HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:21 PM
Joined Jul 2011
6 Posts
Alert
Beware of this seller on AliExpress.

I wanted wam everyone to be careful whith this seller on AliExpress, bought a product it and even claiming that it had not delivered an error in the published price,
iīm still waiting refund the money, do not know if I get.

sellerīs site: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/413724

sellerīs name: Jimmy Teng
Ricardohpb is offline Find More Posts by Ricardohpb
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:44 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,854 Posts
Any store name you're suspicious of, just Google it, & scan thru the first page of hits.
On this one, "DealExtreme.com and AliExpress.com. BEWARE! "

I'll also add that any sellers associated with, member of, or owned by the Alibaba conglomerate, no matter how legit their website might appear - be prepared to lose your money and be met with a wall of stupidity, indifference, and outright lies in your attempts to regain it.

And guess who's a member.
(See thread subject line).

[Addendum] Just for the record, from Wikipedia:
Alibaba Scandal
On February 21st in 2011, Alibaba admitted that it had granted “gold” status (a mark of supposed integrity) to 2,236 dealers who it says subsequently defrauded buyers. ..."

And that's just the 'Gold' ones!!
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Aug 2011
55 Posts
I have bought a great many items through both Alibaba (before Aliexpress kicked off), and Aliexpress. I have always had good service, and on the one occasion when the goods failed to arrive, my full amount was refunded by Aliexpress.

I believe that it is a legitimate business enterprise, acting as a go between for the many businesses in China that use it. Of course, there are going to be the odd shonky business, but if you think that only happens with Aliexpress, then you're dreaming.

The escrow system works every bit as well as paypal, and there are no fees for purchases.

Has no one had bad experiences with Ebay? Yet I don't see people knocking Ebay as a ripoff. Maybe this stems from the fact that Aliexpress is a Chinese enterprise.

Sorry, I had to say something about this, I hate to see people being turned off a good alternative method of purchasing over the internet.

I will say though, that in the last six months or so, goods advertised on Aliexpress are not as cheap as they used to be, and the incidence of free postage has declined too.

Dave
suzygs1000 is offline Find More Posts by suzygs1000
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:46 PM
D W
I love you man.
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
Any store name you're suspicious of, just Google it, & scan thru the first page of hits.
:
[
I just read elsewhere on RCG that those companies that promise to help "clean up" your on-line reputation do so by making lots of "positive" posts about you in multiple places on the 'net. This effectively bumps the bad stuff off the first page of a google search.

From http://www.apa.org/gradpsych/feature...ne-record.aspx

"Bury unsavory content underneath new publications. Many people will only wade through the first page or two of your search results, so add new content — perhaps on a blog — that burnishes your online image, says Beal. Since new entries are more likely to top search results, post once every few months about your new academic papers or your charity work. Beal also recommends registering a domain name to link any updated content directly to your name, or creating a blog using your full name. "
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:25 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,854 Posts
Relatively few know that so I wouldn't fret it....and when a bad company is bad, the 'fresher news' about them will say so 'cuz the hits just keep on a-coming. I don't think scanning thru the first page or two of a Goog is a Fail, even with the so called coverups. The strategy is to look for bad mentions, not the goods.

All in all, as usual a little common sense is called for.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:19 AM
Frogfish
Malaysia, Melaka
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
Just to advise you if you order through Aliexpress or Alibaba.com (same) and take the free shipping option with Post China you may have to wait up to 90 days before getting your stuff, so be patient or just avoid lousy China Post.
Believe me I've made the experience few times and I live in Malaysia, maybe for US is faster regardless the few extra miles...

The new policy is as follow:

Dear Customer,

We have received your dispute that the products are not delivered. Due to recent changes in customs policy, there have been delays with some items shipped from China, mostly for China Post Air Mail/ China Post Air Parcel. This situation began in September and has lasted until recently.

Based on this situation, we have extended the delivery time from 60 to 90 calendar days. We would like to assure you that your payment is safe with us on AliExpress and you will be fully refunded if your package is not delivered within this 90 days limit. Refunds are not available for non-delivery situations under your control, such as customs clearance not being completed by you within the time limit.

Well done Aliexpress super service, 90 days before they even consider your case...Better just said it like this: Dear valuable customer, we are sorry to announce that due to our mediocre performance we have been force to change our policy...bla ..bla..bla...
Madog71 is offline Find More Posts by Madog71