - 38,50 = $50,10 for shipping?
wfvn is offline Find More Posts by wfvn
Old Jul 01, 2011, 11:55 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookiePower View Post
I have a cam that I have turned into a zombie. I tried to upgrade to the latest firmware and now my camera seems pretty dead. When I plug it into the usb I get the red light, and that is the only response I can get from my camera.

I have tried to follow these tips but nothing works...well I have not yet cut the power wires inside the camera, but before I do that, I would like to know if there is another solution to bring my camera back to life ?
Did you try re-flashing in the firmware, making sure your camera battery is fully charged when you start, and letting the camera sit untouched until the yellow LED comes back on after starting the flashing operation? And did you erase the firmware file after flashing it in so the camera doesn't keep flashing it in everytime you power up?

The flashing procedure is pretty simple and should work fine if the instructions are followed exactly.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jul 01, 2011, 12:08 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Another Forum Use Heads-up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarriK View Post
my latest videos:

http://www.harrinkuvat.1g.fi/kuvat/R...retest/Videos/

used three #11 cameras.
Quote:
Great but try to upload on vimeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims123 View Post
yes! THAT'S AWESOME.. great driving, great video , very stable considering .. and I'm glad you have your own Paramedic Van standing by too..
Hi guys,

In case you missed this very recent post, please do not use this forum or encourage others for posting general video links to "what I did last weekend" clips unless it has to do with RC aircraft or showing problems/solutions for using or editing video from the #11HD camera. This is NOT a general video posting forum for other #11 clips. If we can't keep the subject matter on topic here, I will have to close down this support thread.

Thanks.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jul 01, 2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old Jul 01, 2011, 12:40 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookiePower View Post

Oh dear , there have been sooooo many posts where folks have exactly the same problem. They have been answered and answered again...

Just take your time. A click is a click and not a long press. You must do things slowly. Like Tom says, try a different firmware. When instructions say wait 30 seconds, wait 60 seconds - just to make sure you wait long enough!
Let the camera rest. Try again the following day, but just take things slowly and follow all instructions exactly. One click at a time.
Understand exactly how the camera is supposed to react.

Like I said at the beginning, there really are many, many posts in this thread which handle exactly the same problem that you are having. I would dare to say that 99% were solved. As a supplement to Tom's posting, have you also looked at the "Trouble shooting" chapter at the end of the instruction manual found here?

Take the camera to work with you. Press a button every once in a while. I'm sure your camera will one day come back to life. If not, then you'll have to return it.

BTW, if you search this thread for "bricked" there are currently 144 entries - maybe one will help you.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Jul 01, 2011, 01:41 PM
Ελλάς, Αττική, Αθήνα
Joined Apr 2011
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billhally View Post
Interesting comment as my version of Corel Videostudio Pro x4 will not even import mov files let alone edit them. Are you saying that you can edit mov files directly with this software?

Bill
Yes, I can.
I also use Videostudio Pro x4 version, and it can import and edit the files.
I have a v2 #11 camera with release 1 firmware, if this makes a difference. It may not, I can`t know as I never have installed release 2 firmware, neither I have a v3 camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfvn View Post
So.....

$24,95 for the mount
$5,50 for 4 GB uSD
$38,50 for the camera

All free shipping.

That leaves $119 - 24,95 - 5,50 - 38,50 = $50,10 for shipping?
I think you miss the part that the camera is sold from USA.
So if you`re a US citizen, I`m not, then you gain:

a) warranty. As you may have seen there are some posts mentioning about the cost to send the camera back to China, wait, wait, wait, and after so much waiting you may get the replacement. I would say that there is no warranty if you get it through China. If you`re lucky it works, if not then you have nothing. It`s like as when you cast the dice.
So here you have no such trouble.

b) faster shipping. I suppose.

c) hand picked. Maybe.

d) seller pays taxes. Like if you had to pay taxes for importing the camera, plus the profit taxes for the sale. So a part of the price is gone to the IRS. I suppose.

I think the phrase that this is an open market and anyone can make his own decisions is the right one.
I myself bought two from China cause there were not sold in my country anyway, and I may did the same if the price difference was big enough to take my risks -as I`m a risky man and then I don`t worry if something goes wrong.
air_crash is offline Find More Posts by air_crash
Closed Thread