HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Gregor99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:22 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,292 Posts
Oh I see. Thanks.
I have borrowed my friend's PL8 in the past but I never really understood how to use it properly. I even downloaded and printed the manual - all 80 pages if I remember... but I could never get the Accurate charge to work, it used to always stop at 3.80 or something like that.. don't know why, so I used to just charge my batteries as normal. I can't remember which option it was that I used to use..
muscleflex is offline Find More Posts by muscleflex
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2014, 06:41 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,292 Posts
Received mine end of last week. Not parallel charged yet but I've been charging my 3s and 1 6s lipo.
I've just finished soldering deans to ec5 adapters last night. Will make some for XT60 as well.. for the MPA board.
muscleflex is offline Find More Posts by muscleflex
Old May 04, 2014, 12:08 PM
Australia, TAS, Lenah Valley
Joined Oct 2011
5 Posts
How do I get the text file for PL6 unbalanced storage to read/load. Seems its a txt file and the software is asking for a Single Preset (*.PS6)
595 is offline Find More Posts by 595
Old May 04, 2014, 12:25 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 595 View Post
How do I get the text file for PL6 unbalanced storage to read/load. Seems its a txt file and the software is asking for a Single Preset (*.PS6)
Remove the .TXT from the filename before importing. The instructions were added to the attachment during upload. But I see they are not visible in the post. I added the text to the first post.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dual Powerlab Case Project
Old May 04, 2014, 06:18 PM
Joined Oct 2011
5 Posts
Cheers for that, I've got a bit to learn to use this PL6 to its potential , your posts are very good and thanks for sharing your knowledge. You may also be able to advise why the help tabs in the PL6 CCS don't do anything, well at least for me. I have tried re-installing but still the same. After closing a couple of error windows the file doesn't exist it then opens the complete users guide manual. Is this normal?
Old May 04, 2014, 06:50 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 595 View Post
You may also be able to advise why the help tabs in the PL6 CCS don't do anything, well at least for me. I have tried re-installing but still the same. After closing a couple of error windows the file doesn't exist it then opens the complete users guide manual. Is this normal?
Just to be clear, when you open the CCS, you see the tabs on the top row like in the tour http://www.revolectrix.com/CCS_Tour.htm

But when you click on them, there is no response?
Now you cannot even start the CCS as it gives an file doesn't exist error?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2014, 12:22 AM
Joined Oct 2011
5 Posts
No I can use the CCS fine. Only if I click on a help for this tab button or on the help tab in the main menu I get that error. Close the error window ( twice) then the users manual launches complete. I was just using the help tab to see if I could get the info I needed when struggling to load that pre-set. Apart from that the charger control graphs etc. seem to function perfectly.
Old May 05, 2014, 01:33 AM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,106 Posts
The "Help for this tab" quick link attempts to open the manual which is stored in PDF and uses Adobe Acrobat. It should take you to the section of the manual that discusses the tab you are on.

If the clicking the link gives an error, the issue may be with Acrobat. It might be work checking to see you are on the latest version of Acrobat and that its working correctly.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2014, 04:30 AM
Joined Oct 2011
5 Posts
Yep that indeed was the issue Acrobat X Pro was up to date but the reader was Adobe Acrobat X 10.1.1 an update to 10.1.9 has fixed it thanks again.