Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:17 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,263 Posts
The STI app has SPOKEN telemetry, you select what sensors you want to hear telemetry along with the time interval between spoken announcements.

It's pretty cool right now so I can just image how cool it will be later (future).

The time interval would be nice if it were for individual sensors.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:19 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
The STI app has SPOKEN telemetry, you select what sensors you want to hear telemetry along with the time interval between spoken announcements.

It's pretty cool right now so I can just image how cool it will be later (future).

The time interval would be nice if it were for individual sensors.
Nice! So is this STI app an iphone app or pretty much any smartphone? Do you need any special equipment other than phone? Thanks.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:21 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Nice! So is this STI app an iphone app or pretty much any smartphone? Do you need any special equipment other than phone? Thanks.
iDevices only. There is an STI device plus the app, you need both.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:22 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,263 Posts
STI App is an iDevice App and it requires the STI Dongle.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...face-SPMTR1000
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:24 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
iDevices only. There is an STI device plus the app, you need both.
Dont have an idevice... The wife has an iphone and ipad though....hmmmmm
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:30 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Dont have an idevice... The wife has an iphone and ipad though....hmmmmm
And you will need a 30 pin to Lightning adapter if its the newest iPad as well, just something to keep in mind since they changed the connector types.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,404 Posts
With the DX8 is there a way to assign rudder, elevator and aileron low rates to the AUX or F MODE switch for an electric airplane, if so what are the steps?

Thank you.
itsme2 is online now Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:55 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,263 Posts
In the D/R & Expo menu select the switch you want to use from the list of possible switches.

The Steps are -
Press the Roller Menu Button to access Function List.
Scroll down to D/R & Expo.
Select, then for each of the controls (Aileron, Elevator & Rudder) select the Sw: (switch) you want.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:04 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,404 Posts
Quote:
In the D/R & Expo menu select the switch you want to use from the list of possible switches.

The Steps are -
Select, then for each of the controls (Aileron, Elevator & Rudder) select the Sw: (switch) you want.
I couldn't find it in the manual, Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, IL, Libertyville
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
SORRY I read the you didn't understand it still - re- reading after posting and see you do. Just as free chip instructed. The switch I use for all three is the F Mode switch. 0,1,2 are the three levels you can set D/R and Expo for all those channels with the one switch. Go into the menu as freechip wrote and you will see it.
daver22 is offline Find More Posts by daver22
Last edited by daver22; Dec 29, 2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Jumped the gun
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:45 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,404 Posts
Quote:

The Steps are -
I tried to get rudder, elevator and aileron low rates, all three at the same time, on the F MODE and AUX switch?
Last edited by itsme2; Dec 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:20 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,395 Posts
You can't have two switches do the same thing. Either you put the rates on FMode or on Aux. You can't put them on both at the same time. (How would it know which one to do?)

You can assign the same switch to all three channels, but you can't assign two switches to the same channel.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:20 AM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
You can't have two switches do the same thing. Either you put the rates on FMode or on Aux. You can't put them on both at the same time. (How would it know which one to do?)

You can assign the same switch to all three channels, but you can't assign two switches to the same channel.

Andy
I did get the F MODE switch programmed ok with aileron, rudder and aileron triple rates but I can't get the AUX switch to appear in the programming "SW" box at the bottom of the screen, in case I want to switch my triple rates to the AUX switch?

When assigning D/R's to the F MODE switch do the EXPO values get transferred too?

Do most airplane pilots here retain their individual D/R switches or combine them on the F MODE switch?

Thank you.
Last edited by itsme2; Dec 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:55 AM
DS will change your life
Danmark, Nordjylland, Sæby
Joined May 2010
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
I did get the F MODE switch programmed ok with aileron, rudder and aileron triple rates but I can't get the AUX switch to appear in the programming "SW" box at the bottom of the screen, in case I want to switch my triple rates to the AUX switch?

When assigning D/R's to the F MODE switch do the EXPO values get transferred too?

Do most airplane pilots here retain their individual D/R switches or combine them on the F MODE switch?

Thank you.
I use the individual switches, because its rare that all controls surfaces need to be redused at the same time.

Regards
S
SpeedsterDEN is offline Find More Posts by SpeedsterDEN
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:59 AM
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Aug 2008
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post

Thank you.
I set all my dual rates to the flight mode switch. I have a pretty simple setup,
flight mode 0, basic rates and expos for take off landing and precision maneuvers.
flight mode 1, increase ailerons, decreased elevator and rudder for snapping maneuvers.
flight mode 2, as much travel as I can get on everything for 3D, etc.

I prefer to just change 1 single switch to setup for a specific class of maneuvers..
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455