HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:11 AM
Registered User
Torch8's Avatar
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,122 Posts
Savox servos, REVERSE and Swashmix

I will be reconfiguring V2702rx setup for Savox cyclic servos.


1. Installed Savox servos, center servo horns, go to REVERSE setup and configure directions. What is the REVERSE settings for Savox?

2. Set radio swash mix set to 70,70,70 or 80,80,80 and then run v2702rx setup?
Or what is proper swash mix to configure for the Savox?

I know how to run V2702rx setup to progam endpoints on Aileon, Elevator and Rudder.
Torch8 is online now Find More Posts by Torch8
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:57 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,101 Posts
I had to replace my main shaft after my spool up test. Now i cant test til locktite dries oops. But i can see a very little wobble on the tail drive gear assembly.so i will order. Looks like i will learn how to do the tail sooner than later, my swash mixing is at 60,60,60 now. I cant have this happen again. I didnt check for binding without blades on , so once again user error, unless i can prove that swash ball came out .......
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2012, 05:03 PM
Registered User
A VIKING's Avatar
Joined Mar 2012
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I had to replace my main shaft after my spool up test. Now i cant test til locktite dries oops. But i can see a very little wobble on the tail drive gear assembly.so i will order. Looks like i will learn how to do the tail sooner than later, my swash mixing is at 60,60,60 now. I cant have this happen again. I didnt check for binding without blades on , so once again user error, unless i can prove that swash ball came out .......
I thought I saw the swash ball pop out when I was watching your video...yup that's what I saw

Viking
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2012, 05:28 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
I will be reconfiguring V2702rx setup for Savox cyclic servos.


1. Installed Savox servos, center servo horns, go to REVERSE setup and configure directions. What is the REVERSE settings for Savox?

2. Set radio swash mix set to 70,70,70 or 80,80,80 and then run v2702rx setup?
Or what is proper swash mix to configure for the Savox?

I know how to run V2702rx setup to progam endpoints on Aileon, Elevator and Rudder.
I wish i could help you but i have not received my savox servos from savoxusa.com yet. In fact i have not even received any shipping notification with tracking or anything. So far, i really would rather have ordered them from clubheli.com. Hopefully they arrive any day now. But i have no way know knowing if they even shipped them yet.

I would refer to heliflyer711's build log for the info your looking for. His info on the Align servos is also the same for the savox.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:24 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,101 Posts
Update? Test number 2 , still no blades , still wobble after main shaft was replaced. So i replaced fs, still has slight wobble only at lower speed for a second . But like i said i still need the tail gear piece.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I had to replace my main shaft after my spool up test. Now i cant test til locktite dries oops. But i can see a very little wobble on the tail drive gear assembly.so i will order. Looks like i will learn how to do the tail sooner than later, my swash mixing is at 60,60,60 now. I cant have this happen again. I didnt check for binding without blades on , so once again user error, unless i can prove that swash ball came out .......
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2012, 03:23 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
1,440 Posts
I posted this on another thread, but V450 fliers might be interested in this too.

Also take a look at the RoBird 3 axis gyro. Early reports are that it is working very well.
Check out the thread on the CX gyro before you buy one, there are problems with it.
This one is supposed to be th same as the RoBird.
New ALZRC 3GY V2.0 FBL System
Here's the link for Robird
http://www.skyhobbies.com.sg/pagelin...RobirdG31.html
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2012, 06:08 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Update? Test number 2 , still no blades , still wobble after main shaft was replaced. So i replaced fs, still has slight wobble only at lower speed for a second . But like i said i still need the tail gear piece.
I suspect that my tail drive gear is also one cause of my wobble too. It feels like it meshes too tightly when turning the head by hand... easy, easy, bump of resistance, easy, easy, bump, ...
I've seen my V200D01 and V100D01 suffer a wag because the main assembly rotation wasn't smooth.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2012, 06:52 PM
Registered User
A VIKING's Avatar
Joined Mar 2012
1,202 Posts
The V450 is flying very well for me but I have a question.
In a hover, it will sit there motionless for a period of time and then have a quick very short term shudder about every 30 seconds and then be smooth as silk once again. In slow flight it's silky smooth. The shudder lasts about 1 to 2 seconds.
Any ideas what causes such a thing, it dosn't effect anything just an oddity to me in hover.

Thanks,
Viking
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:05 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,101 Posts
Maybe turn down the gyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING View Post
The V450 is flying very well for me but I have a question.
In a hover, it will sit there motionless for a period of time and then have a quick very short term shudder about every 30 seconds and then be smooth as silk once again. In slow flight it's silky smooth. The shudder lasts about 1 to 2 seconds.
Any ideas what causes such a thing, it dosn't effect anything just an oddity to me in hover.

Thanks,
Viking
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:06 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING View Post
The V450 is flying very well for me but I have a question.
In a hover, it will sit there motionless for a period of time and then have a quick very short term shudder about every 30 seconds and then be smooth as silk once again. In slow flight it's silky smooth. The shudder lasts about 1 to 2 seconds.
Any ideas what causes such a thing, it dosn't effect anything just an oddity to me in hover.

Thanks,
Viking
My guess (and that's all it is) is that there are two things which are not completely balanced and the vibrations come in and out of phase. Could be the motor and tail.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2012, 08:22 PM
They call me plan B
Heli Biggie's Avatar
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,101 Posts
I hovered it today, Boy do i have a wobble , i hope its that tail drive assembly, its so slight but wow what a wobble.
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2012, 08:37 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING View Post
The V450 is flying very well for me but I have a question.
In a hover, it will sit there motionless for a period of time and then have a quick very short term shudder about every 30 seconds and then be smooth as silk once again. In slow flight it's silky smooth. The shudder lasts about 1 to 2 seconds.
Any ideas what causes such a thing, it dosn't effect anything just an oddity to me in hover.

Thanks,
Viking

My assumption at first without any understanding of your equipment.

1. the feathering shaft dampeners. They are soft, especially in the heat.

2. If you have stock servos. They probably have developed slop in them and move around loosely like a car steering wheel with "play" in it. If this is it, it will get worse.

Otherwise it could be anything. It is probably the dampeners in the summer heat though. But turn down the gain a hair and it should fix the symptom. Not the problem. You can also try moving your blades or swash plate while the rx is powered to check for slop. Of course be careful and disco the motor or something. But see if the blades or swash have any play in them and find out from where. I know i don't have to go into any farther detail for you. I'm sure you'll figure it out before you get around to reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I hovered it today, Boy do i have a wobble , i hope its that tail drive assembly, its so slight but wow what a wobble.
I'm not sure, but same thing goes for you biggie. Check for play if all your shafts are new. I didn't have a chance to watch that last video. Was it a crash? If so, see if you got some play in those new servos now. Probably not. But it's hard to tell what your wobble is from without seeing it.



QUESTION:
What bearings come in the v450 bearing set? I'm sure none are frame or shaft replacements right?
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2012, 08:54 PM
Registered User
A VIKING's Avatar
Joined Mar 2012
1,202 Posts
This is what I have for RX settings:
AILE=full negative
ELEV=10:00
BAL=1:00
TAIL=full negative

When I recieved the ship the AILE was max negative and I thought that was wrong but after resetting to 12:00 and flying and making corrections to reduce the shaking, I ended up back at max negative.
Again not a huge issue with me but it is a curiosity. If I could correct it I would, just because.

I was hopeing one of you guy's had seen it before.
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING
Last edited by A VIKING; Jul 05, 2012 at 12:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:52 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING View Post
This is what I have for RX settings:
AILE=max+
ELEV=10:00
BAL=1:00
TAIL=max+

When I recieved the ship the AILE was max positive and I thought that was wrong but after resetting to 12:00 and flying and making corrections to reduce the shaking, I ended up back at max positive.
Again not a huge issue with me but it is a curiosity. If I could correct it I would, just because.

I was hopeing one of you guy's had seen it before.
Oh yes, the v450 wobble is infamous. I read and saw videos of it before i got my heli. Are you using the stock servos right now? If so, thats crazy because I could not turn my gains to max with these servos without the helicopter turning into a flapjack and trying to take off into the air after bind up, like thwaitm described also. I have to keep them below 12:00. But thats all a thing of the past. The new servos shipped and are all on their way. Hopefully before the weekend.

I'm afraid, i don't know what could be causing your issue. I can only speculate: How tight are your blades? Have you checked your blade grip's thrust bearings lately? Have you checked blade balance and tracking?
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2012, 10:27 PM
Registered User
A VIKING's Avatar
Joined Mar 2012
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Oh yes, the v450 wobble is infamous. I read and saw videos of it before i got my heli. Are you using the stock servos right now? If so, thats crazy because I could not turn my gains to max with these servos without the helicopter turning into a flapjack and trying to take off into the air after bind up, like thwaitm described also. I have to keep them below 12:00. But thats all a thing of the past. The new servos shipped and are all on their way. Hopefully before the weekend.

I'm afraid, i don't know what could be causing your issue. I can only speculate: How tight are your blades? Have you checked your blade grip's thrust bearings lately? Have you checked blade balance and tracking?
Thanks for the sugestions, what really confuses me is it's a hover issue only. I can fly slowly back and forth and not see it at all, but stop in a hover and wait a short time and it will give a little shake like it's cold, it stops quickly but give it a little time and it will give a little shake again.
It may be harmonic. If it is I should be able to change the head speed and it should go away I would think, I'll give that a shot tomorrow and tweek the gyro settings again if head speed dosn't do anything. Being a new ship everything is tight and yes I do have stock servos.

Thanks again, hope everyone had a happy 4th.
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Walkera 400d or Walkera Brushless Cb100 or Heli max 6 channel heli blueindian Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 07, 2010 08:03 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#6 or Walkera 4#6s? red_storm Micro Helis 8 Jul 07, 2010 12:17 AM
Discussion Upgrade my Walkera 4#3B or just get a Walkera 4#6? tumble2k Micro Helis 7 Mar 26, 2010 07:30 PM
For Sale Walkera 68 & Walkera 36 Parts bretware Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 29, 2009 05:23 PM
Wanted Walkera Lama2 or Walkera 5G6-1 night_life Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Aug 27, 2009 04:20 AM