HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2014, 05:46 PM
United Kingdom, England, Cheltenham
Joined Oct 2013
213 Posts
Discussion
Minim OSD RSSI

Hi

Does anyone know the way to get RSSI on the minim OSD V1.1 (from hobbyking)
I have an APM 2.6 which I was hoping to use to get RSSI on the OSD from, but so far I can only see that people solder the RSSI wire to the processor with a 1kOhm resistor.

Is that the only way to do it or can I get the APM to give rssi to the OSD somehow?
Also how hard is it to solder to the processor ?

Thank you very much.
guyfawkes is offline Find More Posts by guyfawkes
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2014, 08:07 PM
Certified Power Juicer
Joined Feb 2009
793 Posts
http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/com...th-indication/

You need to connect rssi signal and ground to the corresponding pins of one of the ports designated Analog. It is very easy to solder these. A capacitor is only needed for digital RSSIs because of their pulsed nature if I got it right. Software wise you will write a parameter that defines which analog pin has the rssi.
Jack_LaLanne is offline Find More Posts by Jack_LaLanne
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Easy Glider DIY FPV canopy
Old Jul 23, 2014, 03:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Cheltenham
Joined Oct 2013
213 Posts
Thank you very much that's so much more convenient, I have an openlrs receiver which gives out RSSI hoping that doesn't have pulsed output?
guyfawkes is offline Find More Posts by guyfawkes