HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:48 PM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
i dont get it buddy thanks to you im able to see the gps signal on the ublox software but i follow the rest of the stuff on the config for the multiwii and i upload it and the quad flyies but there is not gps .
i started the GUI for the multiwii conf. and everything works i dont get any error in the ic2.
but i dont have gps either
what do i dot_
bc2801 is offline Find More Posts by bc2801
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:31 AM
Brazil, São Paulo, São José dos Campos
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc2801 View Post
i dont get it buddy thanks to you im able to see the gps signal on the ublox software but i follow the rest of the stuff on the config for the multiwii and i upload it and the quad flyies but there is not gps .
i started the GUI for the multiwii conf. and everything works i dont get any error in the ic2.
but i dont have gps either
what do i dot_
I2C LED blinks 3 times? Did you able I2C on Multiwii config (just uncomment I2C)?

Make a video, please!
QUENAZ is offline Find More Posts by QUENAZ
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:20 AM
Joined Oct 2012
35 Posts
Hi quenaz yes uncommented The line andi think is blinking 3 sbut iwil kethe video tomorrow K
bc2801 is offline Find More Posts by bc2801
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:17 PM
Brazil, São Paulo, São José dos Campos
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc2801 View Post
Hi quenaz yes uncommented The line andi think is blinking 3 sbut iwil kethe video tomorrow K
Ok, bc2801.

I'm curious about your multiwii version because you didn't receive any I2C errors. May you send me a multiwii + gui that you're using in your quad?

Thanks!
QUENAZ is offline Find More Posts by QUENAZ
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:57 PM
EEUU, AK, Palmer
Joined Sep 2010
19 Posts
ok folks I'm building a quad specs: (my first quad build)

ATG600 frame
4x sunnysky 2212 KV980
4x sunnysky 20amp esc
Crius Multiwii SE

I attached the FTDI to the board and used the 2.1 console to view the board and calibrate everything but nothing showed up. I assumed then that the board had not been flashed so I downloaded Adriano 1.0 environment and 2.1 configuration file. I flashed the board using the duemilanove w/ atmega328 board setting.

It worked. I loaded the console next calibrated set P and I and expo and saved the settings.

I pulled the USB then attached my radio receiver to check everything and the board wouldn't boot. (for lack of a better term) I re flashed the board and went to the console again and was surprised to see that the custom settings were still set...

what gives?

from my research I'm guessing the boot loader is fried or corrupt somehow. (correct me if I'm wrong)

If that is the case I was looking at the pocket AVR to reprogram the boot loader. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9825?

I haven't seen this issue come up with the Crius Multiwii SE board yet and am a little nervous about heading off into uncharted waters. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
FrostytheSM is offline Find More Posts by FrostytheSM
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:57 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Keep uploading sketch

Similar issue as above.

I have the multiwii SEv1 board And when I use the multiwii config software It works fine until I plugged in my rudder channel At which point I had to then upload the sketch again In order for it to work. Works fine at that point unless I unplug the power from the board At which point then I have to upload the sketch again. Can read and write to the board just fine. Controls work from tx but as soon as I remove power and power it up again I have to upload the sketch once more. Using multiwii v2.0

Anyone know what I can do to correct this?
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:09 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying By View Post
Similar issue as above.

I have the multiwii SEv1 board And when I use the multiwii config software It works fine until I plugged in my rudder channel At which point I had to then upload the sketch again In order for it to work. Works fine at that point unless I unplug the power from the board At which point then I have to upload the sketch again. Can read and write to the board just fine. Controls work from tx but as soon as I remove power and power it up again I have to upload the sketch once more. Using multiwii v2.0

One time the GUI gave me the message that the GUI and the Arduino versions didn't match.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:34 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Similar issue as above.

I found a bit of a work-around, although I really want a solution.

It seems that there is a problem when a rx channel is plugged into D6 (rudder/yaw on the board).

If I leave that 1 channel unplugged when the board powers up, and then plug it in everything works fine, even after cycling the power on and off as long as D6 is not connected on power up.

Anyone else experience this?

Any way to correct it? Can it be programmed to use a different connector (such as D12) for the yaw channel?
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:00 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
I found a bit of a work-around, although I really want a solution.

It seems that there is a problem when a rx channel is plugged into D6 (rudder/yaw on the board).

If I leave that 1 channel unplugged when the board powers up, and then plug it in everything works fine, even after cycling the power on and off as long as D6 is not connected on power up.

Anyone else experience this?

Any way to correct it? Can it be programmed to use a different connector (such as D12) for the yaw channel?
Problem Solved!

Well, it was my own doing...I had not plugged in the 2 AUX channels (didn't think it was necessary to start with) and now that I have plugged in all 6 channels, it seems to be working fine.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:33 PM
EEUU, AK, Palmer
Joined Sep 2010
19 Posts
flying by, I unplugged my receiver and my board boots with saved configuration. I'm a little confused by your post. there are aux ports. aux1 aux2 x2 right?

I have a cheap 6 channel hobby king radio and receiver. which of the aux ports did you plug into?

mode
D8
or
D12?
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:41 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostytheSM View Post
flying by, I unplugged my receiver and my board boots with saved configuration. I'm a little confused by your post. there are aux ports. aux1 aux2 x2 right?

I have a cheap 6 channel hobby king radio an

d receiver. which of the aux ports did you plug into?

mode
D8
or
D12?
I am also using the Hobby King receiver. Plugged into pins D7 and D8.

You have to define the D8 in the config file. Plugged into the gear channel as well as the aux channel on the Orange RX.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:40 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Can you have the FC board plugged into computer through FTDI while you power it up with a LIPO that is also powering up the board?

It seems it would be getting 2 sources of power then?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:53 PM
Joined Oct 2012
108 Posts
I can't seem to find this board anywhere now. HobbyKing no long has them in stock. The only place I found was from this link (http://www.dhgate.com/crius-mwc-mult...fdedb1703.html) but it looks different and the dimemsions are different, too. Is it the same board?
notlkk is offline Find More Posts by notlkk
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:14 PM
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notlkk View Post
I can't seem to find this board anywhere now. HobbyKing no long has them in stock. The only place I found was from this link (http://www.dhgate.com/crius-mwc-mult...fdedb1703.html) but it looks different and the dimemsions are different, too. Is it the same board?
Yep, same board. New and improved smaller footprint and better sensors.

Check here for much better price: http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...1&productname=

Cheers,
Geoff
gbmarsh is offline Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:21 PM
EEUU, AK, Palmer
Joined Sep 2010
19 Posts
Quote:
Can you have the FC board plugged into computer through FTDI while you power it up with a LIPO that is also powering up the board?

It seems it would be getting 2 sources of power then?
I wouldn't power the board with the FTDI and battery.

I have it set up so the board will get power through one of the esc. I have cut the red wire or positive from the other three esc.

With the board off of the multirotor I just power it off of the FTDI. no problems as of yet. the FTDI also powers the receiver through the throttle cable. while on the FTDI and while powered through the esc.