HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:17 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,737 Posts
True the economy is on verge of complete meltdown across the world thanks to politicians so unless someone is in love with bikes, buying an rc bike seems to be a backup hobby vehicle and any price is too much maybe. Your idea of being viewed eccentric fits my idea of people having no interest in joining a lone rc biker out there. Im just surprised after so much time you havn't found at least 1 other street / gp bike fan that is willing to join you. Finding that 1 person is the hardest it appears, but maybe group will grow faster after that. Just my opinion, hope you didnt mind the comments here.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 02:14 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
Hey! I love comments!
OK, (a couple of minutes later!)
I also find it hard to convince a racer rather than a basher to get into bikes... The funny thing is I do know at least one guy with a good SB5; he is the guy who paints my SB-5 lexans and also an avid 2WD buggy racer, and past champion in this category in Greece. God knows I have asked the guy at least 200 times to ready the bike and come "race"...

Anyway... what do you mean exactly, by saying "group"?
I have also thought of starting a fb "group", something like "RC Bikes in Greece" or so...
I have made announcements (actually last year this time) to various Greek RC forums about an unofficial rc bike meeting at a local track (track owner was quite enthusiastic, in fact, to provide the track free of charge, say for a Saturday afternoon exclusively for bikes!), asking people who have bikes to bring whatever 2-wheeled rc thing they have... No response! I even asked for people who do NOT own bikes to come and try one (or many!) of my bikes!
Response?! "Does it wheely mister?" And then nothing...
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Last edited by steliosh; Mar 05, 2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:58 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,737 Posts
I was just refering to group as a couple of rc bike owners out there having fun on the track with you. I am thinking that once it is not just 1 rc biker out there, but a couple, it looks more accessible to a new person looking at getting into the hobby. Whereas if its just one person, then those considering a bike as a second vehicle might pass because there is nobody else. Maybe a person is thinking about the investment also based on how many are interested. In banker terms: Do you want to invest in one person who you dont know and could quit at any time, then your the one all alone. Or, is it safer / easier to invest in a hobby that has many owners so even if one person stops there are others. I wonder if my thoughts make sense lol.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Mar 06, 2013, 12:29 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
perfectly!
Old Mar 06, 2013, 01:11 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
And... just uploaded at Youtube:

CVP Special Tribute: Rc Bikes by Steliosh: The Greek Rc Rider (6 min 12 sec)

From my friend who interviewed me! Just action shooting of the onroad bikes... Nice music, nice angles that didn't show on the DotTV show!
Enjoy in HD!
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:22 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
285 Posts
Nice vids and an impressive collection!

-rskip
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip