Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:20 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
well that Bipe thing with one wing started years ago we flew a Bipe and my friend rolled it on a landing breaking the top wing, but he still wanted to fly so we pulled off the top wing and it flew beautiful anyway so thats how that all came about LOL but I love the thrill of not knowing or what to expect

That is a beautiful method LOL

For a real thrill after a friend of yours brings a new plane to maiden and then goes through the entire preflight, place 20 quarters on a piece of packing tape at an opportune time (when he's not looking) Then stick them on under the stab or bottom fuse, sit back and roll tape what a show God I love this Hobby its so much fun
Note to self: If Waldo is ever around, don't let him near the plane before takeoff.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:55 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
You just better hope you don't have a short!
ROTFLMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Note to self: If Waldo is ever around, don't let him near the plane before takeoff.
Come on Wayno wheres your sense of adventure the desire of doom And especially the hard core belly laugh you get to do as your friends Plane is flying like a teeter tawter with that priceless look in his face Just ask Snowman,, I set him up with my OWN plane LOLOL Ok Now that I have re read what I just wrote Maybe There is a wire that needs to be soldered on my main circuit board
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:12 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
ROTFLMAO

Come on Wayno wheres your sense of adventure the desire of doom And especially the hard core belly laugh you get to do as your friends Plane is flying like a teeter tawter with that priceless look in his face Just ask Snowman,, I set him up with my OWN plane LOLOL Ok Now that I have re read what I just wrote Maybe There is a wire that needs to be soldered on my main circuit board
I have to admit, the 20 quarters taped to the plane is a fantastic entertainment idea...just need to make sure a video recorder is running. So Waldo, when are we gonna get together!? Oh yeah, and "can I borrow some duct tape"?
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:00 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,959 Posts
Hey fellas.......I got a little creative today and ripped apart a few battery packs for 3 DeWalt cordless drill/drivers.....I was sick of paying the big bucks for replacement batteries so I rigged up a 3000 mAh Lipo pack using my airplane batteries.......man oh man does that do the trick!!!! I now have an excuse to buy more batteries....what do you all think of the Sky lipos that HobbyPartz sells???
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:02 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
The sky lipos have a good reputation. They are usually under-rated and perform very well.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:06 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Hey fellas.......I got a little creative today and ripped apart a few battery packs for 3 DeWalt cordless drill/drivers.....I was sick of paying the big bucks for replacement batteries so I rigged up a 3000 mAh Lipo pack using my airplane batteries.......man oh man does that do the trick!!!! I now have an excuse to buy more batteries....what do you all think of the Sky lipos that HobbyPartz sells???
I got tired of carrying a battery in my flight box just for my glow engine starter, so I rigged an adapter from deans to banana which allows me to connect a 3S2200 lipo to the starter. Turns my Saito FA-115 on my T__T 60 over with no problem and recharges quick when needed!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:04 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
I use a 4S1800 on my nitro 12 volt starter.... Everyone wants to us it. It will start the big cranky 4 strokes with no issue. Chooped the cord off and dropped a Dean connector on it.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:14 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
Quote:
I have to admit, the 20 quarters taped to the plane is a fantastic entertainment idea...just need to make sure a video recorder is running. So Waldo, when are we gonna get together!? Oh yeah, and "can I borrow some duct tape"?
some day soon I hope and I have plenty of duct and packing tape for you to borrow

Quote:
I got tired of carrying a battery in my flight box just for my glow engine starter, so I rigged an adapter from deans to banana which allows me to connect a 3S2200 lipo to the starter. Turns my Saito FA-115 on my T__T 60 over with no problem and recharges quick when needed!
yeah I got sick of hauling a battery with my box also so now we all just made a nice extension cord and pop the hoods on our vehicles and hook the flight box to the car batteries with some clips walaa freshly charged battery ready at the helm everytime we go to field

Snowman that's awesome nuttin like a little imagination to make a home built product excellent !!
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:16 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
I have an 8000mAh 4S in my starter box now. Everything is better.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:18 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Mr. Mulligan maiden, I need a mulligan...

Seemed pretty nose heavy although the CG balanced per the book. Also had some right roll but the lateral was perfect.

I thought it was a little hard to see as well.

Any way it came in a little fast for the landing and bounced. On the next touch, a wheel caught something and it cartwheeled a little. Just some minor damage. Good power and looks in the air.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:52 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,063 Posts
Need a bit of help... Does anyone know where I can buy the old school style spinners like the pictures? This is a 4 inch I got in a deal of some sort. This is a 4 inch <if anyone needs one> and I need a 3.5 inch. I am looking for one with some weight to it. The 4 inch weighs about .42 lbs <192 grams>. Between a spinner like this and moving my packs<if needed> I should be able to get the CG set on the 87....

All I am finding are carbon and alum spinners.

Guess it helps to post the example
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Nov 27, 2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:20 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,063 Posts
See Through foam
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:54 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
What is the high wind survival rating on that Ron
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:13 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
What is the high wind survival rating on that Ron
Outstanding...... you dont take it out in the wind... From house to car, car to gym, and repeat at the end of the evening....
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:13 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
DOG what do we have here?
Tell me more.
What is you set-up?
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50