HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:19 AM
Espa˝a, CL, ┴vila
Joined Sep 2008
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by katana2665 View Post
Throttle servo also operates brakes
That┤s an standard setup on all other bikes. But you may see this bike is quite uncommon....

The reason about my interest to install four servos is the throttle actuation. I prefer to use a solid rod and a closing spring, so servo must be fitted in the swingarm.

Another "more standard" setup will have three servos (steering, front brake and throttle/rear brake) but I have to install a line to open the carb with a spring to close it. Throttle/rear brake servo would be installed besides front brake servo in the same chassis holes and located to the left.

Some more pics with complete chassis (rear body mount) and roller bar mounts too. These mounts pivot up and down following the track surface same way swingarm does (this is an Edi Winter idea...)

trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:49 AM
Espa˝a, CL, ┴vila
Joined Sep 2008
549 Posts
Some updates to this proyect.

A friend encouraged me to design a crashback system in order not to need to go to the hobby shop for new forks right after every crash. He also told me it would be interesting to use elongating springs instead of standard ones.

So I went to the computer and draw this:

I┤ve eliminated the 28║ rake adjustment because I think I┤ll never need it.

And also redesigned a chassis with mounting holes for the roller bars, throwing away the pivoting system for a neater look and lower CG...

More pics to show. Finally purchased the bevel drive set for this bike. Hope to get it soon and start to build the bike asap.

And a final pic to show you the leaning angle of this bike and its width. 70║ of leaning angle for a nitro bike...

See you soon with real pics.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:19 PM
Espa˝a, CL, ┴vila
Joined Sep 2008
549 Posts
More updates.

Swingarm shaft mounts allow to move the shaft a total 6mm (+/-3 from standard position).

And bevel drive gear installed on the bike.

Hope to show real pics soon.