HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:38 PM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
New Product
Microaces RAF Mustang III - Polish 315 Sqn

Here we go chaps.... with something I've been tinkering with for few months on and off.

I really wanted to get an RAF Mustang into the mix PLUS I also wanted to mark this year - the 70th Anniversary of D-Day (June 6th) with an aircraft involved in that conflict and carrying the very distinctive invasion stripes that Allied aircraft were adorned with for a few months over this period.

It's also a massive salute to all the foreign combatants that fought as part of the RAF with this Polish flown P-51B 'Razorback'.

This particular Mustang III was assigned to Polish RAF 315 Sqn in 1944 and was the personal mount of the C/O and Ace pilot Eugeniusz Horbaczewski or 'Dziubek' as his friends knew him. We'll get the history and the kit up onto the Microaces Website shortly and hope to make the kit available from the end of next week.

Interestingly and completely coincidentally.....this particular Mustang was delivered to 315 Sqn from Aston Down Airfield in Gloucestershire. This is the exact same airfield where, at the age of 10, I got my first RC flying experience

Enjoy the pics and please dont hesitate to ask any questions!

Jon
MICROACES is offline Find More Posts by MICROACES
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MICROACES; Mar 22, 2014 at 12:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2014, 02:57 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,841 Posts
Absolutely beautiful model - stunning!

Your graphics are top notch, and coloring the distracting "left over" white foam with pastels, etc will just make it that much better.

Is there some way to make the tail wheel removable so that when the model is flown gear up, it won't have a "hung" tail wheel?

Also, how are those character-building tanks attached - magnets?

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Mar 22, 2014, 03:53 PM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Thanks Gene K - you're the pastel edging king! I must pick some up soon an give it a go. I've been meaning to do a complete job on one of our aircraft to show all the different techniques to 'enhance' one of our kits not only edging but to include masts, wire etc but I just havent found the time.

Those tanks are even more character building than you think. They secure under a folder over portion of sticker on the pylons via a wire hook. Images attached!

Landing with tanks only on needs to be onto grass or glass, or even inverted Magnets would be an interesting mod for sure.

That tail wheel could be made to dissapear. I have an idea to create a pocket between the fuselage halves using the self adhesive material. Needs some testing - but thanks for the spark!

Jon
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 22, 2014, 05:53 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICROACES View Post
Those tanks are even more character building than you think.
Can't wait to see the mod that drops the tanks - momentary full down/up elevator, for example. Then there's no need to land inverted.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Mar 23, 2014, 04:51 AM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
I've alway wondered about having drop tanks that include batteries to increase flight times and a bahoma style connector that could be broken to drop the tank during flight.

However there would need to be some electronic wizadry involved and I'm sure dropping Lipos from a great height may well be frowned upon too! (especially if made commercially available)
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:39 AM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
It's up on the Microaces website to view and available to order now!

Free laser cut acrylic deskstand for every order placed this weekend.

Thanks for your support chaps!

Jon
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:51 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,600 Posts
That display stand is a nice touch Jon; and a great way to keep these little beauties on display when not being flown!
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite Allusive 2.2M
Old Apr 01, 2014, 01:39 PM
Joined Sep 2012
382 Posts
Video!

Went to see my folks over the weekend in Weston-Super-Mare. The weather was so gorgeous and thankfully I had brought the Mustang along to show my dad. Although ex Navy he loves anything with wings too.

Got to fly off the beach and my daughter & sister took turns to video. Thanks girls!

Beach Attack! - Flying off Weston-S-Mare Beach - UK (3 min 41 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 01, 2014, 02:14 PM
United Kingdom, Windsor and Maidenhead
Joined Mar 2013
160 Posts
Nice one!
angelix is offline Find More Posts by angelix
Old May 17, 2014, 11:19 AM
lud
Making mischief in the air
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
901 Posts
Seen this up close and personal ... absolutely gorgeous, I'm not a fan of profile birds normally but these are the exception....

The Mig3 is stunning as well !
lud is offline Find More Posts by lud
Old May 17, 2014, 10:11 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Apr 2012
60 Posts
I just finished building my mig 3 and it was so much fun to build! And it flies well also. Now on to the P6 build.
verkair is offline Find More Posts by verkair