Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 17, 2014, 10:13 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,124 Posts
Say...

Has anyone sighted Meebo around the traps lately?

He was another one of the 'old crew' who was fun to be around - it'd be nice to know that he's doing ok and hopefully still hooked into RC like he was back then.

I know 'Bud' fell into hard times, and I hope his life has turned for the better.

It's kinda funny to think of how we all got so excited when the mSR came out. Then the SR250. And how we all sooooo wanted a mini CP to hit the market - and finally the mCPx was introduced.

Now look at it a few years later - LadyBird FPV's... Nano QX's... fully funky Tri's, Quads, Hex and Octos as big as half a car. All 'computer' controlled and stabilized.

How brilliant was it to watch someone else's flight through an airframe-mounted camera? Snow and ice and firey sunsets?

Man... our Hobby has come on in leaps and bounds.

And those crazy late-night online Phoenix sessions - to hear each other and our friends from overseas too.

Ahhh... "the good ole days".

And yes, I still remember Space Invaders and Donkey Kong too. Even the original that started it all - "Pub Pong". Faaaark... I suddenly feel old now...

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old May 17, 2014, 08:39 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
oh sweet BJ

Ive got 5 x 1000mah 3s nano tech lipos already so Im set. Not sure if I have an esc laying around but its not hard to get one.

I have a ntm 2826 1350kv motor here that might be ok but ill have to find the prop adapter for it. I know ive got it somewhere.

BTW heres my videos I put on youtube:

umx yak 54 fancy flying (4 min 22 sec)

blade nano qx messing around (1 min 34 sec)

super surge crusher rc boat flips and looses a gopro (1 min 23 sec)

Oi BJ do yourself a favour and get yourself a umx yak 54. Its a very nimble plane and its allot of fun. I just hope I dont dumb thumb it again and crash it.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Jun 21, 2014, 03:05 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
Hey guys hope all is well. Still dont have a job but I got my centerlink loan and bought myself a new toy. I was sick of trying to make my other rc car go fast so I just went all out and bought this beast on ebay. Im going pretty these days though and keeping busy with mates or rc stuff.

Well i got a hpi vorza from ebay the other day and first thing I did was to swap out the 2650kv motor back to the stock 2200kv motor. I tried fitting the 14t pinion that came with it but it wouldnt mesh at all so I used the other 17t pinion that came with it and it worked great and meshed fine.

I was surprised it came with massive wheels on it. The guy I bought it off has done allot mods to this car and I dont think I need to do anything to it.

I took it down the park and ran it on 4s first and it was plenty quick enough. It was doing wheel stands from a full power start. I was surprised how quick it was. I had allot of fun with it and ran down the 2 x 2s lipos.

I then put 2 x 3s lipos in it. WOW its super quick on 6s. Its allot more fun on 6s. I was doing a few runs and then monitoring the motor temps. Then I would let it cool down a bit and then run it again. It was doing wheelies all around the park.

This thing is a weapon on 6s and allot more fun on 6s. I have a tx where I can dial down the speed if I want. So I have already sold the 2s lipos that I had and I plan to run 6s the whole time but I will dial back the speed a bit. I wont hammer it on 6s at full speed the whole time.

The only other thing to do now is to get the cooling fan and mount it above the motor for better cooling. I plan to use a small 2s lipo to power the fan as it has a JST connector.

I just need to get some more 3s lipos now.

I ended up selling the 2650kv motor that came in the car and also the tx and rx that came with the car and made some coin back on it. Im just trying to sell the stock tyres that come with the car as well now.

Anyways heres my 4s run:

HPI Vorza 2200kv 17/48 maiden on 4s (4 min 2 sec)

and heres my 6s run:

HPI Vorza 2200kv 17/48 maiden on 6s VERY FAST (3 min 6 sec)

below are some photos of it after a run. I love those massive tyres on it.

Hey BJ I still have a brand new bixler 2 here that I havent even maidened yet. When I set the flaps on it should I dial in some elev?

Anyways im off for a holiday for a week or two. Im going to see my pop. Hes not well and in a nursing home and hes selling his house and needs help to move some stuff and do some stuff around the house.

Hope everyone is well. Get a super fast rc car there awesome fun.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni