Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 09, 2010, 01:57 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
771 Posts
Discussion
Cheapest RTF quadrocopter

I am looking for the most bang-for-the-buck programmable quad with auto stabilization. So far, it looks like the mikrocopter series seem to be the best (and only that does good stabilization). Is this right? I want to make sure before I shell out $1000+ on one.

Also, is it possible to not pay the VAT fee, by instead having someone local purchase it, and send it to me as a gift?
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2010, 05:20 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
It's really a Ford or Chevy thing with some performance and feature comparisons and a Chevy Rolls Royce comparison for costs. So more of a personal decision as they all fly well within the flight limits that are also influenced by your individual build and flying skills and ability to maintain attention to detail, choice of frame and motors and props. You have to do your own homework and decide what is right for you with what you intend to do with it. Lot's of info to study here: Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post
I am looking for the most bang-for-the-buck programmable quad with auto stabilization. So far, it looks like the mikrocopter series seem to be the best (and only that does good stabilization). Is this right? I want to make sure before I shell out $1000+ on one.

Also, is it possible to not pay the VAT fee, by instead having someone local purchase it, and send it to me as a gift?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins